This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife‘s prep of the week for me.

IMG_0412.jpeg

Might not be a bol but I, like PP got another storage building on clearance...10x 20 size for us with outlets, conduit to run electric andcshelves, moving my canning stuff out of house to it, plus room to add some more!
Check auction sites or Craigslist etc for stoves and sinks.
My wife for less than 500 got an 8 ft stainless double sink, 36 inch commercial stove, 2 2x8 stainless tables for her Cast iron restoration /Canning room at the new place. She is going to have a pretty nice 12 x16 room once I can build it

Scored some different types of chemical, rain, tyvek, coverall type gear today. My brother is retired hazard material cleanup so he had all types of protective wear.

Some are large so my son can wear. Luckily they have badges on them telling for which disaster the are suited.

I know this post makes zero sense, just know that I got some protective gear.

I made an updated list today of priority prepper items we still need. I had forgotten about pest control (as in roaches and other), as well as rats and the like. In Fla. We can easily get run over with roaches in this wet, humid climate, especially with lots of stocked food, even in safe storage...it doesn't take much to get infested with roaches! I put that on priority list to stock up on! Termidor works great for us for roach and other bug deterrent. One bite and whatever ingredients it has in it works great for mice/rats around the chicken areas. Balls of Flour/baking soda/sugar as a back up, but hasn't proven AS effective for some reason after the first few rounds...seems like they started getting privvy to it and ignoring it...LOL

Anyway, don't forget about stocking up on these defense items!

BTW, I love buff and any other orpington chicken breed too! (Even though that question was posed for Arctic)..😁

I made an updated list today of priority prepper items we still need. I had forgotten about pest control (as in roaches and other), as well as rats and the like. In Fla. We can easily get run over with roaches in this wet, humid climate, especially with lots of stocked food, even in safe storage...it doesn't take much to get infested with roaches! I put that on priority list to stock up on! Termidor works great for us for roach and other bug deterrent. One bite and whatever ingredients it has in it works great for mice/rats around the chicken areas. Balls of Flour/baking soda/sugar as a back up, but hasn't proven AS effective for some reason after the first few rounds...seems like they started getting privvy to it and ignoring it...LOL

Anyway, don't forget about stocking up on these defense items!

BTW, I love buff and any other orpington chicken breed too! (Even though that question was posed for Arctic)..😁
Take care where you use One Bite. Since I used to sell this product- From company website-

Just One Bite EX products use bromethalin.
Just One Bite II products use bromadialone.
Rodentex products use diphacinone.

Rodentex ingredient has an antidote, vitamin K
Other two are a neuro toxin. No antidote. I only use in attic where the dogs can’t get.

We look out for the dogs and cats. I have a very short list of what I can use.

Artic , I don't want to sidetrack this thread but want to ask , considering the time of year and all , and I will be looking for more survival chickens in a few more months , what breed of chicken do you have ?
Right now we have 28 laying hens and a couple roosters. Last summer we raised ginger broilers for meat. For several years we raised Cornish X, but they don't do good at our elevation. The ginger broilers take a little longer to mature than the Cornish X but we don't lose any.
Our choice of laying hens were based on cold hardy type, good mothers, broody and good winter layers. We have Salmon Favrealls, lemon cuckoo Neiderhiners, Bielfelders, Dark Brahmas Red Star, Columbian Laced Wyandottes, Americaona and Black Astrlorps. There could be a few others that I forgot about. Over the years we had a lot of other breeds too.

Bred My New Zealand Blue Rabbitts today for the first time! I was a wreck and actually made my son take the doe out and put her in cage with the buck and I briskly walked (ran) away.

I also finally named them...Flossie and Roger! I know, I know, not too original, but the names seem to fit both. I have read not to name the kits, so gonna try and refrain from doing that, since I got them to produce for meat. Hopefully, Flossy is prego, will be a good mother. Set muy calendar for 28 days for the nest and hopefully by day 31 (or so) we will have offspring!

Bred My New Zealand Blue Rabbitts today for the first time! I was a wreck and actually made my son take the doe out and put her in cage with the buck and I briskly walked (ran) away.

I also finally named them...Flossie and Roger! I know, I know, not too original, but the names seem to fit both. I have read not to name the kits, so gonna try and refrain from doing that, since I got them to produce for meat. Hopefully, Flossy is prego, will be a good mother. Set muy calendar for 28 days for the nest and hopefully by day 31 (or so) we will have offspring!

I'm even more less original, my two are named Mama n Jack. Wow calf manna is expensive.

I'm working on getting a husky mix.in which I'll know if I'll get it or not this evening.shes 1 1/2 years old.which means I'll be able to teach her to listen to me only and all.i think that'll make a good prep in the long run. On account I'm thinking that she'll make a good gard dog.

I'm working on getting a husky mix.in which I'll know if I'll get it or not this evening.shes 1 1/2 years old.which means I'll be able to teach her to listen to me only and all.i think that'll make a good prep in the long run. On account I'm thinking that she'll make a good gard dog.
Good luck Jim. We had a husky years ago. Good dog, but they love to run. I hope you have a good fence, or a large area for her to run.

Good luck Jim. We had a husky years ago. Good dog, but they love to run. I hope you have a good fence, or a large area for her to run.
So true. A friend of mine owns one after enother. Actually his fence is about four meters high and one deep in the ground... And the little one stills finds ways to leave for a walk without permission.

Latest posts

Back