What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen some real dogs in bars before, but what bar let’s you bring a REAL dog! Lol
We have 2 bars in town and neither one have a problem with me bringing in my mutt. He just sits next to my bar stool and doesn't bother anyone.
There are definitely some 2 legged dogs around here that prowel the bars. Woof. Woof.

Our thanksgiving dinner is creamy shrimp and corn soup. Baked Turkey with gravy, pork roast with gravy, oyster dressing, shrimp merleton dressing, baked macaroni n cheese, sweet potato crunch casserole, ground beef n peppers dressing, broccoli casserole, stuffed artichoke casserole. Pecan, sweet potato pies, strawberry cheesecake.

Last edited:
pork.jpg
turkey.jpg
soup.jpg
sweetpotatonOyster.jpg

You can tell the Turkey is a male.

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Charmoula meatball tajine with couscous, one of my favourite recipes. Sharing here because it is fabulous. Play with the spices, depending on how hot you like your food.

Charmoula marinade (makes 1 large cup)

1/2 tbsp each red chilli flakes and sweet paprika
1/2 tsp each ground cumin and chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp each coriander leaf and flat-leaf parsley, chopped
good pinch of saffron threads
1 onion, chopped fairly finely
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/4 preserved lemon, sliced thinly - preserved lemon is proof that the universe loves us!
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup good virgin olive oil

Mix it all together and leave at least 30 min before using.

Meatball tajine (serves 4)

For the sauce
2 tbsp good virgin olive oil
1 cup of charmoula marinade
2x 400 g tins of good plum tomatoes
250 g frozen peas, thawed

For the meatballs
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp each ground cumin, sweet paprika, red chilli flakes
1 tbsp each coriander leaf and flat-leaf parsely, finely chopped
1 egg
1 kg good beef mince
salt and pepper

Optional: 1 egg for poaching per person eating at that meal.

Sauce: heat the oil and gently fry the marinade for ~5 min until softened and even more fabulously fragrant; add the tomatoes and simmer gently 20-30 min.

Meatballs: meanwhile, soak the breadcrumbs in the milk until soft, then tip in everything else except the poaching eggs, mix it all together; make small meatballs and lay them in a single layer in a shallow dish and bake for 20 min in a moderate oven, ~375 degF.

Make up: stir peas into sauce and simmer 5 min; stir meatballs into sauce and simmer 5 min; make little saucy gaps amongst the meatballs and drop the eggs in to poach - you may need to flip the eggs over to cook the tops, as the thick sauce might not reach them.

My better half is sick...he usually does the cooking. I stopped off at the store on the way home and got some pre chopped fresh veggies and a rotisserie chicken. I sauteed the veggies in some rattlesnake olive oil ..and a little butter. It was all done in about 10 minutes and I have real food to eat for lunch for the next 2 days.

My better half is sick...he usually does the cooking. I stopped off at the store on the way home and got some pre chopped fresh veggies and a rotisserie chicken. I sauteed the veggies in some rattlesnake olive oil ..and a little butter. It was all done in about 10 minutes and I have real food to eat for lunch for the next 2 days.
I love the rotisserie chickens! With a simple side you have a decent meal and it beats the fast food by far. I even get leftovers for another two meals for the price of one fast food meal.

We have 2 bars in town and neither one have a problem with me bringing in my mutt. He just sits next to my bar stool and doesn't bother anyone.
There are definitely some 2 legged dogs around here that prowel the bars. Woof. Woof.
Just saw on the news where a pit bull attacked some small school kids. A teacher jumped on the pit and calmed it down. Sad to say but it will be put down likely. They are excitable dogs, but are usually very loving and happy animals. I have two rescued ones and have no fear at all of them. I also know they are animals and understand their excitable nature. Wish I could save that one too.

Latest posts

Back