Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Georgia, it was taken in the evening after a rain and the sun was still shining thru the clouds in the most unusual way. The stars were trying to come out and the sun just shined thru the clouds like that...the geese were the actual target of the picture but the rays of sun, the clouds, the colors and all just happened...

Yes Georgia, it was taken in the evening after a rain and the sun was still shining thru the clouds in the most unusual way. The stars were trying to come out and the sun just shined thru the clouds like that...the geese were the actual target of the picture but the rays of sun, the clouds, the colors and all just happened...
Frame it! 😊

I took some pullet eggs down to my elderly neighbor lady yesterday. There must be a shortage of insulin because she said she can't get her insulin at the small local pharmacy that they are on a 30 day waiting list. Wow. She went to a different pharmacy and they had 1 available but wouldn't take her insurance and the price was over $1000.00. Not being diabetic I was not aware that there was a problem with getting insulin.

Trump put a cap on the price. Biden lifted then put another on and took credit.

Seems that the price shouldn't be $1000
Yeah that seemed high to me but I will plead ignorance.
I gave her adult daughter that I had as an emergency contact a call and gave her a heads up that her Mom probably needed some help and that it probably wasn't good she couldn't get her meds.

A couple years ago my doctor prescribed a medication for me. When I went to the pharmacy to pick it up they wanted over $1600 per month for it. I declined. I'm not about to pay that much for any kind of medication, nor will I leave my family in debt. I'm still alive so I guess I really didn't need it.

There must be a shortage of insulin because she said she can't get her insulin at the small local pharmacy that they are on a 30 day waiting list. Wow. She went to a different pharmacy and they had 1 available but wouldn't take her insurance and the price was over $1000.00. Not being diabetic I was not aware that there was a problem with getting insulin.
Shades of One Second After.
When the grid went down, insulin was the biggest problem for the protagonist, John Matherson, because his daughter was an insulin dependent diabetic. There was nothing he could do but watch her die in his arms.

A couple years ago my doctor prescribed a medication for me. When I went to the pharmacy to pick it up they wanted over $1600 per month for it. I declined. I'm not about to pay that much for any kind of medication, nor will I leave my family in debt. I'm still alive so I guess I really didn't need it.
My meds would be over $20k a month if I didn't have good insurance.

I quit taking most of them, though. I decided I'll take my chances with God and natural remedies over stuff that has side effects like heart damage, kidney failure, leukemia, and loss of vision. My tumor markers were going up while on them anyway, so what's the point?

The more I learn about the terrible efficacy rates of many meds, the more I'm convinced there aren't many worth the risks.

My meds would be over $20k a month if I didn't have good insurance.

I quit taking most of them, though. I decided I'll take my chances with God and natural remedies over stuff that has side effects like heart damage, kidney failure, leukemia, and loss of vision. My tumor markers were going up while on them anyway, so what's the point?

The more I learn about the terrible efficacy rates of many meds, the more I'm convinced there aren't many worth the risks.
Same here. Now that I'm on SS and Medicare that $1600/month medication is now $35 per month. Still won't take it. I think there's better natural herbs and remedies available than the poisons that doctors are always pushing. I'll take my chances on natural remedies.

There must be a shortage of insulin because she said she can't get her insulin at the small local pharmacy that they are on a 30 day waiting list.

It seems we are experiencing numerous medical shortages and such. Baby formula has been an ongoing problem, Amoxicillin for children is very hard to get hold of and just this morning I was in a gurney totally prepped for surgery, but they had to postpone It due to lack of a piece of necessary equipment that didn’t arrive! They said they had been promised delivery now for over 2 weeks!

DD, perhaps let her know about Goodrx. That is a great resource for those times your insurance doesn’t cover a medication.

Last edited:
It seems we are experiencing numerous medical shortages and such. Baby formula has been an ongoing problem, Amoxicillin for children is very hard to get hold of and just this morning I was in a gurney totally prepped for surgery, but they had to postpone It due to lack of a piece of necessary equipment that didn’t arrive! They said they had been promised delivery now for over 2 weeks!

DD, perhaps let her know about Goodrx. That is a great resource for those times your insurance doesn’t cover a medication.
I wondered when your surgery was going to be. That's a disappointment to have it postponed that far into it.

I am a diabetic and take insulin. I am not insulin dependent. At one point, my doctor prescribe a medication for my diabetes that my copay was almost $500 per month. I told the doctor to find another treatment. Not going to pay that reticules price. The doctor did find another treatment plan. My current copay --- ZERO. My last A1C - 7.5. Reasonable diet and minimal cheating, works for me.

And therein lies the rub.
If it weren't for insurance, those meds would not cost $20k a month!
Quite true!
I can't remember if it was own research or something someone posted here, but I was surprisingly surprised when I learned that the US is only 1 of two countries that allow pharmaceutical companies to advertise directly to the consumers.

I have a lot of cancer medicine I can't use but it kept getting sent... I can't decide if it is more unethical to throw it away when people 'need' it or pass it on considering my distrust of the company who makes it now.

Latest posts

Back