Vehicle Insurance

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drt4lfe

Reaction score
I recently received my vehicle insurance email from Geico and it was $544 for six months, a full coverage policy, I thought that it was time to look around for a better price. I have used Geico for 15 years. Progressive quoted me $424 for basically same coverage so I decided to switch. I called Geico to cancel and phone rep., who I knew would try and give me a big please don't cancel talk asked me if I would give him one minute to make a counter offer, I said you have your minute. He came back with $287 for the same policy they wanted $544 for. I asked how can you quote me such a drop now ? why did Geico not send me my bill for $287 versus the $544 ? He said that Geico always posts online and with any info they send through the mail that all clients should call and ask for a better rate and few do, I said maybe Geico needs to be more specific in what they say online and through the mail, he naturally agreed....He called Progressive and we had a 3 way call and I cancelled the Progressive policy about 10 minutes after I got it....the Progressive rep. was very nice and professional and cancelled policy and emailed me my credit card would be credited back....this is one time making a phone call concerning insurance actually paid off.....Geico rep. assured me the new rate would not change in six months as long as my driving record stayed clean....It pisses me off that after 15 years of no claims that they would not have reduced my rate without me calling them to cancel...$544 to $287 to me is a big drop and just cements in my mind how big a ripoff insurance can be, but you gotta have it....I wonder how many other people are paying twice as much and should not be ?

all of the uk insurance companies increase renewal premiums by a few pounds every damn year and if you dont challenged them they keep doing it. My last renewal notice was nearly 400 pounds, did an online comparison and found the same company offering the same policy for 220 pounds

Latest posts

Back