This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find their shipping prices over the top. I ordered some seeds from them and the shipping got me...my mistake, somehow I didn't catch the shipping before I put order through, But after the fact. I could have sent those damn seeds anywhere in coutnty for less than $5bucks. Plus, I have yet to see zero harvest from any of those seeds. I have also ordered food from them...Meh! Personally, not crazy about them overall, so I don't order from them aymore. Hopefully, your experience is much better. Mileage may vary like everything else, but for me, personally, ...No!...Shipping 50% of the cost of the product...is hard NO for me.

Her is copy of the Victory seed order I placed back in 2002: đź–•
Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Victory Garden Seed Vault Kit - 9,919 seeds

Victory Garden Seed Vault1$29.95
Scroll for more items
Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$29.95
Shipping$14.95
TotalUSD $44.90

I find their shipping prices over the top. I ordered some seeds from them and the shipping got me...my mistake, somehow I didn't catch the shipping before I put order through, But after the fact. I could have sent those damn seeds anywhere in coutnty for less than $5bucks. Plus, I have yet to see zero harvest from any of those seeds. I have also ordered food from them...Meh! Personally, not crazy about them overall, so I don't order from them aymore. Hopefully, your experience is much better. Mileage may vary like everything else, but for me, personally, ...No!...Shipping 50% of the cost of the product...is hard NO for me.

Her is copy of the Victory seed order I placed back in 2002: đź–•
Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Victory Garden Seed Vault Kit - 9,919 seeds

Victory Garden Seed Vault1$29.95
Scroll for more items
Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$29.95
Shipping$14.95
TotalUSD $44.90
That's about what they charged for multiple food buckets . I don't order long term stuff very often . So I wasn't really concerned with it . They will go in storage and sit .

So I got the lights connected in the chicken coop. I then plugged the cord in to the inverter. Dang, I wired the plug backwards and ruined inverter #1. So I change the wires around and grab inverter #2. While I was connecting it to the battery I arced the positive/negative posts. Fried inverter #2. Got online and ordered inverter #3. It should be here on the 27th. I'm not an electrician.

So I got the lights connected in the chicken coop. I then plugged the cord in to the inverter. Dang, I wired the plug backwards and ruined inverter #1. So I change the wires around and grab inverter #2. While I was connecting it to the battery I arced the positive/negative posts. Fried inverter #2. Got online and ordered inverter #3. It should be here on the 27th. I'm not an electrician.
You go through almost as many inverters as I do, LOL

You go through almost as many inverters as I do, LOL
Turns out the inverters just needed to rest awhile and reset. They work fine now. I'll use the new inverter thats on order for the lights that I plan to install in the tool shed. I'll get another 110 watt panel and a deep cycle battery.

You may have gotton lucky and blown an internal fuse, open it up and have a look. But next time buy an inverter with reverse polarity and shortcut protection.

Out of curiosity, how do you stop these flooding from rain or groundwater?

If you have a high water table and you dig down too far, you can’t. Most folks dig water run=off ditches and channel the water around the root cellar. Using cement block is recommended for the walls. Coat those well with tar. Also coat the roof, plus put on a metal roof…draining in the right direction. Cover it with soil to insulate.

Latest posts

Back