Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bright side mistake like that will keep you aware for ever in the future, transistor or a protection diode is probably the culprit, good luck on the repair
Thanks!

What I originally thought was a transistor turned out to be an ESD protection diode. That still shows good. The next thing besides some passive components is the tuner IC, the discontinued one. I'm assuming the front end amp is built into that chip, and judging from the fact the SDR still receives my HT, I can assume it is only that little part of it that went. Being I cannot find a replacement, there is no risk in experimentation.

My new plan for this one is to hope that inside the tuner ic chip there was an emitter resistor on the front end buffer and that the pin is not a dead short to ground. If that turns out to be the case, I think I will try to drive that pin harder with a jfet crammed in there between the RF port and tuner ic. I have a few SMD BF998 JFETs, so just maybe...

Had to make a quality of life decision on the 14yr 11 month old tonite.
She will have the best day she can tomorrow, but it’s time. Really was hoping she could make 15.
When she slips, spills her food and lays on the ground to eat it, cant get up, it’s time.
Not an easy decision, but the best an owner can do for a pet. My DVMDACVIM wife has really wanted the 15 mark but she agrees after today.

She will have the best day she can tomorrow, but it’s time. Really was hoping she could make 15.
When she slips, spills her food and lays on the ground to eat it, cant get up, it’s time.
Not an easy decision, but the best an owner can do for a pet. My DVMDACVIM wife has really wanted the 15 mark but she agrees after today.
May she run forever in green pastures.
I had a 14yo lab mix that was not doing well and would just lay down all day and night, was losing weight. I started feeding him Dino Vite powder supplement to his food, he just made it past 16 and is playing with the younger dog's.

Never easy to lose a beloved pet. I just lost my two oldest three days apart in August. Still not over it. You and your fur baby are in my thoughts.

Looks like we have the possibility of snow for the next couple of days. We're going to take both Jeeps down today to put the studded tires on. On Saturday we're going up north to pick up the grandkids and bring them home for Thanksgiving. Our son is coming down for Thanksgiving too. I'll have help putting the tracks on the side by side, chains on the tractor, plus the front and rear snow plows. I've got some work to do on the big snow blower before it'll be ready.
Need to change oil in my truck, tractor, both snow blowers, my welder, the well pump generator and the Perkins generator. Cover the boat and put the brush cutter and rototiller in the barn.
Still have about 1 cord of wood to split.
Then we should be ready for winter. Oh yeah, I need to get diesel and non-ethanol premium delivered too, about 500 gallons. We may get our propane tanks topped off too.

Sorry to hear that EW. We had to make that decision too recently. Our Gus almost made it to 13. It was the hardest decision that I've ever made, and the hardest thing that I've ever watched. We brought him home when he was 10 weeks old and he was at my side every day since.
It's been 6 weeks now and it still tears up up whenever we see reminders of him around here. I miss my best friend every day.

Sorry to hear that EW. We had to make that decision too recently. Our Gus almost made it to 13. It was the hardest decision that I've ever made, and the hardest thing that I've ever watched. We brought him home when he was 10 weeks old and he was at my side every day since.
It's been 6 weeks now and it still tears up up whenever we see reminders of him around here. I miss my best friend every day.
Thanks AD! It made easier when one of the techs who knew her best, said ”she’ s not right, you are doing the right thing”. A last meal of Cheez Whiz and chocolate bar, she was happy.
I have 3 others to keep me company. The Youngest wouldn’t leave my side last night.

Thanks AD! It made easier when one of the techs who knew her best, said ”she’ s not right, you are doing the right thing”. A last meal of Cheez Whiz and chocolate bar, she was happy.
I have 3 others to keep me company. The Youngest wouldn’t leave my side last night.
Sometimes its so hard to do the "best" thing. Just as Gus was going under he looked at me and licked my hand. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cry every time I think of Gus.

It's called "Free Market Supply and Demand"

I think Robin is making fun of biden for demanding an investigation into gas prices. Yeah, after he SHUT DOWN much of our oil production and how many pipelines now? Freaking pedophile thinks we are all stupid! Some of his voters certainly are.

Last edited:
The red wave has started in Columbia SC for the first time in 30 year the new mayor will not be a democrat.
the voters are showing the Democratic Party that they need to go with their refusal to listen to the people who they work for.
way to go Republicans, now let’s keep it going.

surprised - because VA election analyzing shows the blacks still voting DNC - VA went GOP because of the Hispanic vote - BIG issue with them is the ongoing screwing around with the kids & school ....

uneducated voters are still a problem obviously - there's no other minority catching it worse than the blacks ....

Latest posts

Back