This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just ordered a buddy heater and 2 buddy heater lines,to go with the one heater that I already have.next month will be 20LB tanks.hope that I can come across some that can be used as trade in's.

Edit.. I'll be getting two 30LB tanks instead of 20LB'S. I'll also be getting gauges and shut off valves to go between the lines and the tanks. that'll keep the lines full while changing the tanks. And I'll be getting one more of each,if I have the money for them next month. I'm not use to not having central heat.but yet. I'm adapting.not half bad for a ole fart country person.lol.

Last edited:
I got my swedish wood burning stove back from loaning it out for the last year to someone who had NO heat at all in his house. Rechecked some stocks, gave some older away and re-plenished those again. Got another propane tank to cook, it will last about 6 months on my camping stove to cook with. Canned and canned/stored some garlic today in vinegar/salt/olive oil/red paprica powder and have another 20 lbs in the cellar now after drying it from the garden.

Scored a Coleman 425e in good shape for $15 that works. It’s meant for white gas but I tested it with pump gas, then dried everything out. Didn’t need it but thought they were the coolest thing in Walmart 40 years ago and it probably was.
I converted one to run on pump gas. Just find the corresponding duel fuel model and swap out the valve assembly and generator. Old Coleman parts is a great place for parts.

I got zero prepping done today other than spent a short time searching online for land for sale for a possible BOL in TN, KY, GA, or ...

Larry's sick again, I'm sure if he ends up at doctor they will say covid. Started out sore throat yesterday, runny nose, today feels bad and in bed most of the day. We spent much of last 3 days picking up debri, tree limbs off property from the storm. Was gonna burn all the debri/limbs but it's been too windy. So I mowed today and did laundry. Didn't get all the mowing done, but got several acres knocked out. Back to regular job tomorrow... Did a little canning yesterday, so whole weekend wasn't a total bust for prepping.

I have had the central heat go out a few times in the dead of winter, either through power outage or the blower failing. I now have enough Buddy heaters to heat the whole house. On the Big Buddy which has two burners, you can hook up two tanks.
BE really careful of O2 depletion and carbon monoxide!!!CO

I have a back up plan for this place. 1K propane tank.. Heat, hot water, and furnace gen, run off propane. off a small gen with 6 circuits in the house. Enough to be livable. Fire place delivers zero heat As far as i am concerned.
New place wood stove should do 75% of it. Heat pump the same. Don’t think it will reach across the 1500 sq ft house too the bedroom though Bought a back up for both here and there For the bedroom, heat or AC.
Gonna miss that 1K tank,that was a year of fuel.
Do i buy a 500 or 250 tank, just to have the backup? Or go Greyman with a bunch of smaller tanks?

I got zero prepping done today other than spent a short time searching online for land for sale for a possible BOL in TN, KY, GA, or ...

Larry's sick again, I'm sure if he ends up at doctor they will say covid. Started out sore throat yesterday, runny nose, today feels bad and in bed most of the day. We spent much of last 3 days picking up debri, tree limbs off property from the storm. Was gonna burn all the debri/limbs but it's been too windy. So I mowed today and did laundry. Didn't get all the mowing done, but got several acres knocked out. Back to regular job tomorrow... Did a little canning yesterday, so whole weekend wasn't a total bust for prepping.
Sorry to hear L is not doing well. Mine has been feeling well lately and i just does what she wants, I just put what I want to get done aside to keep peace.

BE really careful of O2 depletion and carbon monoxide!!!CO
The Buddy heaters have an O2 sensor that shuts them off if the oxygen gets low. I have CO monitors all over the house and a handheld CO meter because my old gas furnace had a crack in the heat exchanger. They've never detected any CO while using the Buddy heaters.

This looks like a very nice drying rack. Does anyone have one like this they’ve used? I picked up a smaller one years ago, for just in case, but this one would hold far more pieces of laundry.

View attachment 14232
I bought this one after I had to string rope all over the House to dry laundry after our dryer died.

Latest posts

Back