Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a little break in the snow today. The sun came out and melted it all off. Then a thunderstorm blew in and hailed for awhile. Getting a little light rain now.
Took a break and went shooting squirrels. Theres still a bunch left but now I'm having to make longer shots, makes for good practice I guess. Got home and shot a chipmunk off the wood pile. The little buggers are mostly gone from around the house, between trapping, poison and shooting I dont see many chipmunks near the house anymore.

I was approached today by my boss lady to offer me a full time position. These are not given out lightly in my company. When hunny had his cancer scare, she said she would give me full time at any time, but I never wanted or needed. Today she told me she had a conference call with the company heads yesterday and apparently since our sells have gone way up, they want her to create a lead for what I do. She tells me that I would still have full range in 'my department', come in when I want setting my own hours, but I would have to do 36 to 40 hours a week. That is alnost double than what I do now. I already know that I would have to give up my garden, which is a BIG part of my life. That is what we live off of to a degree. We dont normally buy produce from the grocery store only om occasion. Then I have Claire to consider. I have been training her for months now in hopes to AI her to start getting milk in a year. Bosses pros are I can have 7 holidays a year and 2 weeks vacation just starting out along with the health insurance cost would only be around $50 a week for Bluecross Blue Shield. IF I did go full time I would want to pay off our debt of the house and the rent property. But I would have to give up my food secrurity to a point. . . I just do not know right now. I go into work every other day right now because others in the department don't give a crap (I have my own area in the department) which is why I would never feel comfortable taking a "vacation". I still have 53 hours in the bank from years earlier. I know it is a great opportunity for me, but I feel like it is either a career verses what I normally do everyday and love.
I have until August to actually decide. I have talked it over with hunny already. Even though I have an option of getting on the health insurance there at a much cheaper price, we are still going to keep me on his more expensive insurance, until I turn 65. My main concern right now is taking care of him. . . He is a few years older at 21 1/2 yrs and I would just really like to pay off our debts right now while he is still able to take care of himself.

Forgive me, I gotta rant. The GF is watching some reality TV show where you can win or lose in this reality tv show. The first question was who's on the $1 bill. Wrong anser. Next question, who is on the $5 bill, wrong answer. Next question, what happened on this episode of some dumb show, they got it right. These are the people who want to lead and control our country, young 性交s who know more about TV drama than US history. I'm furious that this is portrayed as normal.

Everything mutates, everything has a variant. It doesn't mean it's worse than the original strain

1621820621741.png
🤣 🤣

reality shows,,, I think they are all BS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I never watch any of them
You will never get any profound revelations from watching a so called reality show. Some times it is amusing to watch foolish people do foolish things and then brag about it.

What about people who love bacon AND explosives??? I suppose the curing nitrites in the bacon will lower my blood pressure, thus calming my nerves and... Ok, you're right, lol.
I got a couple kids that love both, but they are smart enough to not blow themselves up. 🤣

I got a couple kids that love both, but they are smart enough to not blow themselves up. 🤣
As long as they know how toxic most of them are. Mercury salts are scary lethal, azides about equivalent to cyanide, lead salts are a bit unfriendly, picrates are toxic too. Then you have nitroglycerin and EGDN oils that can drop blood pressure just from the smell, nitrogen halides like to detonate in sunlight and on contact with organics (like nitrile gloves), peroxides corrode metals and become even more unstable than they are fresh (and dont last long), and the acids used in the manufacture of any of it can burn skin and evolve toxic nitrogen oxide gases.

I've had so many scary lessons! I had a runaway once nitrating ethylene glycol, and once i had a beaker of ice cold peroxide and acetone in the fridge chugging along and opened the fridge 2 hours later to find it boiling.

I hope they understand the importance of using primaries in small quantities only and capping in at the last moment. I hope they stick to stuff like double salts, PETN and ANFO or others more friendly to the so called chemists that follow other peoples recipes over science. And please, tell them that the all too common "encyclopedia of explosives" was written by a chemist who never once did any of those reactions and published some scary stuff! And if you ever see them using a sparkler as a fuse, shut that shit down immediately!

Latest posts

Back