Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all make good points, but the group misunderstood me. The majority of the people hoarding bullets are not interested in bartering, evident by the fact they stock up on very little else of barter potential. Apologies for not being more specific. Just about everyone I know or heard of stocking up on ammo have put little to no effort in stocking up on anything else such as food, alcohol, salt, bleach, sugar, flour, medicines, useful books, items necessary for morale, personal hygene for their wives, fuels, etc. These people dont own a gieger counter, they dont have a good chemical mask, no idea how to purify water, never skinned a deer, hate the taste of goose, and their only political goal is to cry "I'm a 1%er and/or oathkeeper" hoping others will fight their battles for them. These people have never practiced with their weapons in a tactical manner (let alone tore them down for cleaning), never advanced on a target while shooting (like standing still will suffice lol), and get on sites like this to tell everyone in the world how bad ### they are and how many bullets they have for people to come relieve them of. And when a group of 6 trained men advance on their location to put their foolishness in check, they think a handgun will get the job done. A 9mm is just a means to get to a real gun. I am not attacking anyone here and agree with the barter potential of ANY ammo, I am simply stating what I observe in my area ~ which is so far in the sticks i would have expected better.

I know of a couple of groups here that call themselves preppers but the all they are prepping for is war not survival thus food and water is limited so you have a point. Most peppers I know put priority on food and water but they also purchase ammo strictly for bartering even if they don't need ammo, I even have extra ammo (if there are such a thing) for barter, I generally buy two of everything I purchase regarding prepping, one for the store and one for barter.

A lot of new preppers are fear buying, they are buying firearms and ammo first for the first time when they should start securing food and water first, it's sad when fear gets in the way of priorities.

I recently divorced google and signed up for a Protonmail email account (a Switzerland based company). It supports end 2 end encryption and sends the other person (if not a user) a link that redirects them to the protonmail server and gives that person the option to reply with the same level of encryption. They offer a free VPN too! Sure beats a Gmail with a 5 dollar mozilla VPN!

Not trying to promote (feel bad for doing so), but for the privacy concerned, this kicks butt in my opinion. Obviously, any sensitive data I would recommend a one time pad, but at least my internet habbits are no longer being sold to marketing companies and my emails are not being directly offered to the NSA for scrutiny!

I recently divorced google and signed up for a Protonmail email account (a Switzerland based company). It supports end 2 end encryption and sends the other person (if not a user) a link that redirects them to the protonmail server and gives that person the option to reply with the same level of encryption. They offer a free VPN too! Sure beats a Gmail with a 5 dollar mozilla VPN!

I also use Protonmail. I use Opera browser and it's free VPN. Works for me.

@robinjopo You are not crazy at all. Had you not said anything I would have never known. ;) Our voting started today and I know Georgia's started yesterday, only because I heard about the long lines on the radio. I really need to stop of at the fabric store while I am out tomorrw. I have one last project I am doing for a Halloween costume, then on to Christmas orders.

Latest posts

Back