Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

at least that $$$$ tries to go in the correct direction ....

meanwhile >>>

Biden's new US military is spending resources $$$ to develop gear & uniforms for "behind the lines" female pregnant commandos >>> not kidding

on the same intelligence level - $$$$$ to "create" military females that won't get pregnant - free med care for trannies to get the full snip job on Uncle Sam's buck ....

This has just been a day. . . Found one of my goats with a broken leg, actually up towards her hind hip so not a good place. It did get a splint and she is now separated from general population hanging out in the milk staunch area. She is able to get up and down. Just hope it heals alright.

Then hunny and I went down to his old boss house to do a "quick job" of placing grates and braces over his ditches. No big deal. Hunny would lift the grates with the excavator while I laid the braces and just had to guide in place. Only had 5 to do. We got 4 done no problems until hunny was moving the excavator in place for the last and the track came off. . . Take out the grease to get it back on and then grease back in. Did this, got the last grate done and tried to load up. Track kept coming off track (think we put it back on at least 5 times) so hunny finally took it totally off to load up on the trailer. Had to do a lot of praying and when I saw him teetering on edge I held my breath. There were some very close moments where I thought it was going to flip over. Once he got it on I wasnt sure if I wanted to just hug him or slug him. . . I chose to give him a hug and then I cried. New track will be ordered tomorrow. Hunny asked me if I would help him put it on and told him only if we do it in the trailer.

After getting home, we fed. Clara Belle didn't come up to eat tonight. She was in the far back corner of the pasture. Hunny went over the fence to try to get her up. She didn't want to but did. I had to go get her halter so hunny could try to get her to the front. I ended up going in after hunny couldn't get her to move anymore. She was very reluctant but we were finally able to get her out of the pasture and put in the sick area. I ended up rubbing her rumen and she belched 3 good ones and you could tell she just felt better. I called hunny to bring my her bottle and a bottle of antacid. Got 1/2 that bottle down her. By tonight she is feeling much better.

All I can say is it has been one heck of a day, but I am thankful. . . Nobody died. . .

Got the taxes filed today and first step in the process of applying for SS.
This should be the last year that we file a 61 page tax "return".
Congrats on hopefully getting some of your SS money back! I still have a few years yet and am kind of expecting them to be broke by then. I filed taxes a while back and my son just got his refund deposited allready. We got big refunds as I based our estimates on the previous year and we had a really good year then. I’m usually quick about filing anything with the state or federeal.

Congrats on hopefully getting some of your SS money back! I still have a few years yet and am kind of expecting them to be broke by then. I filed taxes a while back and my son just got his refund deposited allready. We got big refunds as I based our estimates on the previous year and we had a really good year then. I’m usually quick about filing anything with the state or federeal.
Back in the 70's I never imagined that SS would be there for me. How dare they take such a chunk out of every check! I've already got back more than twice as much as I put in.

Back in the 70's I never imagined that SS would be there for me. How dare they take such a chunk out of every check! I've already got back more than twice as much as I put in.
I’m really glad you have gotten your money back. I think the concept is great. Everyone should be saving for retirement. My biggest problem was when the government spent the funds and gave IOU’s out for it. It won’t be long before they have to reduce the payouts and increase the withholding. I was responsible enough to save for my retirement. Considering how bad the national debt is why would anyone trust the government with their financial savings?

Back when the wife and I were both working we in the top tax bracket and paid well over $100k in taxes. We never saw a refund so we always filed on April 15th. Now that we're both "retired", and the way we structured our investments, we'll be in the 0-12% tax bracket. Its nice to let someone eles carry the burden now.
I think SS will be around for a long time. The government will just keep raising the SS tax on those who still have jobs.

This has just been a day. . . Found one of my goats with a broken leg, actually up towards her hind hip so not a good place. It did get a splint and she is now separated from general population hanging out in the milk staunch area. She is able to get up and down. Just hope it heals alright.
I have been down that road with my Billy he made a full recovery

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 3
Over the years, I've dealt with 3 do far, but never one this close to a hip. That's why I am so worried.
THE break in that billy leg was midway between the hip socket and the first joint,we put a hard cast on him and he healed right up,,,,,,,,,the hard cast is the way to go,,,you can get it on Amazon

Back when the wife and I were both working we in the top tax bracket and paid well over $100k in taxes. We never saw a refund so we always filed on April 15th. Now that we're both "retired", and the way we structured our investments, we'll be in the 0-12% tax bracket. Its nice to let someone eles carry the burden now.
I think SS will be around for a long time. The government will just keep raising the SS tax on those who still have jobs.
I am of two minds about SS. Who wouldn't like to get paid some money every month for doing nothing? On the other hand I hate to see my government borrow any more.

I am of two minds about SS. Who wouldn't like to get paid some money every month for doing nothing? On the other hand I hate to see my government borrow any more.
we pay for SS our whole working life,,,,,,,we earn that and be damned if I will pay in and then not take my share when the time comes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can do what you want

"Doing nothing"? I paid in to SS for over 40 years. I expect to get something back for all the SS tax the government took out of my pay. If I had my choice I would have invested the SS money myself and had a much higher return.

we pay for SS our whole working life,,,,,,,we earn that and be damned if I will pay in and then not take my share when the time comes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can do what you want
Just imagine how much you would have if you actually invested the money you paid in SS? At 2% interest, you would have way more than SS gives you back.

Latest posts

Back