Manual Meat Grinder

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought one of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

My folks used to use one for years (not this particular brand) that clamped onto a counter/table likek this, all metal parts. He mentions the one problem of tallow accumulating on the augur. Well, that happens with ALL grinders, folks. Did on my electric one, too. How often depends on how much sinew, tallow, and scriffin the meat has in it. You just open it up when it stops and clear the auger and path with a knife. Takes all of a minute. Used to use an electric one that was part of my Kitchenaid Kitchen Center counter appliance (predecessor to the new Kitchenaid mixers with a grinding attachment) to grind all my own pork and beef. Did so for years to save $$! I ended up giving it to my BIL and SIL though and never replaced it. But now would be a good time, don't you think? ;) I wanted to replace with one that requires no electricity and that is not a Chinese made as I've been burned on their "lasts-a-lifetime cast iron" tools before.

If you call up the reviews page (way down past the 'similar items) the third review titled "Excellent Value for the Price" is what persuaded me to choose this one. He/she clearly used it often and knew exactly how it performed with game and other meats. I'll test it out as soon as I can and report back my findings (if there's time before I bug out to a no-internet cabin and start using it, that is. LOL.

Last edited:
Excellent tool to make sure you have! Bought one similar a few years ago to have IF things ever got bad. For some reason I never thought our own government would kill Americans on purpose. Would have argued to the end over it. Now I am having a hard time accepting the government is going to starve us…but logically there aren’t any other reasons for the multitude of actions they have already taken. Anywho, I bought the one below for my oldest son and wife a couple of weeks ago. Also got them a good wheat/corn grinder and just recently got them a large pressure canner. Can’t have them doing without with this coming collapse.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4KHO18?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

They’ve tried the out and say it works really well!

Excellent tool to make sure you have! Bought one similar a few years ago to have IF things ever got bad. For some reason I never thought our own government would kill Americans on purpose. Would have argued to the end over it. Now I am having a hard time accepting the government is going to starve us…but logically there aren’t any other reasons for the multitude of actions they have already taken. Anywho, I bought the one below for my oldest son and wife a couple of weeks ago. Also got them a good wheat/corn grinder and just recently got them a large pressure canner. Can’t have them doing without with this coming collapse.

That's a really nice one! I funneled the most $$ on my manual grain grinder and laundry wringer. That hand clothes wringing is for the birds. But both are super sturdy heavy steel and/or cast iron and both STAY clamped where you put them. Worth every single penny. So many clamp on tools just won't stay put when they are operating and nothing makes me angrier.

Last edited:
Good place to get one is Antique or 2nd hand shops. I picked up 2 small ones for under $20. Don’t get it too rusty, they are a pain to clean up.
1897 was a popular year for Patent Dates.
I never see anything worth having at antique stores anymore. The owners pick over the best stuff and put it on eBay for a premium. The peddle their leftover crusty mess out of the store fronts. I just buy new now.

@Buttoni I run into the same problem when processing meat, mainly deer with the sinew. It gets wound up relatively quickly when grinding meat but as you say, it doesn't take but a minute to clean it out with a knife. I used to use my Kitchenaide grinder attachment but after I wore a part out and had to have a friend fix it we started using an actual meat saw/grinder made for processing. We do have one of those meat grinders that clamps down on the island, thanks to Granny. She had a wealth of gadgets that I use on a regular basis.

Looks very similar to the one that I inherited from my MIL. . . Hopefully the new ones can last as long as hers has. Can't go wrong with craftsmanship.

I used to buy them at garage sales for a $1 - only ones I buy now have to be set up for sausage making >>> ditto on the dumb shit "antique" pricing they try hanging on some of these kitchen common devices - I luv the expression on their faces when I ask about the missing hand crank - there goes their $25 dreams

handy target item to find used for pure manual butchering is meat saws - they are around and most of the time people have no idea what they are - think it's another obsolete wood saw - most saw blade lengths are standard and make buying extras or replacements eazy - some tree bow saw blades will sometimes work also ....

Last edited:
Not a meat grinder. But definitely a manual grain grinder. $10 at 2nd handshop.
The cat drags something useful home sometimes.
A281707C-EFEB-4ABC-92A2-314466C4CB9D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back