Does anyone else see an economic crash coming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course there is the problem of resupply...(ever watch Mad Max?)

Yes. Ka-Boooommmmm!!!!

explosion-01.gif

Don't presume. Your SHTF scenario is not the only one. You can imagine the SHTF and there is still gas. Less of it, less often, etc. But still some.

If you mean some sort of event where there is no gas left and people are fleeing... I think that gas station attendant is already gone with as many jerry cans as he could fit on his roof rack.
We can't imagine every possible scenario, but unless there's a reason to leave, every time you move, you leave stuff behind, so many of those who are prepared will stay closest to known resources. The unprepared fools and innocents will roam and/or pillage, looking for greener pastures, possibly becoming victims of other groups doing the same thing. In many SHTF scenarios, those who are not prepared will start dying in mass. The electric grid may have gone down due to EMP or CME. Or it could be radioactive fallout or volcanic ash.

The bottom line is that I don't expect someone, government or corporate, to come save us. It could be many months or years before what we knew before is restored - if ever. That's why we plan, practice, and prep.

I guess I imagine if I was that gas station owner, and I was not really prepared and I wanted my family to survive, I would use my control and (doubtless temporary possession) of my gasoline and diesel reserves to barter for as much canned food and supplies, as possible during the first few days. I would trade with decent folks just trying to fill their cars or generators until it became too difficult to defend from the crazies. But after those first few days, if I hadn't been killed, maybe my family would have enough resources to make it past the mass death wave. After that, some local food gathering might still be dangerous, but maybe less so? Better to be prepared.

I guess I imagine if I was that gas station owner, and I was not really prepared and I wanted my family to survive, I would use my control and (doubtless temporary possession) of my gasoline and diesel reserves to barter for as much canned food and supplies, as possible during the first few days.
Yes in that scenario I think I would do the same. All of this bullshit people were spouting about what would or would not be useful is foolish. But in this post you give a very specific scenario and prediction what would happen. It seems feasible.

You realize your scenario assumes that the gas station owner know during that first day or two that there will be no resupply and to me that seems like a stretch. Hell it seems like a stretch to me that the gas station owner lives in the same county. Anyway some people who don't have a crystal ball will probably still take dollars and only dollars until the fuel runs out the next day. Maybe cash instead of cards if the power is out. Who knows?

And really I think that's the thing. No one knows. The more confident people get the more they look like they are scared people trying to insist their way into certainty over an uncertain future.

If a crash or "National Emergency" comes, the government will probably close all banks to stop people making it worse by withdrawing their cash, and even banks themselves might go bust and shut their doors in people's faces, that's why I keep most of my cash at home because I don't want to end up like these poor huddled masses..:)-

bank-indy.jpg

bank-rock.jpg

Last edited:
If a real hardcore apocalypse becomes imminent, it might be a good idea to use our cash to buy food while it's still available on the shelves, because we won't be able to eat money as this chap found out and starved to death in the 'Survivors 1975' TV series-

Survs-eat-money.jpg

Reminds me of an old story my Dad told me. A woman in Germany after WW1 was waiting in line with a wheelbarrow full of money to buy food. She forgot something at home and went to get it. When she returned to her place in line the wheelbarrow was gone but the money was still there.

I keep some cash but not much. If the economy goes belly up, they will go digital overnight to save themselves. Cash on the streets will be useless in short order because the minions will be all in on the digital.

I keep just enough fiat paper to spend within a couple of days. Most of my value is in growing land, useful goods, gold/silver.

A recurring theme in history is currency crises caused by military spending. It happened here in the US in the War of Independence. The expression "Not worth a Continental (Continental Dollar)" was a result.

The cost of World War I, which Europe forced Germany pay through the nose for, which then caused the collapse of the Weimar Republic's Papiermark, was a major factor in Hitler's rise to power.

Now we are sending billions upon billions of dollars in money and military equipment to a doomed corrupt state for a war we should not have any part in at a time when many people here can't afford to buy food.

Those who ignore the lessons of history...

Now we are sending billions upon billions of dollars in money and military equipment to a doomed corrupt state for a war we should not have any part in at a time when many people here can't afford to buy food.

Those who ignore the lessons of history...

Happens here as well as in all European countries, and it will pull us ALL into the abyss, the crash will come.

The governments of Europe, USA and other countries have betrayed their population, and they are about to eliminate us, either with a 3rd world war with Russia, or the destruction of energy supplies and supply chains to kill millions of people.
The biggest enemy is in their own government and most people still don't understand that, the government will use the sheeple before their end to ignite complete chaos.

On the news today , one in six American households are now delinquent on paying their electric bill . With the collapsing economy and runaway inflation the people can not pay for electricity and also eat . Many that are holding their heads above water struggling from drowning in inflation are desperately using credit cards " a loan " to buy food . Amazing how bad things have gotten in the United States since the 2020 political coup . Many have now lost their homes . Some of these have moved in with relatives . Preppers that foresaw some kind of SHTF event and established rural bug out retreat are faring much better than those that don't have enough ground for a reasonable garden . This is not to say all preppers have a farmable homestead but it is to say those that don't are finding their economic situation much more dire . It will get much worse .

Last edited:
On the news today , one in six American households are now delinquent on paying their electric bill . With the collapsing economy and runaway inflation the people can not pay for electricity and also eat . Many that are holding their heads above water struggling from drowning in inflation are desperately using credit cards " a loan " to buy food . Amazing how bad things have gotten in the United States since the 2020 political coup . Many have now lost their homes . Some of these have moved in with relatives . Preppers that foresaw some kind of SHTF event and established rural bug out retreat are faring much better than those that don't have enough ground for a reasonable garden . This is not to say all preppers have a farmable homestead but it is to say those that don't are finding their economic situation much more dire . It will get much worse .

My bil preps new houses to be sold in New subdivisions. He has to prep them for rentals instead of for sale, which they where originally built for. Most of the buyers they had lined up can't get the loans any longer.

Well it has now happened . The United States Democrats in Washington DC have spent the entire yearly budget . The responsible members of the Republican house , have decreed to defund the Democrats thief agency " alias IRS " . So what happens next ? That money the Democrats squandered away was supposed to keep the government agencies afloat until next September . They went through the years budget in less than 5 months . It may very well be more than just the tax thief agency going belly up but perhaps an across the board of shutting down agencies . -- It is a good thing we are preppers and ready for railway subsides and other government funded schemes to collapse . No need for stores or fuel for transportation for the self sufficient .

Last edited:
--- Here is a video on the debt ceiling fiasco . According to the video " Social Security and Medicare sits on the chopping block . Whether they are eliminated or not the homesteading self - sufficient prepper is likely ready . The rough weather prepper " that's a different matter . No doubt though the strategy for most folks regardless as to whether they are a self-proclaimed prepper or not , will be to simply deny this interesting economic crash and use the ostrich strategy .

Latest posts

Back