Folklore and prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I know folklore and/or wives' tales are based on years of experience passed down. I've never been one to abide by them much, but I'm thinking that if we have a comms blackout, we will need to rely on others knowledge of the ways of nature.

Concerning the upcoming Winter, I have noticed the squirrels are stripping the cedar trees of their bark. The bark has resin, rendering it water resistant in a wet, cold situation.

We have an abundance of walnuts and hickory nuts. "Folks" say this is for ample food supplies for critters during Winter.

I know the color of wooly worms is supposed to mean something, and the shape of a persimmon seed, but I only listed what I feel could actually be nature's way of preserving the balance.

If the squirrels are already getting their winter nests insulated with water resistant tree bark, then grand-dad said it would be a wet and cold winter without too much snow, just lots of cold and wet weather.
Nooooo. I hate cold, rainy Winters. If it's going to be cold, I want snow.

Old Farmer's Almanac says cold winter for most of the country:
weather-reveal-final-day-newsletter.jpg

Winter is generally pretty wet here. It really only gets cold for a week or two here and there.

Latest posts

Back