This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in pestlence? lol. Lets hope not.
Similar but unrelated Latin root words. Pestle comes from pistillum which the pistil of a flower (so I wasn't far off in my guess of the correct spelling since they both have same root). Pestilence comes from pestis which means deadly disease or plague.

LOL, I saw that and was looking for your new pistol in the picture. Then I realized what you were saying and I couldn't remember how to spell it either. I looked up "pistil" and it wasn't that so I looked up "mortar and" and let it fill out the rest.

It's "pestle."

I should correct that, but it’s too funny!

Just plan to do more hunting after surviving the BS AND SHTF....
I did some canning today with bread and butter pickles, got a new radial saw, batteries, nails, screws and a new flashight. Keep prepping family, live free, Gary
Last week the wife and I bought our hunting and fishing licenses. We also both got our deer, elk, bear, wolf, mt lion, turkey, muzzle loader, salmon and steelhead tags. Obviously we won't bag everything on the list but we should easily fill the freezer and the smoke house. Except for the salmon and steelhead, everything is found in abundance here on our property.

I know it's not much but Joann's had cotten fabric sells this last week. I did get a top quilt worth during the sales and using gift cards so didn't cost me a thing. Have to say the fabric choices are getting limited for my choice. Maybe I am just getting old.

Last week the wife and I bought our hunting and fishing licenses. We also both got our deer, elk, bear, wolf, mt lion, turkey, muzzle loader, salmon and steelhead tags. Obviously we won't bag everything on the list but we should easily fill the freezer and the smoke house. Except for the salmon and steelhead, everything is found in abundance here on our property.
Any salmon and steelhead on the neighbors place? We can make a run...

I know it's not much but Joann's had cotten fabric sells this last week. I did get a top quilt worth during the sales and using gift cards so didn't cost me a thing. Have to say the fabric choices are getting limited for my choice. Maybe I am just getting old.
Gee, I can picture you in a flannel shirt and jeans.
But that what I picture most of the female members in.
Except for AH, think she tries to fit in with her neighbors.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Ok...ok...I was wrong again! My nerves trying to count baby rabitts....wgen first born...there are 8! That's my final answer! Been checking them daily...week old today! (Well, I assume born last Tuesday night, were in nest by last Wed. Morn. l can confirm.
This picture is as of today, I took them out of nest, counted, confirmed all have full bellies, and moving to about jump out of my hand when picked up.

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok...ok...I was wrong again! My nerves trying to count baby rabitts....wgen first born...there are 8! That's my final answer! Been checking them daily...week old today! (Well, I assume born last Tuesday night, were in nest by last Wed. Morn. l can confirm.
This picture is as of today, I took them out of nest, counted, confirmed all have full bellies, and moving to about jump out of my hand when picked up.
Is the finale answer 7?

Just placed a order with 4 Patriots for some long term storage food .
I've heard about them for years . Didn't know they were out of Nashville .

I have a years worth for 4 people from them and a few more years from several other companies. All are comparable.

Latest posts

Back