What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the way to the pharmacy , stopped by a roadblock of several gendarmes demanding to see our paperwork! They were angry that the date was incorrect. Threatened us with 200 euro fine each. Bunch of Nazis taking over. This is just the beginning of the erosion of our rights to free movement .

When I went to the nursery on Tuesday, it's a 3 hour drive one way, everything looked normal to me. Looked to be the same number of cars on the road as far as I could tell, and the same cows. The nursary was well stocked on seeds. The only thing they were short on was fruit trees and berry plants. And that was because of the time of year, not the flu scare.
I stopped at Home Depot too and the only difference was they only had one door open. Since I was in the big city (pop 6000) I took advantage of the larger grocery store. They seemed to be well stocked with everything, including TP. They had what I wanted anyway.

Now the government has decided that one of my prescriptions is a controlled substance, why I don't know. So now the doctor's office can no longer call in a prescription. I have to drive clear across town, go into the doctor's office (which I consider one of the most hazardous places you can be right now) and pick up the prescription, take it to the pharmacy, and then come back to the pharmacy when it is filled. All while we are under a shelter-at-home order not to do any unnecessary travel. We really are living in a bad episode of The Twilight Zone.

15 days ago I bought something at Sears online. It was supposed to arrive today. When it didn't show up, I called. They said they don't have it in stock. Website said in stock 15 days ago, or I wouldn't have wasted my time. Now they say they don't know when they will have one to ship to me. I'm guessing it will come from China, in about 6 months, MAYBE, probably not. So I cancelled the order. Another hour of my time wasted, on top of the 15 days, having to call three different places just to cancel the order. I used to like Sears, but they have done so many crazy things, like mail me a box with a chop saw only. No Styrofoam around it, no paper work, just the saw floating around in the box. Holes punched out of the box, bent handle. One time the sent me a 1 1/8 wrench in a 48"x6x6 box..... a wrench..four foot box..

I officially hate you now Sears! You are like a third world country. F YOU!

Last edited:
I am truly humbled today. There is an elderly lady in her 80's that shares a back fence line with us. She has lived on this road all her life. Widowed and on Social Security she worked in the textile mills her whole life. She grew up on this road and her father was a coal miner. We have always tried to look out for her. Hubby has done a few odd jobs to help her out in the past and we check on her regularly as her family lives away. So hubby is on the back property line weed eating. He comes in the house carrying something and lays 2 gallon ziploc bags of dried pinto beans in my lap. This lady who probably lives on $600.00 a month, unaware that I have food enough to feed her for years, is sending over food to us over the back fence. I am touched. In a time when the world is turned upside down just a simple act of kindness can bring so many things into perspective.

I am truly humbled today. There is an elderly lady in her 80's that shares a back fence line with us. She has lived on this road all her life. Widowed and on Social Security she worked in the textile mills her whole life. She grew up on this road and her father was a coal miner. We have always tried to look out for her. Hubby has done a few odd jobs to help her out in the past and we check on her regularly as her family lives away. So hubby is on the back property line weed eating. He comes in the house carrying something and lays 2 gallon ziploc bags of dried pinto beans in my lap. This lady who probably lives on $600.00 a month, unaware that I have food enough to feed her for years, is sending over food to us over the back fence. I am touched. In a time when the world is turned upside down just a simple act of kindness can bring so many things into perspective.

Last of the greatest generation. Thanks for sharing. We have neighbors in their 90's. They've been married for 67 years. I check on them a couple of times a week. They can still run circle around many of today's 20 somethings. Their garden always looks like it's for giants. Love them, and tell them so frequently.

Now the government has decided that one of my prescriptions is a controlled substance, why I don't know. So now the doctor's office can no longer call in a prescription. I have to drive clear across town, go into the doctor's office (which I consider one of the most hazardous places you can be right now) and pick up the prescription, take it to the pharmacy, and then come back to the pharmacy when it is filled. All while we are under a shelter-at-home order not to do any unnecessary travel. We really are living in a bad episode of The Twilight Zone.

What kind of prescription was this?

15 days ago I bought something at Sears online. It was supposed to arrive today. When it didn't show up, I called. They said they don't have it in stock. Website said in stock 15 days ago, or I wouldn't have wasted my time. Now they say they don't know when they will have one to ship to me. I'm guessing it will come from China, in about 6 months, MAYBE, probably not. So I cancelled the order. Another hour of my time wasted, on top of the 15 days, having to call three different places just to cancel the order. I used to like Sears, but they have done so many crazy things, like mail me a box with a chop saw only. No Styrofoam around it, no paper work, just the saw floating around in the box. Holes punched out of the box, bent handle. One time the sent me a 1 1/8 wrench in a 48"x6x6 box..... a wrench..four foot box..

Designer shoe warehouse did this to me one time. At least when I called them they finally sent my my order.

I gave up on Sears when they did away with their catalog.

I ordered some 9 mm bullets on 3/20. They were listed as in stock. Several days later a shipping label was created. To date, they have not been shipped. I originally got irritated but then I figured out what may have happen. Their inventory is not up dated until a order is confirmed and paid. During that time lag, they probable over sold their supply. Now I could get mad and cancel but that would just move me to the back of somebody else's shipping list. Everybody I am dealing with online, is experiencing very long delays in shipping. Even non-gun related companies are having a difficult time keeping up with shipments. This has been a good learning experience. Things happening now, have not been typically discussed in forums or my what if fiction books. Good learning experience I really hope I live through.

Thank you, this is the first I have heard of it.
Good morning Celeree, if you want to know more on MMS or Chlorine Dioxide, Google Jim Humble. He is a missionary who used this to clean his drinking water in Africa and found out it would get people clean from Malaria and Yellow Fever within hours instead of weeks...He has a PDF book available also.

Attachments

• MMS.pdf
    538.3 KB · Views: 5
I ordered some 9 mm bullets on 3/20. They were listed as in stock. Several days later a shipping label was created. To date, they have not been shipped. I originally got irritated but then I figured out what may have happen. Their inventory is not up dated until a order is confirmed and paid. During that time lag, they probable over sold their supply. Now I could get mad and cancel but that would just move me to the back of somebody else's shipping list. Everybody I am dealing with online, is experiencing very long delays in shipping. Even non-gun related companies are having a difficult time keeping up with shipments. This has been a good learning experience. Things happening now, have not been typically discussed in forums or my what if fiction books. Good learning experience I really hope I live through.
I found a hell of a deal on some .40's online. They were pre-Kung Flu prices so I ordered on the 2nd and they are out for delivery today! I couldn't believe it. With the price being what they were, I really thought they'd get delayed or canceled.
I think your theory on the delay between order receipt and order being picked, is dpot on. It's creating a huge challenge for these businesses. The volume is so high, they are selling out online before they know it.

upload_2020-4-10_10-51-0.jpeg

Latest posts

Back