Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true, but some of us aren't most people.
I see it where I live, the Amish can be exempt from SS if they choose to be. But then, there's nothing when they get older, and no medicare or in home help like hospice. Up to the families. I have also seen some of the adult children not pay for outside help for an aging parent because it'll take away from what they are to inherit. Not good.

Friends, I didn't say for having done nothing. I say I don't have to do anything now to get SS. I had no choice. The best investment I ever made was land. No, Wife was the best. I have many foolish friends who made no investments. And several wives. The only thing that keeps them from poverty was there forced investment in SS. Rellgar, just imagine how much better better the world would be if everyone was as smart as you.

ir forced investment

about lost my **** as the noise kept me awake.
We can only now sleep because we installed new windows with triple layers of glass against the sound and cold/hot temps. 40 ton trucks can still roll through our town and they go directly in front of our house. The whole house shudders if they are too fast and the glasses rattle in the cupboards. If we had not done so much to this house, or if Helena gets tired of it all, we may sell under price and get another house away from ANY street. This was our only downfall on this house and land...except the price. $7000.00 for the house and land and only $20.00 a year in taxes...

I currently live down a no maintenance road and anm the only year-round resident. I am 3 miles (along the road) to the nearest year-round residence and the nearest highway (the way the bird flies across the lake and beyond the swampland) is about a mile at its nearest. The cabin is on a hill of pure clay (at least down 78 feet before a layer of sand). I can hear vehicles all night! If I go outside upon hearing something and wondering WTF, I find I cannot hear it outside at all. Somehow, this hill and the pillars this cabin sits on amplify the sounds through some resonance in the structure. It isnt enough to keep me awake, but large trucks still wake me up on occasion. I can hear vehicles on our road approaching inside the cabin about 4 minutes before they arrive at our driveway. I had to get a long-range driveway alarm (the Dakota MURS Alert) so I can keep the advanced warning while I make my daytime noise :)

That's true, but some of us aren't most people.
I see it where I live, the Amish can be exempt from SS if they choose to be. But then, there's nothing when they get older, and no medicare or in home help like hospice. Up to the families. I have also seen some of the adult children not pay for outside help for an aging parent because it'll take away from what they are to inherit. Not good.
I always thought SS should be voluntary. If a person is incapable of managing their own money for retirement, they could let the government do it for them. The rest of us could invest our own money, and get a far better return than the government can.

A train runs through each town where I live, so the key to finding a good house is to not live near the tracks. Although my husband's family lived right near the tracks in California when he was growing up, and he said he'd get used to it, and wake up if the train ran late. Sound travels pretty far out here in the plains, so we do hear the train, but not too much.

I always thought SS should be voluntary. If a person is incapable of managing their own money for retirement, they could let the government do it for them. The rest of us could invest our own money, and get a far better return than the government can.

It is voluntary. Another lie by the bureaucrats in government. Instead of everyone volunteering to join, they use the deception that people are exempt from SS if there part of a special local or state government group with there own pensions. This is not something they want for the general public (the peasants).

I know many people who never saved or invested a penny. If it wasn't for SS they would be freezing or starving to death now. They had the same information I did. I guess they hoped they would die before they retired. May be they thought they would show up at my house and beg. It would be hard to turn some of them away even though they were foolish. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. Forced savings helps the foolish. Some times I think they outnumber us.

I know many people who never saved or invested a penny. If it wasn't for SS they would be freezing or starving to death now. They had the same information I did. I guess they hoped they would die before they retired. May be they thought they would show up at my house and beg. It would be hard to turn some of them away even though they were foolish. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. Forced savings helps the foolish. Some times I think they outnumber us.
Thats why it should be voluntary. People could choose SS or a self directed retirement account. Those that aren't smart enough or otherwise incapable of managing their own money could choose the government system. The rest of us would invest the same $$ in an IRA or similar account. What could possibly be wrong with that? For example, my SS benefit over 40+ years of "contributing" only amounts to a few thousand a month. While my self directed retirement accounts are paying several times what government SS pays. Personally I dont care if someone saves for retirement or not. That's their problem.

Thousands of migrants eluding apprehension at southern border, union official tells 'The Story'

40,000 Gotaways in US , borders overwhelmed
Thousands of migrants eluding apprehension at southern border, union official tells 'The Story'
Art Del Cueto estimates 40,000 'gotaways' in single Border Patrol sector

National Border Patrol Council vice president Art Del Cueto contradicted claims by White House press secretary Jen Psaki that most people who come to the U.S.-Mexico border are turned away, telling "The Story" Friday that "it's scary to hear the amount of unaccompanied juveniles and family units coming into the U.S. and being released."

DEL CUETO: What is even scarier and more hectic that no one is really talking about is the number of "gotaways". I can tell you here in Tucson Sector, because agents are having to deal with the unaccompanied juveniles and the family units, year to date -- this is just a guess -- they're looking at over 40,000 people that have gotten away. You can look at the numbers of what is being caught in Texas, but you cannot ignore and you have to understand how scary it is when you're hearing over 40,000 people in this sector alone have gotten away. You don't know who they are, you don't know where they're coming from and you don't know their intentions while in the United States.

The unaccompanied juveniles are staying in the United States. These family units are staying. My big issue, and everyone's issue, should be those individuals that are getting away, that are coming through, not being apprehended.

This is what the Dems wants.

Well at least you wont need the rigmarole of elections any more, by the time 2024 comes around the Dems will outbumber you ten to one.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-wont-use-border-crisis
The word the Biden administration won't use when it comes to the border? 'Crisis'
More than 100,000 migrants were encountered at border in February.

The Biden administration is facing what it admits is an "overwhelming" number of migrants at the southern border while scrambling to construct new facilities to hold child migrants -- but it is doggedly refusing to describe the situation as a "crisis."

Agents in the Rio Grande Valley sector in Texas are encountering 1,500 migrants a day, overwhelming the sector -- and Fox News on Saturday obtained exclusive photographs of a temporary outdoor processing site there in Mission, Texas.

Just think how much your going to have to pay in extra taxes to feed, house, educate, treat, clothe etc the millions heading your way.

Latest posts

Back