Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up this morning to below zero temps. We had a couple days of strong winds and our road was drifted over pretty bad. Went to start the side by side to clear the drifts. It wouldn't start. The tractor wouldn't start either, even though it was plugged in. I heated the side by side and got it running. Hooked up the snow blower and started clearing drifts. Made one pass and the engine on the blower just stopped running. Took it up to the shop and parked it, then heated the tractor and got it started. Finished plowing the road around 4 pm. High temp today was 9 degs. When the sun went down the temperature started dropping like a rock. It was still a beautiful sunny day with no wind.

Shades of One Second After.
When the grid went down, insulin was the biggest problem for the protagonist, John Matherson, because his daughter was an insulin dependent diabetic. There was nothing he could do but watch her die in his arms.
Now that you mention that I do remember reading that book now. Scary thought watching your kid die slowly and unable to help.

It seems we are experiencing numerous medical shortages and such. Baby formula has been an ongoing problem, Amoxicillin for children is very hard to get hold of and just this morning I was in a gurney totally prepped for surgery, but they had to postpone It due to lack of a piece of necessary equipment that didn’t arrive! They said they had been promised delivery now for over 2 weeks!

DD, perhaps let her know about Goodrx. That is a great resource for those times your insurance doesn’t cover a medication.
Thanks and I will.

I wondered when your surgery was going to be. That's a disappointment to have it postponed that far into it.
Thank you! It was kind of unreal, you know? They had even put drugs in my IV. The doctor was trying not to act upset, but he was. Had to cancel all his patients for the day. He had 3 others there that I knew of. Hope I get the same nurse and anesthesiologist next time as I really liked them!

Ugh. I'm still driving back from my doctor's appointment. It's not icy here anymore but it's cold. I stopped to get gas and had to pretty my gas tank door open because it froze shut and my wiper fluid is frozen.
You don't have anti-freeze in your wiper fluid? Even my wiper fluid is good to -30.

Thank you! It was kind of unreal, you know? They had even put drugs in my IV. The doctor was trying not to act upset, but he was. Had to cancel all his patients for the day. He had 3 others there that I knew of. Hope I get the same nurse and anesthesiologist next time as I really liked them!
Wow. Someone dropped the ball! I wonder if you could request the same team?
You don't have anti-freeze in your wiper fluid? Even my wiper fluid is good to -30.
It would seem not. My husband took it in for an oil change last week. They topped off the low wiper fluid, so I have no idea what they put in it.

I have my merits but vehicle maintenance is not one of them. Not a very prepper thing to admit, but I have never changed oil completely on my own. If there comes a time when my husband is unable and I can't get it done, I'll have to make a grave decision about whether I want to buy a horse instead.

I'm joking. I think.

They keep changing the timeline for the freezing rain. Mom has a doctor's appt tomorrow so i am wishy washy on whether to cancel or wait. They dont treat our road and any ice makes it too dangerous.
That's why they make tire chains Robin. I'm sure you have a pair in your trunk.

Well, I'm dying of heat exhaustion here...it's 84 on thermostat upstairs...I put on a pair of running shorts n tank top, got ceiling fan on and thinking the central air for upstairs needs freeon or something! I changed the filter, unit is on and no cool air coming out through the vents..

If/when SHTF, I'm sure I'll wail like a wuss! Heat smothers me down! I may not sleep a wink tonight! 🤦‍♀️

Well, I'm dying of heat exhaustion here...it's 84 on thermostat upstairs...I put on a pair of running shorts n tank top, got ceiling fan on and thinking the central air for upstairs needs freeon or something! I changed the filter, unit is on and no cool air coming out through the vents..

If/when SHTF, I'm sure I'll wail like a wuss! Heat smothers me down! I may not sleep a wink tonight! 🤦‍♀️
Cindyd check and make sure you have no tripped circuit breakers in your electric panels, your outdoor unit could have a breaker tripped and not running.

It maybe a female thing. . . Hunny has the stove in the bedroom going for the last few days. The heat wakes me up at night making me strip down. No comments about this here guys, just speaking the truth. It is HOT! It is just miserably for me since I am the one who actually goes to work most everyday. On top pf that, I am still dealing with my carpal tunnel issues. It has gotten better, but it depends what I do at work that determines on how my night goes.

I wake up multiple times at night. . .

Latest posts

Back