Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry I miss read. Yes the Nubians are taller and not as heavy. I have a Nubian/Spanish cross that is my biggest Billy at @250 and out weighs my Boer Billy, not by much though.
I have decided to go with mostly Nubians,I like their temperament,you can take them that have been barely handled and in a few short week they are like puppies,,,they will follow you anywhere,,,the Boers are not so easy to tame

I took the time to go thru my dry goods and canned goods today,,,,and in the last 6 months I have gone thru about 1/3 of what I have on hand,,,judging by that I have another years worth of dry goods on hand and I have barely put a dent in my freezer,,and I have around 200lbs of pork coming this week,,,,not to shabby ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will replenish my stocks and increase the on hand dry goods and canned food,,,, getting to the point of 2 years on hand is not that far out of sight

I have decided to go with mostly Nubians,I like their temperament,you can take them that have been barely handled and in a few short week they are like puppies,,,they will follow you anywhere,,,the Boers are not so easy to tame
I have had great success with both breeds. With Boers you just have to be patient. Once you get the parents loyal, the babes will follow quite easily.

I will also mention that I try to be out there at every birth, but some have been a surprise for me. You want the kids to get your scent while they are first born. Also, if momma trust you, you can pick them up to handle as much as possible. This makes the kids trust you too. But you do have to be careful here. If momma doesn't trust you she will head butt and there is a possibility that she rejects her kids.

it's a good thing I don't live near this,,,,I would be a person of interest,,,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...t-on-fire-the-next-day/ar-BB19We3V?li=BBnbfcL
1602504452773.png

1602504427959.png

You all make good points, but the group misunderstood me. The majority of the people hoarding bullets are not interested in bartering, evident by the fact they stock up on very little else of barter potential. Apologies for not being more specific. Just about everyone I know or heard of stocking up on ammo have put little to no effort in stocking up on anything else such as food, alcohol, salt, bleach, sugar, flour, medicines, useful books, items necessary for morale, personal hygene for their wives, fuels, etc. These people dont own a gieger counter, they dont have a good chemical mask, no idea how to purify water, never skinned a deer, hate the taste of goose, and their only political goal is to cry "I'm a 1%er and/or oathkeeper" hoping others will fight their battles for them. These people have never practiced with their weapons in a tactical manner (let alone tore them down for cleaning), never advanced on a target while shooting (like standing still will suffice lol), and get on sites like this to tell everyone in the world how bad ### they are and how many bullets they have for people to come relieve them of. And when a group of 6 trained men advance on their location to put their foolishness in check, they think a handgun will get the job done. A 9mm is just a means to get to a real gun. I am not attacking anyone here and agree with the barter potential of ANY ammo, I am simply stating what I observe in my area ~ which is so far in the sticks i would have expected better.

You all make good points, but the group misunderstood me. The majority of the people hoarding bullets are not interested in bartering, evident by the fact they stock up on very little else of barter potential. Apologies for not being more specific. Just about everyone I know or heard of stocking up on ammo have put little to no effort in stocking up on anything else such as food, alcohol, salt, bleach, sugar, flour, medicines, useful books, items necessary for morale, personal hygene for their wives, fuels, etc. These people dont own a gieger counter, they dont have a good chemical mask, no idea how to purify water, never skinned a deer, hate the taste of goose, and their only political goal is to cry "I'm a 1%er and/or oathkeeper" hoping others will fight their battles for them. These people have never practiced with their weapons in a tactical manner (let alone tore them down for cleaning), never advanced on a target while shooting (like standing still will suffice lol), and get on sites like this to tell everyone in the world how bad ### they are and how many bullets they have for people to come relieve them of. And when a group of 6 trained men advance on their location to put their foolishness in check, they think a handgun will get the job done. A 9mm is just a means to get to a real gun. I am not attacking anyone here and agree with the barter potential of ANY ammo, I am simply stating what I observe in my area ~ which is so far in the sticks i would have expected better.
I don't know of a single person like that.

Latest posts

Back