Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as they know how toxic most of them are. Mercury salts are scary lethal, azides about equivalent to cyanide, lead salts are a bit unfriendly, picrates are toxic too. Then you have nitroglycerin and EGDN oils that can drop blood pressure just from the smell, nitrogen halides like to detonate in sunlight and on contact with organics (like nitrile gloves), peroxides corrode metals and become even more unstable than they are fresh (and dont last long), and the acids used in the manufacture of any of it can burn skin and evolve toxic nitrogen oxide gases.

I've had so many scary lessons! I had a runaway once nitrating ethylene glycol, and once i had a beaker of ice cold peroxide and acetone in the fridge chugging along and opened the fridge 2 hours later to find it boiling.

I hope they understand the importance of using primaries in small quantities only and capping in at the last moment. I hope they stick to stuff like double salts, PETN and ANFO or others more friendly to the so called chemists that follow other peoples recipes over science. And please, tell them that the all too common "encyclopedia of explosives" was written by a chemist who never once did any of those reactions and published some scary stuff! And if you ever see them using a sparkler as a fuse, shut that shit down immediately!
They have both been military trained on explosives aNd my sweet hunny was a police Sergent that has knowledge. Really not worried. They have set off explosives around here for fun for years now.

As always. . . Normally that is a bonfire night.
I about had a heart attack when you said your "kids". I was 14 years young when i got my first sigma aldrich order of reagent nitric acid, oh how the times have changed! Unfortunately, won't be breaking any sound barriers this year, the family has a camping trip planned at a state park campground so nothing loud for us. We will have a nice fire, but thats about it.

Its only 39 degs here this morning. Looks like some clouds are moving in over the mountains to the west of us right now, so we could get some rain or snow today. We really need the rain. We're already getting some yellow patches of grass where the soil is shallow.
The sun is just now hitting the top of the mountains and I see fresh snow up there. I didn't think that I'd be keeping the wood stove burning 24/7 at the end of May. The joy of mountain living.

Put a little window into old pig pen for a bit more light. Cleaning weeds from around the potatos. Waiting for the beans to come up.
Feeling kinda stupid now, let the neighbor park his pigs here for 5 months, built his pigpen with/for him and now they don't even come over any more or let the kids come and play with the cats or our dog since we told them that "NO YOU CAN'T GET SOME CHICKENS AND PARK THEM HERE!!!"
WTF?? oh well, life goes on...GP

Just read where the USDA is going to start paying off loans for black farmers. Of course its actually the tax payer who's paying off these loans. Plus White farmers still have to pay their loans. Yes, there certainly is "systemic" racism in this country, and it isn't coming from Whites. Its coming from our own government.

Was he thinking your old pig house can now be his new chicken house?
yes he was, we heard the children talking about how much fun it will/would be to go visit and play with "the chickens" and he does not have a coop or anything such...so when it got brought up, they were disappointed Helena said no. First we do not want them at the moment since the prices are so low for chicken and eggs, it is not worth the work, time, money and dirt. Second, if we want to go anywhere, who would be watching out for them and thirdly, he was talking about 40 !!! chickens in an area of 10 X 10 feet and a coop about 6 X 6 ft- NO WAY JOSÉ!

yes he was, we heard the children talking about how much fun it will/would be to go visit and play with "the chickens" and he does not have a coop or anything such...so when it got brought up, they were disappointed Helena said no. First we do not want them at the moment since the prices are so low for chicken and eggs, it is not worth the work, time, money and dirt. Second, if we want to go anywhere, who would be watching out for them and thirdly, he was talking about 40 !!! chickens in an area of 10 X 10 feet and a coop about 6 X 6 ft- NO WAY JOSÉ!

That's way to many chickens for that little space. Smart move not doing it.

got a text message from my Boss lady asking if I planned in going into work tomorrow. My response was Yes Ma'am. She told me what was going on so I am going in early (around midnight) to get thing situated and caught up. My world of never knowing. I will be meeting an aunt and uncle for lunch who came in to visit my mom and her husband.

Latest posts

Back