Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went up to the lumber yard today. Picked up 10 - 2×4's and a few other things: $200. Picked up a small basket of groceries on the way home: $185. Filled up the truck: $285. That comes to $670 for just today. And who says there isnt any inflation? Thank Biden voters! Please explain how Biden was a better choice than Trump?
Totally agree! I'm still waiting on my front porch expansion, may not be happening in the near further, but at least the price of lumber is going down. Feels like I have been spending a lot more these days too.

Last edited:
Too bad. I finally got my generator a couple weeks ago. I built a wood deck for the generator to sit on. Next I need to put in a gravel pad to sit the 250 gallon propane tank on. I found an electrician that knows how to connect this generator to the well pump so it will start automatically when we need water.

Nice! I do have a big portable and two Hondas that can connect together in the meantime. Also the solar panels that charge the batteries we bring in the house. Not totally stuck.
That reminds me. I need to get a solar panel to keep the starter battery charged. Apparently to make this generator start automatically it needs 12 volt power to run a sensor or something like that. With this new generator it makes 6 for us ranging in size from 3.5kw up to 12kw.

Went up to the lumber yard today. Picked up 10 - 2×4's and a few other things: $200. Picked up a small basket of groceries on the way home: $185. Filled up the truck: $285. That comes to $670 for just today. And who says there isnt any inflation? Thank Biden voters! Please explain how Biden was a better choice than Trump?
how much fuel did you buy

"Mean tweets" versus "Evil intentions". . . . That is were we are right now wuth dementia Joe"s "election". Yep, I am at that point.

Trump talked about women letting him grab them by there p#@!& and we have Joe Biden grabbing and squeezing an 8yo girls breast on video.

I like solar power for charging my Jackery, witch can then charge every rechargeable battery I have.

In my location there isnt any other way to make electric. Nearest power is 6 miles away.
post SHTF I wont require electricity unlike most of the human race I can live without it, have before and will again, thats one of the benefits of living in a mild climate.

post SHTF I wont require electricity unlike most of the human race I can live without it, have before and will again, thats one of the benefits of living in a mild climate.
When and IF there's ever a true SHTF event we'll adjust accordingly. Until that day happens we will live as comfortably as possible. We have the skills to live without electric if necessary. But you do have a good point about living in a mild climate though. It would be much easier.

Latest posts

Back