Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are your sale prices? We have a sale here every Tuesday. Angus calves going for $300-$600
The last auction price for heifers was about $800 for a 600 pound calf. Steers run a little more, around $900. Our nearest auction yard is over 100 miles away. Since I'm only selling 4 at this time I'll try selling locally, and could get a little better price. Cow/calf pairs are selling at around $1500-$1700.

The last auction price for heifers was about $800 for a 600 pound calf. Steers run a little more, around $900. Our nearest auction yard is over 100 miles away. Since I'm only selling 4 at this time I'll try selling locally, and could get a little better price. Cow/calf pairs are selling at around $1500-$1700.
Why do the farmers/ranchers always get ripped off?

Why do the farmers/ranchers always get ripped off?
The prices may be down a little right now, but I don't consider myself being ripped off. Nobody is forcing me to raise cattle. Most of the calves that I had this year came from cows that were born and raised on this place. So in reality each calf is almost pure profit. Each calf gets about $3.00 in shots, plus a couple bucks for an ear tag and thats it. Unless something goes wrong there shouldn't be any more costs before I sell them this Fall. Each steer that I butcher eats about $300 in feed. How much would 700# of beef cost in the store? Our ranch is paid for, the cattle are paid for and our equipment is paid for. Our business model works great for us.

The murder that just took place goes way beyond police incompentance. I generally try to defend the police. To draw a gun when you think you are drawing a taser is unforgiveable. Can you imagine a black person shooting a cop and then say"Oops."

The murder that just took place goes way beyond police incompentance. I generally try to defend the police. To draw a gun when you think you are drawing a taser is unforgiveable. Can you imagine a black person shooting a cop and then say"Oops."

IMHO, that is the difference between someone whom is trained, and someone whom is not trained.
I can feel the difference between loaded handgun and one that is not. I can and have feel the difference between a squib load and a fully functional load.
Did she panic and draw and shoot thinking it was a taser?
Maybe.
Should she be trained to tell the difference between the two, yes.
But that is the difference between a properly trained and educated LEO, and one that has been educated to the lowest common denominator.
There is a difference.

other than the other blacks seeing it as an excuse to loot & burn the nearest Target store >>> what significance is it that he was black and not white, asian, hispanic or some other mix?
No significance to me, im not racist. I may be culturally biased, but definitely not racist. I just mentioned his race knowing that it will fuel the next set of violent protests... Unfortunately, there is a certain culture that thinks they can disobey law enforcement without repercussion, and it is the same culturally minded people who will see situations like this as strictly a race thing without considering their culturally inherited behavior as a catalyst and act out of frustration. If white people got squirrely every time they were about to be arrested, I bet more white people would be getting shot. That said, yes, this instance was strictly a matter of poor training, not a race thing ~ but it will certainly and unfortunately be treated as the latter.

I just have not felt well since yesterday a few hours after I got off work. The last time I knew I was exposed to something was on Friday when a co-worker had a temp the night before and still not feeling well on Friday when she came to work after getting the second vaccine shot. We were in the same room for a few minutes, but never close. I felt bad and developed a temp Mon, then nauseated. Only thing I ate yesterday was a mandarin orange. I started in with the CDS late last night, but only 3 doses before I went to sleep. My fever was gone by early this morning, but still dealt with the being nauseated. Got to thinking last weekend the grandkids were here and the second one was not feeling well with a 24 hour stomach bug. 3rd grand got it a few days after that. Apparently it took me 8 days to get it. Fortunately I was off today, but have to admit I did pretty much nothing, except for feeding.

Latest posts

Back