This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixing up a rabbit cage a friend gave me.

I'm getting rabbits in December.

Attachments

• 20231121_153215.jpg
    20231121_153215.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Looks good PP. My dad put a fine wire mesh under the rabbit cages on a sharp angle from front to back to catch all the pellets they were dropping. The pellets would roll down or be shaken down into a rain gutter that was not screwed in or onto anything but just laying at the end of the wire mesh. The pee would just got thru the fine wire mesh and hit the ground and sink in, without the mixing of the pee and pellets: no smell.
He could pick up the rain gutter and dump the pellets into a sack or bucket for fertiliser.

About 8 weeks ago I told the guy at a hardware store that I was starting a building project that I wasn't sure that I could complete before the oil embargo , resulting in the prices unaffordable for about everything . However I wasn't going to be frozen in fear and not try . Luck has held and I put on the door handles this morning on my latest construction project " a log cabin " . People traveling down the dirt county road sometimes slow down or sometimes come to a complete stop to just sit there and stare . A couple of times individuals have gotten out of their vehicles to walk to the cabin for a closer look . The last person wanting a closer look was yesterday . --- I find it amusing that many folks are astonished , that this old white haired guy is physically capable of building such a thing and with such speed . Old folks have old ways and don't need heavy equipment , just a few simple tools and knowledge .

Last edited:
This past week I met with a beautiful Patriot Lady and traded for a pair of meat rabbits. I will now start rabbit meat production.

I also did some trading with another beautiful Patriot Lady and her Patriot son for some essential oils, prepper book, fresh fruit and candy.

Attachments

• 20231217_162000.jpg
    20231217_162000.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231217_162444.jpg
    20231217_162444.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
This past week I met with a beautiful Patriot Lady and traded for a pair of meat rabbits. I will now start rabbit meat production.

I also did some trading with another beautiful Patriot Lady and her Patriot son for some essential oils, prepper book, fresh fruit and candy.
Met with same beautiful Patriot lady and acquired a pair of New Zealand beauties! (Blue). Was lucky enough to get a scrumptious jar of hot pepper jelly and silver to boot from handsome Patriot fellow! Love our prepper families who have so much to offer!

Attachments

• 20231217_132421.jpg
    20231217_132421.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I am proud to see a couple of our members getting into raising rabbits . Unless someone is living in a city or some tight packed communist controlled neighborhood , I don't see much of an excuse for someone not having some type of animal or bird for food / survival . If someone is living in a spot that , makes such a thing unattainable , then they are living in an un-survivable location , when things go " Seriously Sideways " . -- Those nice neighbors some plan to trade with as if they will have something to trade , will not be an asset but instead a liability as their desperation to feed their families deepens . -- I look at the trading / bartering thing totally different . " I prepared " , so my plan is not to trade / barter with my neighbors , but instead view them as my enemy and prepared to engage them in combat . My choir today was tightening my security and getting a couple of things more secured , installing hasps accompanied with locks and keys .

Latest posts

Back