Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm sure if there's a bunch of armed people in maga hats at all the state capitols, martial law would be declared. Some liberal yoo ha would start shooting and it'd be blamed on the right. They do the facial recognition stuff and round up a ton of people.
Don't fall for this junk. Be gray.

Meanwhile: Facebook and Twitter stock is falling. Many people I know is transitioning out of social media.

I left social media back when facebook wa caught with their pants down running experiments on humans by manipulating people's news feed. This can very much affect people psychologically and is against the tenets of scientific experiments especially if someone did not give expressed consent. Congress did nothing then (not that they should have, it's a free business) but that's when people should have quit social media.

Congress did nothing then (not that they should have, it's a free business) but that's when people should have quit social media.
The problem is they have already done something to enable them. Congress protected these social media companies from lawsuits via Section 230. That protection should be removed.

The problem is they have already done something to enable them. Congress protected these social media companies from lawsuits via Section 230. That protection should be removed.

Maybe. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about this whole issue. If auto or gun manufacturers should not be held responsible for auto or gun deaths, then by the same token any platform shouldn't be held responsible for something they didn't publish. I understand that this case may be different in that the refusal to publish something like the Hunter Biden story is effectively the same decision as publishing something, but at the end of the date it's us, the everyday people who gave these platforms their power. It's our fault for clicking "accept" without reading the terms and conditions. Their day of reckoning is upon them, as more and more people realize that decentralization is key. The pendulum will swing back. But the rest of conservatives who still aren't yet banned like Rush Limbaugh should leave those platforms and focus their energy on other platforms. Their only power is in their subscription base. Let's let them be the liberals' echo chambers, and we'll create decentralized alternatives in the meantime.

Maybe. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about this whole issue. If auto or gun manufacturers should not be held responsible for auto or gun deaths, then by the same token any platform shouldn't be held responsible for something they didn't publish.
That's not the issue. They are supposed to be neutral and not content providers. They are not supposed to be taking sides and suppressing political speech. They are abusing their power by acting as arbiters of political speech.

Latest posts

Back