What are you working on RIGHT now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the pain. every month I set aside a bit to prep and the decisions of what to buy is really painful.

I'm going to try to list down the things I want to buy base on my priorities and what I already have. then decide what can be purchase... rather what SHOULD be purchased based on the priorities I have.

Does that make sense?

I know the pain. every month I set aside a bit to prep and the decisions of what to buy is really painful.

I'm going to try to list down the things I want to buy base on my priorities and what I already have. then decide what can be purchase... rather what SHOULD be purchased based on the priorities I have.

Does that make sense?
Yes it dose! I think that is what we should do! Thank you!! Sometimes the simple answers are not seen until someone points them out!!

yeah to many people put the wrong things first..simply by going with whats important to them instead of going with whats needed for every day life to servival..im thinking of going and getting 2 cases of water.this way we'll have water to drink without haveing to go with tap water..

Many items come to mind when I see or hear the question, "WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON RIGHT NOW?" The first thing I work on everyday is coupons and water sales! I have been planing out my garden and I have my order ready to go. I am cooking everyday and I always make extra so I can save for another day. I do alot of DIY projects to cut monthly coasts. I have my kids learning "camping" skills all year long and now I just started a prepper meeting once a month. Last year was our biggest move in prepping. WE MOVED from 29 miles away from our B.O.L. to 6 miles away. Easier to get to and easier to keep up on our preps! We are signing up for first aid and CPR classes as a family next month. So looking forward to learning more thank you all for your help and advice!

Picked up a few cans of mountain house freeze dried, same thing I do every payday. Worked on my brewing hobby and I am almost done building a still for water distillation, fuel, and antiseptic.

Picked up a few cans of mountain house freeze dried, same thing I do every payday. Worked on my brewing hobby and I am almost done building a still for water distillation, fuel, and antiseptic.

Good job! Have you tried the food yet? If so how is it? I am working on all my plans for my garden. So, excited! Rain barrel is on the way! Congratulations on your progress!

Does that make sense?
I'm really big on making out lists too. Sometimes when it's in black and white in front of you it gives you a different perspective. It's easy to get excited, face it spending money is fun! But I'm not rich, so I try to make as wise a decision with my tax refund as possible, especially since it's another year before I get this again. There's tons of things I want, but writing things down helps me decide what makes the most sense.

I had the day off today, started working at sunup, and just came in to relax. I'm worn out but got a lot done today, and always feel really satisfied when I have a productive day on all my preps around here. I just started pruning fruit trees today too, I've realized that farming isn't all about just harvesting, there's a lot of sweat that goes into successful growing. The 8 baby bunnies started eating apple slices today, at three weeks old today, I think the mama is about tired of feeding them all by herself. I introduced my batch of baby chicks into the henhouse and everyone seems ok so far. I had a long list of things accomplished, but now have a fire going and am sipping on some Concorde grape wine I made last year, so me and the pit are snuggling buddies for the rest on the evening. Hope you all have as good an evening.

I am getting ready for my vertical garden! I have land to do a traditional garden but with using less space I can keep it close to my door! Reducing the distance to a large garden will help me in many ways. I am keeping the wire fence up, (that is already there) to help cut down on critters and it will also help with my climbing plants. I am putting my rain barrel right next to the barn which happen to be part of my fenced in area. Along the side of the barn I am hanging many bag plants. This will give me a 10x20 area to plant the rest! I will post pics as I build MY BEAUTIFUL GARDEN!

I have picked all of my seeds according to what we eat, what grows well in my area, and that produce a large yield. I will be planting fruit, vegetables, spices, and coffee! I will be canning, freezing and dehydrating all of my growth! I am so excited!

I am getting ready for my vertical garden! I have land to do a traditional garden but with using less space I can keep it close to my door! Reducing the distance to a large garden will help me in many ways. I am keeping the wire fence up, (that is already there) to help cut down on critters and it will also help with my climbing plants. I am putting my rain barrel right next to the barn which happen to be part of my fenced in area. Along the side of the barn I am hanging many bag plants. This will give me a 10x20 area to plant the rest! I will post pics as I build MY BEAUTIFUL GARDEN!

