Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and you think the election was legit? I NEVER thought Georgia would go blue. NEVER.
Georgia for the most part did not. The larger population areas did though and carried their numbers for the blue win. I don’t have any charts to back it up but would bet that 80% of rural Georgia is red.

Its going to be another hot one again today and hotter tomorrow. Yesterday was 86. May not sound too bad but with the dust and the smoke it feels pretty miserable to be working outside.
Going to take a load of cows/calves to the auction tomorrow. Better go out and find them and bring them in to the corral this morning.

Its going to be another hot one again today and hotter tomorrow. Yesterday was 86. May not sound too bad but with the dust and the smoke it feels pretty miserable to be working outside.
Going to take a load of cows/calves to the auction tomorrow. Better go out and find them and bring them in to the corral this morning.

We are supposed to hit 90 today for the third day in a row. That is really unusual for us at our altitude. I notice that Knoxville is supposed to hit 98 today.

Still building the terrace at 110°F daily, rock work, concrete work and later the wood work. Get into the pool, cool down, one liter per hour of wetness and keep working...building the new shower cabin at the same time if I get too how outside, just like Robin, you gotta know when it is enough and take a break, take a nap like Arctic or take a cold beer/tea/juice/milk....Gary

Still building the terrace at 110°F daily, rock work, concrete work and later the wood work. Get into the pool, cool down, one liter per hour of wetness and keep working...building the new shower cabin at the same time if I get too how outside, just like Robin, you gotta know when it is enough and take a break, take a nap like Arctic or take a cold beer/tea/juice/milk....Gary
110 is too hot. When it gets up to about 80 here I knock off for the day.
Went out looking for the cows this morning and couldn't find them. After a few cold ones I'll go out again. Early this morning I smoked some cheese, now I have a chicken in the smoker.

110 is too hot. When it gets up to about 80 here I knock off for the day.
Went out looking for the cows this morning and couldn't find them. After a few cold ones I'll go out again. Early this morning I smoked some cheese, now I have a chicken in the smoker.

it is around 8:15 pm and it is still around 90°F outside. Just sat down with a quart of cold milk and some chocolate with strawberries to get some energy back...gonna do the tile work in the shower tomorrow since we got the new water connections and shower head today. No more shower curtain, glass doors!!!!

I always look at real estate when I can't see across the river. I do the same when all my doors are frozen shut. Come spring and everything thaws out and come fall when the smoke blows away I know I will never leave.

Just out drinking a cold one on the back deck and watched a bear come out of the woods behind the house. He crossed the meadow and went to the rear of the garden and orchard. He sat down next to the chicken coop watching the chickens. Then one of the chickens started squaking and it scared the bear and he climbed up a tree. He's still up there. Mean chickens. They scared the poor bear.

101F is a regular Summer day in east Texas
Yeah I know and probably more humid too. But my wife will starting her weekend tomorrow, so the next 3 days won’t be mine to plan. I’ll take my me time now. I got a lot accomplished this week despite having to go to town everyday.

Just out drinking a cold one on the back deck and watched a bear come out of the woods behind the house. He crossed the meadow and went to the rear of the garden and orchard. He sat down next to the chicken coop watching the chickens. Then one of the chickens started squaking and it scared the bear and he climbed up a tree. He's still up there. Mean chickens. They scared the poor bear.
Have you been seeing a lot more wildlife activity because of the drought? A couple of weeks ago I spotted a mountain lion in the middle of the day 2 times. Highly unusual.
Coon have making a mess in the carport lately at night. Gotta get a trap ready.
Only thing I like to see when it’s this dry, is the Tule coming up to the horse troughs for water

Have you been seeing a lot more wildlife activity because of the drought? A couple of weeks ago I spotted a mountain lion in the middle of the day 2 times. Highly unusual.
Coon have making a mess in the carport lately at night. Gotta get a trap ready.
Only thing I like to see when it’s this dry, is the Tule coming up to the horse troughs for water
Yes. We have several water tanks out for the livestock and a pond. Many of the springs and creeks in the area have dried up so we have the only water around for quite a distance. Lots of coyote and bear tracks around the pond.
We also have a water tank in the back yard and its always covered in birds.

Latest posts

Back