This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my stored food inventory. More than I thought. Looks like we have enough food stored for 30-33 months for our group of 12 adults and 2 children. Not including what ever about half the group brings with them. That's not including what we will hunt, trap, catch and grow.

Made a new batch of CDS.

Finished my stored food inventory. More than I thought. Looks like we have enough food stored for 30-33 months for our group of 12 adults and 2 children. Not including what ever about half the group brings with them. That's not including what we will hunt, trap, catch and grow.

Made a new batch of CDS.
How long does the CDS store?

Made a new batch of CDS.
You can’t have too much with the way things are looking, food is going to to get scarce .

Attachments

• 20230325_164338.jpg
    20230325_164338.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I just dug out and tamped a foundation for our next shed, inspired by @Proud Prepper

I don't mean to brag, but dang it, I am proud of myself! Every day I'm getting stronger. I'll probably have some blisters tomorrow and no doubt I'll get an earful dor overdoing it when my husband gets home, but I'll sleep well!

I just dug out and tamped a foundation for our next shed, inspired by @Proud Prepper

I don't mean to brag, but dang it, I am proud of myself! Every day I'm getting stronger. I'll probably have some blisters tomorrow and no doubt I'll get an earful dor overdoing it when my husband gets home, but I'll sleep well!
Good for you. Hard work always feels good, just try not to overdo for awhile.
I'm looking forward to construction season here. It's still a ways out. We have snow over to top of our fence posts in places. Speaking of fences, I'm going to pull out about 2 miles of old cross fencing this summer.

I would loved to see before and after pictures of the tool box.
Will have to be a during and final. Got the first layer of JD green spray paint off and it has a reddish stain. Thinking I am going to change course and do a crackle paint.
Hey a $20 coffee table and saving an old tool box.

Good for you. Hard work always feels good, just try not to overdo for awhile.
I'm looking forward to construction season here. It's still a ways out. We have snow over to top of our fence posts in places. Speaking of fences, I'm going to pull out about 2 miles of old cross fencing this summer.
It really doesn't melt off after it snows for awhile there, does it?

It really doesn't melt off after it snows for awhile there, does it?
We've had snow on the ground since October. It's only been above freezing a few times since then too. When the sun comes out this time of year there's enough heat in it to melt off parts of the road.
We usually have patches of snow here until May. When I start repairing the fence I'll start on the lowest elevation on the west line and follow the snow line as it melts up to the higher elevations.

I have to say that you are doing AMAZING!!! Such a comeback from what you’ve been through! :woohoo:😍

A few weeks ago my wife bought an antique wooden tool box for me to turn into a coffee table. Inside was a hand drill bit set. Picked up a hand drill to go with them.
One of the items i treasure is my grandfathers antique tool box full of original antique tools!!! Ill never get rid of them!

One of the items i treasure is my grandfathers antique tool box full of original antique tools!!! Ill never get rid of them!
Had my Grandfather’s brace and bit drill set. Honestly haven’t seen it in years, know I wouldn’t have gotten rid of it. These tools will still work after TEOTWAWKI. Kind of why I posted it in this thread to get people thinking.
Still use my other grandfathers roofing hammer. Leather handle, covered with paint. He was a house painter.

Latest posts

Back