What are you working on RIGHT now?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we are doing the first hitch of the team we're breaking. The horses are ready so we aren't expecting any issues, they've been dragging logs for the past week, so this should be cake.

HVP G'day buddy,

Thanks for the new local prepping FB page and news / weather warnings. I have moved to Gosford and prepping my bug in location. Have some issues obtaining long term food storage and resupply but in a short time I will be ready.

Working on doubling my on hand food stores and water.
Had to eat stuff as money got tight, getting pretty close to getting it back thanks to EBAY and Aldi.

Working on my truck, getting a safari rack a tool box with built in gas tank, another box for storing weapons and adding to my truck bag.
Also looking for a jerry can rack for the back and push bars and a winch for the front. Found a kit that turns yoru running boards into a cargo area too. May buy some other stuff for it too.

Going hunting this weekend and hoping to add to the freezer.

Stockpiling freeze dried food, I get a little more every payday. Project for the winter putting together a 10x20 greenhouse for this spring and last but not least I am about 1/2 way through putting together a DPMS LR-.308

im planing on building some shelves in one cornner of the laundry room.but my mom says she rather have a cabnet with doors on it instead.now that can be a great idea if we can find one thats tall wide and deep enough for that cornner.that way we can have foods there.and they wont be seen when folks are going in and out of the house.

Right now I'm working on getting my parents on board and I'm building my preps up alot more right now.

Howdy fellow forum go'ers,

What is everyone working on currently?

Me, portable solar..
Ive been decking out my bug out camper trailer. running wiring, solar regulator etc so my 12V system can be charged. having issues with regulators but hopefully have sorted it.
Trying to make my camper as self sustainable, self reliant as possible.

-HVP
Not a whole lot atm. Just been researching a great many things that are prepping.

right now, I'm planning a menu for 2 weeks before I start stocking up my food supplies. I reckon eating the same menu for 2 weeks, allows some refresh so you don't get bored. In the past I've just bought whatever I felt I would eat or cheap but I realise that the missus is a fussy eater, so its probably better to plan the menu and recipes before I continue buying.

When the supermarket has sale on the various canned goods, I will make the purchase, sufficient for 2 weeks at a time. I'll probably stock up till I get about 3 months worth of food. Fishing and some foraging of vegetables around my neighbourhood will stretch it to 6 months or so. I have tons of Tilapia in the river next to my home :)

Slowly adding to our food storage room and building up our prepper business. We need more shelving and food but we will get there by staying proactive.

Currently, I'm putting together a GHB for my wife's truck tailored to her needs (and those of her usual passengers).

After the holidays, we're going to start prepping the garden for a Feb. planting. I'll need to put up fencing around it.
I also want to rig up two rain barrels that I could use to water it, in the event we lose power.

A covered addition and quail pen to my present chicken coup/ run . Researching raising quail and will locate a local breeder.

im mainly adding things to buy right now.and yes.i got sevral diffrent list of things to buy.my main concern right now is canning supplys and our primary shop list that we do at the begining of each month..i've started keeping 8 32oz containers in the van,so that means there's always 2 gallons of water there at all times.a guy wth hovaround came out yesterday.he replaced the battries seat both arm rest and 2 tries,in which i kept all the old ones.battires are still good.so it's a matter of comeing up with a idea for them.on acount i dont thing the recycle center pays more good battires..

We want to put in a chicken coup next spring. My wife wants to get them as chicks, whereas I would rather have egg-laying chickens from the get-go.

yeah.egg laying right off will start saveing money right off..where as geting chicks goes.you gotta wait how ever long you gotta wait before you get your first egg(s)..and to me,thats costly

yeah.egg laying right off will start saveing money right off..where as geting chicks goes.you gotta wait how ever long you gotta wait before you get your first egg(s)..and to me,thats costly

Exactly my argument....but she feels they will be more used to us, if we get them early. I simply don't care about that. I just want them to make eggs....

im planing on building some shelves in one cornner of the laundry room.but my mom says she rather have a cabnet with doors on it instead.now that can be a great idea if we can find one thats tall wide and deep enough for that cornner.that way we can have foods there.and they wont be seen when folks are going in and out of the house.
Hey Jim, you can always make shelving now, and then add doors on them later on. If your lucky enough you can find furniture at garage sales, like chests of drawers, for storage.

We want to put in a chicken coup next spring. My wife wants to get them as chicks, whereas I would rather have egg-laying chickens from the get-go.
I live in n ga., the chicken capital of the world! They raise birds here that are full size in 6 to 7 weeks. They have lights go on and off all through the night, and feed the hell out of their birds every time the lights go on. Apparently chickens go for breakfast every time they wake. Well, my birds aren't full size for almost a year, and close to that to lay eggs. On the good side, my birds are happy and healthy, and have a pretty good life. I suggest going to livestock auctions and getting birds that are a little bigger but still young. When they start laying you can incubate some eggs and increase your stock as desired. That way you can kind of have it both ways.

Latest posts

Back