Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MNwr786 Sunday I got a delivery and they overstuffed my mailbox so much that it broke it and it's being held together with duct tape and wire. It took anout 5 minutes to take it out. All because someone was too lazy to drive a few hundred feet down our driveway.
Thats crazy... but at least they get it to you :) My typical driver likes to stop a mile away and make me meet him (a pain if I am not home) because he "doesn't want to beat up his new truck" on our no-maintenance road. A road which is decently maintained by everyone with property back here and our buick lasabre that sits maybe 4 inches off the ground has no issue getting back here. This will be the last time I use FedEx.

Anyone having issues with FedEx?

Not at all. We (private group) import a few times (car-) parts from US to Switzerland, preffering with FedEx. Lil bit more expensive than with official post services, but always an good service, friendly drivers and 99% of the time the parcels reach us in very good condition. If i'm not around because they come to early (happens sometimes) they know they can take the signature by my neighbour. Works always better than our Swiss Postal Services.

FedEx drivers are great around these mountains. When the post office couldn’t find our house, FedEx did with no problem. The guys always call or text me if I’m not home and ask me where to put the delivery. Sorry you are have a rotten delivery guy MNwr786.

That is awful Robin! Again I am lucky. We have a wonderful mail lady! She comes down our long driveway and talks with me more days than not. Here in Georgia they have to deliver all of Bezos crap and that is making it very hard on them! I got packages yesterday morning early. She said she had to do an entire truck full of packages before she even started her regular mail delivery. :eek: Beyond that, they DO NOT GET PAID the extra hours, just miles on their vehicle. We do make sure and Thank her properly with compensation at the holidays. 🎄

Neighbor brought me amazingly light and fluffy biscuits. Two ingredients, self rising flour and heavy cream. Great.

Love a good biscuit! Yesterday I made some rolls. A type I’ve never tried before and they are really really good! They are called Milk Bread Rolls.
1636818154064.jpeg

“Also referred to as Hokkaido milk bread, these rolls are incredibly soft and airy thanks to a simple technique involving a roux "starter," known as tangzhong. The roux is mixed into the final dough, producing wonderfully tender bread each and every time.”

FedEx drivers are great around these mountains. When the post office couldn’t find our house, FedEx did with no problem. The guys always call or text me if I’m not home and ask me where to put the delivery. Sorry you are have a rotten delivery guy MNwr786.

That is awful Robin! Again I am lucky. We have a wonderful mail lady! She comes down our long driveway and talks with me more days than not. Here in Georgia they have to deliver all of Bezos crap and that is making it very hard on them! I got packages yesterday morning early. She said she had to do an entire truck full of packages before she even started her regular mail delivery. :eek: Beyond that, they DO NOT GET PAID the extra hours, just miles on their vehicle. We do make sure and Thank her properly with compensation at the holidays. 🎄
We have drivers for each service.

Not at all. We (private group) import a few times (car-) parts from US to Switzerland, preffering with FedEx. Lil bit more expensive than with official post services, but always an good service, friendly drivers and 99% of the time the parcels reach us in very good condition. If i'm not around because they come to early (happens sometimes) they know they can take the signature by my neighbour. Works always better than our Swiss Postal Services.
Yep, they do like overseas customers more. Whenever their airports get heavy snow, the only flights that take off are international.

Looking for people who are in a self preparedness group around the Dothan Alabama area or Marianna Florida. Need to have a group of like minded people to connect with.

I think MN bought some F15SE's :) Being right on the edge of a state forest, a few days a week they spend the better part of the day chasing each other over the cabin and around the area. I dont go watch as often as I used to (novelty wore off I guess), but the last few times I looked up, it appears that the usual F16's grew a second fart port and tail fin.

Went to check on my father in law this week. He's been having heart troubles and is in his 80's. Been going on for several years. His doc is an absolute moron, and we've been having issues as he lives in a small town.
Got back in time to see our daughters 2nd playoff match for a bid to state and they won! So now I'm at work early, had to switch some days around so I can watch my daughter play at state. So glad to have good co-workers that will cover (this was not the case where I used to work!)

Once, just once, I forget to unhook the SDR before heating up the linear and now my SDR is dead lol. Stupid mistake. It still picks up my HT so I think it is just the front end. Hopefully one transistor...

Edit: Nope, the problem is a discontinued R820T2 chip. I cant even find the R860 for sale which is supposed to be a replacement. Stupid mistake = $45.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back