Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived off grid for over a decade with no power of any kind, didnt miss it and loved every minute of it, post SHTF I will just revert to how I lived then, more natural, (I have planned for this), seems most of the (British at least) population will go down without their electricity, they go nuts every time there is a minor power cut and they cant charge their mobile phones or get on Farce Book.

I have about two weeks worth of hay left and four weeks worth of cows. Hay is getting real hard to find around here, and expensive. I may have to sell some of the calves without weaning them first. Now is a great time to buy cattle.
I’m really tempted to get a calf, just not quite enough grass area here. I looked a while back and they were up close to 600$ here, weaned. Where are they now?

I’m really tempted to get a calf, just not quite enough grass area here. I looked a while back and they were up close to 600$ here, weaned. Where are they now?
The last steers I sent to auction a few weeks ago i got $1.25 per pound. Last week I got 80 cents a pound for registered bred cows. Some calves were selling for $5 a head. $600 for a feeder calf is a little high for out here, maybe not in your area though.
I'm getting $2.50 a pound hanging weight for our butcher steers.
In a good year it takes 20 acres to feed 1 cow on range here. This year its more like 40 - 60 acres to feed one cow.

I lived off grid for over a decade with no power of any kind, didnt miss it and loved every minute of it, post SHTF I will just revert to how I lived then, more natural, (I have planned for this), seems most of the (British at least) population will go down without their electricity, they go nuts every time there is a minor power cut and they cant charge their mobile phones or get on Farce Book.
How are you posting on DDP if you don’t have power? Not trying to be a wise guy but just asking.

We can get all kinds of materials, just the wood and sheet metal are taking longer to deliver. We cannot get non-hybrid seeds here hardly. I am looking for them and even Amazon has the "not-available" sign posted on all heirloom and survival seed packages...

The last steers I sent to auction a few weeks ago i got $1.25 per pound. Last week I got 80 cents a pound for registered bred cows. Some calves were selling for $5 a head. $600 for a feeder calf is a little high for out here, maybe not in your area though.
I'm getting $2.50 a pound hanging weight for our butcher steers.
In a good year it takes 20 acres to feed 1 cow on range here. This year its more like 40 - 60 acres to feed one cow.
Yeah, that just dosent make it viable anymore. The calves here were several years ago when I inquired locally and I didn’t shop around. For some reason many here think they can overcharge people and actually expect them to be dumb enough to pay it. There are con artists everywhere but Georgia seems to have more than its share.

I don't pay much attention to the advisory's,,, I go out do what I have to and take breaks when needed,,, old fart here I can't push myself like I used to and best of all,,,, I have enough sense to know when to stop

Latest posts

Back