Blackout in San Francisco

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toexit,,,you reacted just as I expected you to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,arrogant smug,,,defensively

now slick I work for a living and I can't sit here and play poke the donkey with you all day

Maybe you should back track next time before blindly jumping in the middle of a debate.

I don't expect anyone to have to justify where they choose to live. I'm not the one making ridiculous low ball statements about areas in which you live....then defaulting back playing innocent after things kick off.
And yet you keep it going. Get over yourself. You need help. I've had enough of this childish debate.

Maybe you should back track next time before blindly jumping in the middle of a debate.
I had to look one last time before walking out the door

and you can kiss my ###,,,,you will never get a apology from me I don't play innocent ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I sure as hell don't give a shit where you live,,,,,is that blunt enough for you,,,,,,,now have a nice life

I had to look one last time before walking out the door

and you can kiss my ###,,,,you will never get a apology from me I don't play innocent ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I sure as hell don't give a shit where you live,,,,,is that blunt enough for you,,,,,,,now have a nice life

Wow, I'm devastated grayghost. :rolleyes:

Seriously, are we going to have another pissing match here too? Didn't anyone watch Bambi as a child? If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

I came here to learn & grow as it relates to prepping. While I have learned a considerable amount by a few people here...I feel a handful of unstables make it unrealistic to engage in intelligent prolonged debates.

Chicago is not all wonderful. I would post pics, but I can't figure out how. The forum is different from others.

I doubt were anyone here lives is all wonderful. For every bad image you post I can post 10 good ones. I don't know why I'm even bothering here anymore...seriously.

The world is full of educated idiots. They are abundant at universities and big cities.

That's a brilliant statement. Funny how most of you talking trash don't list which nothing city you live in.

There are many elite suburbs of Chicago were an entry level home costs almost a million dollars. I'd love to see the medium real estate value of where you live.

i'm sure cities are fine for people who want coffee to go, wine bars, macdonalds, KFC, cinemas and theatres, which is about 80% of any population of the western world these days.
but the problems start when some emergency happens, dosent have to be TEOTWAWKI, could be a severe winter storm or some flooding, then try evacuating millions of panicking people along on the congested roads, and i'm no country hillbilly, I lived in a city for 40 years.

One thing being established...the US vs them mentality is strong here. I don't care where any of you live. I was under the impression that we had a mutual interest in learning survivalism.

Instead I feel like a "colored folk" walking in on a klan rally.

Last edited:
That's a brilliant statement. Funny how most of you talking trash don't list which nothing city you live in.

There are many elite suburbs of Chicago were an entry level home costs almost a million dollars. I'd love to see the medium real estate value of where you live.
What does real estate value in some area's have to do with prepping?
Biggest city I ever lived in was New Orleans for 6 years, worked there another 6 years. I have stayed over night and been to Chicago (3times), New York(2times), Los Angeles, Dallas(2times), San Diego, Atlanta(3times) and many others.

Just because most people do something, does not mean it's the best thing to do or the best choice. It just means it is not the worst choice.

Where a person desires to live is not determined by the location one wants to live based on the land itself, but rather the location of a person's job, career, profession and what there familiar with.
The limited space in proximity of such business and commercial activity area's determines the price of realastate there. The higher the demand the higher the price. It's not because it's the best place to live, people live there because of there desire to make money, everything else is symptoms of this desire. Including the poor ghettos, which are the result of the unsuccessful people or hired labor and immigrants attracted by these opportunities, who where part of that lifestyle.

cost of housing has more to do with supply and demand than how good an area is.
I don't see what that has to do with prepping or survival, how much your house was worth pre SHTF wont matter a damn afterwards.

Biggest city I ever lived in was New Orleans for 6 years, worked there another 6 years. I have stayed over night and been to Chicago (3times), New York(2times), Los Angeles, Dallas(2times), San Diego, Atlanta(3times) and many others.

Just because most people do something, does not mean it's the best thing to do or the best choice. It just means it is not the worst choice.

Where a person desires to live is not determined by the location one wants to live based on the land itself, but rather the location of a person's job, career, profession and what there familiar with.
The limited space in proximity of such business and commercial activity area's determines the price of realastate there. The higher the demand the higher the price. It's not because it's the best place to live, people live there because of there desire to make money, everything else is symptoms of this desire. Including the poor ghettos, which are the result of the unsuccessful people or hired labor and immigrants attracted by these opportunities, who where part of that lifestyle.

You make some valid & intelligent points however this debate sparked from the statement made by artic that MOST CITIES ARE LIVING IN THIRD WORLD CONDITIONS.

This statement contradicts all logic. I have spent more than a month (on more than one occasion) living in Tokyo, Paris, New York as well as a handful of small towns in rural USA. I've grown up in an upper class suburb of Chicago. I have NEVER felt any more safe than I have in major cities.

With that being said that doesn't mean that there aren't beautiful communities in the country that are also safe to live. That also doesn't mean that there arent isolated slums in major cities. That is irrelevant. This is about a statement that was made and the over all negative propaganda being spewed from a few members of this forum.

Most of which don't seem to read prior to chiming in with there opinion.

Last edited:
cities are never safe, just yesterday a guy was killed in a city here, he was run over by his own car by burglars who were trying to steal it.
everyday there is a report of some low life injuring or killing someone and its always in a city, we are more law abiding in the countryside, if there is crime its always some gang from a city up country.

Just to be clear, if where I lived was only determined by the land itself, it would not be in a big city or any city. As would I believe most people. However cities do offer many choices in social activities, Food, cultures, arts, economic and night life. Which may suit the majority just fine.

cities are never safe, just yesterday a guy was killed in a city here, he was run over by his own car by burglars who were trying to steal it.

You're right, I don't know how I've managed to survive a life living in the slums of the world. Never once robbed or shot...I must have someone looking over me.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, if where I lived was only determined by the land itself, it would not be in a big city or any city. As would I believe most people. However cities do offer many choices in social activities, Food, cultures, arts, economic and night life. Which may suit the majority just fine.

If I had unlimited resources I would spent it further traveling the world. Traveling expands and changes ones view of the world. I know people whom have never left their little corner of the world and to me...it's a shame.

There are so many beautiful places I've seen outside where I live that i could go on and on about.

every city is an artificial construct, cities formed as people came together to conduct business, participate in social interaction and to benefit from efficiencies in public services, schools-sewers-water etc, yet cities cannot survive alone, they need resources from the outside, notably food, water and fuel.
the acreage needed for food alone dictates no city could possibly feed its own people , in the world today there are at least 20 cities with populations over 10 million people.

Latest posts

Back