This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got 2 more propane tanks for cooking/heating, the 11 chicks should be hatching today or tomorrow, the tandoori grill and pizza oven are almost finished and we are about to see the dent corn get harvested here so we can go and pick up that which the combines did not get so we can use it for chicken feed. Made 10 lbs of concord grapes into jelly, but something went wrong. It never hardened into jelly and is only a thicker juice. I will just mix it with seltzer water and drink it instead...put up 3 solar charged, infrared motion sensored LED lights on the terrasse, in front of the house and along the sidewalk for better illumination nights.

Still dealing with a living room and kitchen full of 5 gal buckets of garden produce. Got down to 25F the last 3 nights so we picked all we could earlier in the week and covered and turned sprinklers on the rest. Dehydrated 38 dehydrator trays of eggplant alone yesterday, plus another 14 trays of zuchinni and yellow squash. I’ve been cooking up the very ripe tomatoes overnight in a big crock pot and then putting them in big Tupperware canisters when they’ve cooled then into the deep freeze. Will can them up later in the month when I get the rest of the current produce dehydrated and canned. Have quail eggs in the incubator and will start milking my dairy cow next weekend if I can get the head gate to stay fixed.

Last edited:
I just got a new book.
Recommended by GeorgiaPeachie

Attachments

• 20231015_165945.jpg
    20231015_165945.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I picked up a trailer load of items including 3 20lb.Tanks filled of propane. 5 1pound tanks. A stainless steel table top propane grill. Fishing poles. Ropes. Chains. Tarps. Much more along with scrap metal and trash to take to the dump. I sold the scrap for $47.50 and took the trash to dump. Got all of the good stuff. All for cleaning out a ladies garage that's selling her house.

Today I went several places, many miles apart, and managed to buy a bunch of heirloom garden seeds. I got most of what I was looking for. Will still have to buy some on line. Since I already have many plastic containers of seeds, I really don’t need them. Wanting to make sure I have enough to share with unprepared folks and to trade.

What else did most Preppers get for their investments?

How about taking responsibility for one's own life and family away from the State?
How about re-looking at the direction of one's life and changing direction?

Don't forget prioritizing, a bold new way of looking at life and
the satisfaction of knowing you are in charge of yourself.

And perhaps a hellofa education!

Latest posts

Back