This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a back up plan for this place. 1K propane tank.. Heat, hot water, and furnace gen, run off propane. off a small gen with 6 circuits in the house. Enough to be livable. Fire place delivers zero heat As far as i am concerned.
New place wood stove should do 75% of it. Heat pump the same. Don’t think it will reach across the 1500 sq ft house too the bedroom though Bought a back up for both here and there For the bedroom, heat or AC.
Gonna miss that 1K tank,that was a year of fuel.
Do i buy a 500 or 250 tank, just to have the backup? Or go Greyman with a bunch of smaller tanks?

Get another big tank. Anything too small and people might decide they can try and steal them.

Watching the Grandson today . So didn't get a lot done . Little Daniel likes cutting wood .
20230909_103254.jpg
20230909_103335.jpg

Sooooo many tomatoes! Made two gallons of pasta sauce today. Roasted Big Jim green chili on the porch today. Peeled and steamed them, put 3 qts in the freezer.
I need your system! Ha. It took me all day just make a few and I'm still not through them all. We have probably half a bushel more we gathered today.
And I am now VERY ready for winter.

I get buckets and buckets of heirloom cherry tomatoes. I put them on a baking sheet with some olive oil and roast them till they split. Then, cook up some onion and italian spices and garlic in olive oil, throw it all in a huge pot, and let it cook all day. Cool it down, blend it up. Not too hard. We'll keep getting tomatoes for another month. Some in the freezer, some in the freeze dryer. The squash just finished. I got a good number of small sweet pumpkins, and already baked and processed those for pies this winter.

More and more my wife is buying into the lifestyle. She had herbs drying all over the house. I suggested getting a dehydrator. She researched and we got a freeze dryer delivered yesterday.
Today she she made picked peppers out of the garden peppers today. She is buying in.

More and more my wife is buying into the lifestyle. She had herbs drying all over the house. I suggested getting a dehydrator. She researched and we got a freeze dryer delivered yesterday.
Today she she made picked peppers out of the garden peppers today. She is buying in.
That is so wonderful! Hey, it took my Hunny awhile too, but he has been on board for a few years now.

I put another house on my property. That's 3 houses, 2 campers and 6 other buildings (garage, storage, tool shed, garden shed, fuel shed, barn) on the main property. Also a green house, 3 chicken coops only 1 in use. 2 rabbit hatches none in use.

Attachments

• 20231004_161140.jpg
    20231004_161140.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last weekend we had to pickup my wife’s outfitting her new workshop, 2-2x4 Stainless tables,2x2 table, 8ft commercial sink, and 36in commercial stove. She didn’t do bad, 10 cents on the dollar, example-commercial stove for $43.
Of course I am bearing the brunt getting it all cleaned up. At least the stove was already converted to propane. She is going to have a top of the line Canning/Cast Iron restoration room

I spent most of the day working on putting up the fencing for the new chicken run. Only got 100 feet done today, 200 feet more to go. Had to make a tool for stretching this wire.
View attachment 21167

2-2x4s, 3 long bolts with wing nuts, a tug em strap and winch. That’s how I made mine.

Latest posts

Back