I have picked all of my seeds according to what we eat, what grows well in my area, and that produce a large yield. I will be planting fruit, vegetables, spices, and coffee! I will be canning, freezing and dehydrating all of my growth! I am so excited!
Yeah, winter seems to still be here, but spring isn't too far off. I'm excited about planting again too. I have the winter veggies I planted in the greenhouse that are doing ok, but I'm thinking about tilling the outside garden in prep for warmer times!

With tax return just around the corner, we have been trying to figure out, what is our next "big" buy will it be...4-wheelers (2) ? ...solar power generator? ....older truck? home base CB? ..or continue on with supply build up? There is so much that comes to mind!! Hard to say what to do because it all depends on what I am hearing and seeing that is going on!?!?!?! I told my husband that maybe we should draw straws because we really have to have them all at some point. He said, " That"s true! That is to say that we have the time get what we need before SHTF." I feel like that guy that has to cut the right wire or it will go BOOM!!
What's a tax "return"? Haha, haven't seen one of those in years. My wife and I have been stocking up on all of the above too for many years. We have most of it, and the land too. We'll be ready soon. May start building the house this summer (my choice) or next summer (her choice). Our place will be all solar and wind powered with a diesel generator backup. Our nearest neighbor is over 5 miles away and our driveway is 2.5 miles long with 2 locked gates, so we shouldn't get much in the way of human traffic.

What's a tax "return"? Haha, haven't seen one of those in years. My wife and I have been stocking up on all of the above too for many years. We have most of it, and the land too. We'll be ready soon. May start building the house this summer (my choice) or next summer (her choice). Our place will be all solar and wind powered with a diesel generator backup. Our nearest neighbor is over 5 miles away and our driveway is 2.5 miles long with 2 locked gates, so we shouldn't get much in the way of human traffic.

God bless you!! ( If you don't mind me saying that) I wish you well in all of your efforts!

Oh, a tax return is almost over for us too. Our kids are getting older:eek:

Yeah, winter seems to still be here, but spring isn't too far off. I'm excited about planting again too. I have the winter veggies I planted in the greenhouse that are doing ok, but I'm thinking about tilling the outside garden in prep for warmer times!

I bet your winter veggies are having a hard time because of our odd weather! I hope that you will be able to get some veggies out of it! Warmer weather? WHERE? WHAT'S THAT? LOL:p
Happy garden planing!!

I was self employed for a long time, and I hated tax time as I always owed money. I usually filed late at night on April,14th. But now is another story! I have a regular job and don't claim any exemptions all year so I get back about three grand. I know, all the financial advisors say to only pay in as much as you have to, but this way I have a separate "savings account". If I didn't claim 0 for exemptions and got a little extra each check I would just spend it as I got it. I got my w2 on Jan 15th, and filed the next day. Now I'm deciding what to do next on my preps. Still looking into getting started with solar, but am looking at everything I want to accomplish and will prioritize accordingly.

I bet your winter veggies are having a hard time because of our odd weather! I hope that you will be able to get some veggies out of it! Warmer weather? WHERE? WHAT'S THAT? LOL:p
Happy garden planing!!
The greenhouse is a new thing for me, and planting in winter was really weird, but so far it's going ok. I have peas, spin ache, lettuces, broclie, and something else??? The chives didn't do well, and celery died off too. These were as much an experiment as anything, but hopefully will produce something. I could try to heat it but mainly want to be able to prolong my growing season. I can also start seedlings inside and bring them outside as things thaw.

I was self employed for a long time, and I hated tax time as I always owed money. I usually filed late at night on April,14th. But now is another story! I have a regular job and don't claim any exemptions all year so I get back about three grand. I know, all the financial advisors say to only pay in as much as you have to, but this way I have a separate "savings account". If I didn't claim 0 for exemptions and got a little extra each check I would just spend it as I got it. I got my w2 on Jan 15th, and filed the next day. Now I'm deciding what to do next on my preps. Still looking into getting started with solar, but am looking at everything I want to accomplish and will prioritize accordingly.[/quote

That is so kool! That is what we do! We claim 0 all year and have an addition $10/week taken out too. We have been doing that for years. This year we are getting just over $5 grand back! Our land contract deal will be paid out of it, paying off our car and the rest is for prepping! So many items to get my list keep getting changed! Mainly because I keep finding good deals on line!! Good luck with the prioritizing! Doing the same my friend!!

Latest posts

Back