Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how's it with you guys and gals, here it's dry as heck and the amount of pollen is staggering, every little shrub has a yellowish color , dirt roads,bare soil is yellow, you touch anything it's on you, even the dog gets sneeze attacks when I take her out, my black boots must be dusted before we come in,
I'm not allergic,but this shit gets me, haven't experienced this bad pollen season yet...

Someone has opened an airbnb on our dead end road. No zoning change or anything. There are 5 houses on the hill and they just found out. They are advertising and everything. Neighbors are furious. Surely its illegal.
My neighbor rents his place out now too. Noisy parties there most weekends. I’m in the country with very liberal zoning rules. Almost wish there were some though. Luckily I have very bad hearing loss so it dosent bother me much. My wife can sure hear them though.

how's it with you guys and gals, here it's dry as heck and the amount of pollen is staggering, every little shrub has a yellowish color , dirt roads,bare soil is yellow, you touch anything it's on you, even the dog gets sneeze attacks when I take her out, my black boots must be dusted before we come in,
I'm not allergic,but this shit gets me, haven't experienced this bad pollen season yet...

My house is right in the middle of a hardwood grove. 8 Huge oaks and 5 hickory trees. I suffer from allergy symptoms once a year when they all put on blooms. As a general rule I do not have allergies/hay fever but because there is so much I have a reaction until it either settles or we get enough rains to wash all the pollen away. Everything turns yellow with it. That time of year I take seasonal allergy medication and elderberry tea with honey when the season first starts helps too. It boosts the immune system. My pollen season is just about over here.

Yesterday I received a text from my mom to let me know my Grandmother in Colorado had passed about 20 minutes earlier. The family knew it was coming, she was close to 100. Hunny and I decided we could fly in and out the same day to attend her funeral. Right now it is only a guess it will be next Saturday since she has family coming in from all around the world. I started looking into airline tickets which would be close to $1000 round trip for both of us booking at the last minute. May find out tomorrow.

We wanted to make some preparations so was about to head to the city for Lowes, when about to drive out the gate, noticed a cow out. . . spent about 20 minutes trying to heard her back into the yard and back into her front pasture. Then another 3 hours fixing the fence and walking around the rest just to make sure since we have been having a lot of rain lately and the cows can just basically tip over the t-post if wanting to. Our only saving grace is the fence nailed to railroad ties concerted into the ground and trees periodically.

Needless to say, I just don't feel comfortable leaving now. My son and his wife are driving my mom up in her handicapped van so she can use her electric wheelchair and her husband will stay here due to his health issues. His lungs can not take the thin air of that elevation, but his kids will take care of him.

Yesterday I received a text from my mom to let me know my Grandmother in Colorado had passed about 20 minutes earlier. The family knew it was coming, she was close to 100. Hunny and I decided we could fly in and out the same day to attend her funeral. Right now it is only a guess it will be next Saturday since she has family coming in from all around the world. I started looking into airline tickets which would be close to $1000 round trip for both of us booking at the last minute. May find out tomorrow.

We wanted to make some preparations so was about to head to the city for Lowes, when about to drive out the gate, noticed a cow out. . . spent about 20 minutes trying to heard her back into the yard and back into her front pasture. Then another 3 hours fixing the fence and walking around the rest just to make sure since we have been having a lot of rain lately and the cows can just basically tip over the t-post if wanting to. Our only saving grace is the fence nailed to railroad ties concerted into the ground and trees periodically.

Needless to say, I just don't feel comfortable leaving now. My son and his wife are driving my mom up in her handicapped van so she can use her electric wheelchair and her husband will stay here due to his health issues. His lungs can not take the thin air of that elevation, but his kids will take care of him.

So sorry for your loss.

While I was taking my shower, Hunny noticed someone shining a light into our pastures. Hunny found n SO officer out there. Hunny thinks azzhole of neighbor finally got drunk enough to call us in for trespassing on his property. . . SO talked neighbor out of pressing charges. What else were we supposed to have done but go after our cow that got out?? My butt may just be in jail one day. . .

While I was taking my shower, Hunny noticed someone shining a light into our pastures. Hunny found n SO officer out there. Hunny thinks azzhole of neighbor finally got drunk enough to call us in for trespassing on his property. . . SO talked neighbor out of pressing charges. What else were we supposed to have done but go after our cow that got out?? My butt may just be in jail one day. . .
Next time call the SO about your neighbor’s cattle rustling and demand he return you cow.
Then buy you canon and shoot if off at random times during the night just cause. Most of us live too close to neighbors.

there's alot of BS about the charge of trespassing - going after personal property like an animal can't really be charged as trespassing - if the landowner has previously stipulated that you notify him and you don't >> getting closer ...

Brent she has put in 3 camping spots and a trailer. No water or waste disposal available. Surely they needed rezoning for this.

Sorry about your situation.
Sorry for yours as well. We don’t have much in the way of zoning here like I said, and I’m mostly for a live and let live philosophy on what you can do on your own property. I might suggest you talking to the property owner and asking if they would consider posting quiet time signs after say 11pm. Usually a little non confrontational compromise can help some.

My house is right in the middle of a hardwood grove. 8 Huge oaks and 5 hickory trees. I suffer from allergy symptoms once a year when they all put on blooms. As a general rule I do not have allergies/hay fever but because there is so much I have a reaction until it either settles or we get enough rains to wash all the pollen away. Everything turns yellow with it. That time of year I take seasonal allergy medication and elderberry tea with honey when the season first starts helps too. It boosts the immune system. My pollen season is just about over here.
My eyes were so red and itchy all day yesterday that I’m sure if I got pulled over I would have been arrested for being intoxicated! Sorry you suffer too. I’ve been an allergy bug most of my life with sneezing and a clogged nose but the eyes are just recently adding to the fun. Benadryl helps but I only take it at night since I get sleepy on it.

Sorry for your families loss as well. I’ve always said though if someone is 80 or older then they certainly got their monies worth out of life. Nearing 100 is amazingly lucky. At least you know there are good genes in your family!

Yesterday I received a text from my mom to let me know my Grandmother in Colorado had passed about 20 minutes earlier.
Sorry for your loss Danil, I was only able to attend a single funeral in 42 years of living in Germay. Could never make it back in time to the US...glad to hear you can make it there. God bless. Gary

Latest posts

Back