Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It maybe a female thing. . . Hunny has the stove in the bedroom going for the last few days. The heat wakes me up at night making me strip down. No comments about this here guys, just speaking the truth. It is HOT! It is just miserably for me since I am the one who actually goes to work most everyday. On top pf that, I am still dealing with my carpal tunnel issues. It has gotten better, but it depends what I do at work that determines on how my night goes.

I wake up multiple times at night. . .
DG, get a small electric fan that you can point at yourself during bed time. That might help.

My wife wanted to learn how to change her oil in the gas job. Showed her the first time, she did it on her own the second time.

Tire chains are a west coast thing. Nobody back east has them.
Not only.
I bought tire chains for all my cars always too. OK, i never was need them. But i believe in Murphy Law and believe i'll stuck in the snow if i don't drive them around in the snow.

It maybe a female thing. . . Hunny has the stove in the bedroom going for the last few days. The heat wakes me up at night making me strip down. No comments about this here guys, just speaking the truth. It is HOT! It is just miserably for me since I am the one who actually goes to work most everyday. On top pf that, I am still dealing with my carpal tunnel issues. It has gotten better, but it depends what I do at work that determines on how my night goes.

Buy a mattress pad heater with 2 controls and make him use it!! He can stay warm without making you miserable.

I have NEVER had heating in a bedroom anywhere I have lived my entire life and that includes a couple of caravans/trailers.

1675250673135.jpeg

A Belgian beauty!!

We have some freezing rain, no school etc. Expecting more tonight. As long as electricty stays on, mom will stay warm.
No freezing rain up here above you yet. We did wake up to a light ice coating and sleet on the ground. There is a heavy mist settled over the entire mountain for 2 days now and you can't see a foot in front of you.

it is raining ice here,,, and it is coming down pretty hard
Same here as I am also in Arkansas . We have been iced in for several days now and expect to be entombed for several more days before we can potentially leave our survival retreat . At least this round of weather we have not lost electricity yet as we did a few days ago . We ran on solar and a gas generator for about 2 days during the power outage . We have been tending to our survival critters wearing ice cleats . I hear we may get more ice tonight .

I am watching the snow storms across TX, LA and AK...all you stay safe!!
I have snow tires and snow chains for all 4 wheels. And one of the few who has no fear of snow and ice. I have driven from Norway/Sweden where the snow on the streets is not plowed and you only run on chains or spikes in your tires. Slip and slide but stay on the roads. Be safe. Gary

1675276960656.png

The above makes me think of my grandmother. She raised 12 kids on her own during the Great Depression as her husband had just passed away from leukemia. There wasn’t anything that woman couldn’t grow, raise or heal with natural herbs and such. I was an idiot for not learning much more from her. She was always positive and filled with happiness. She sang Christian song while doing her chores.

View attachment 18807

The above makes me think of my grandmother. She raised 12 kids on her own during the Great Depression as her husband had just passed away from leukemia. There wasn’t anything that woman couldn’t grow, raise or heal with natural herbs and such. I was an idiot for not learning much more from her. She was always positive and filled with happiness. She sang Christian song while doing her chores.
I regret this so much with mine, too. One side is native American, so I can't imagine the knowledge lost there.

I have snow tires and snow chains for all 4 wheels. And one of the few who has no fear of snow and ice. I have driven from Norway/Sweden where the snow on the streets is not plowed and you only run on chains or spikes in your tires. Slip and slide but stay on the roads. Be safe. Gary
We put studded tires on our vehicles for winter, plus carry chains, my tractor gets chained up in October and I put tracks on the side by side for winter. We're well prepared for any kind of road condition. Last winter we picked up the grandkids up for Christmas, 400 miles on snow and ice covered roads. When we were 150 miles from home we got in to a bad blizzard. The snow plows couldn't keep up so they parked the plows across the road and closed the highway. I drove around the barricade and kept going. We got home safely after midnight. Except for being snowed in here at home, I've never been stopped from going anywhere that I needed to go due to weather. One time in Indiana some county guys tried telling me the road was closed. I just laughed and kept going. Of course all of our vehicles are 4 wheel drive too, which makes a big difference with the right tires.

Went to take the garbage out and the can was iced shut...lol. Lost internet connection this morning but, not power (running through my phone now) yet. They extended the winter storm warning and say to expect somewhere between 1/4 to another 3/4 inches of ice. Our biggest problem at the moment is large oak branches on 200 year oaks coming down on the fences or animals. These trees are adapted to hot summers so, are short and have huge outspreading canopies to keep their roots cool but, they cannot handle ice well.

1675280882145.png

1675281027853.png

Latest posts

Back