This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The farm boys around here would love to trap those pigeons. They get a buck a head for them. My favorite cousin's grandson set up pigeon raising in the upstairs of their barn. The boys love to ask permission to come shine lights in the barns at night to find more.

do a little more >> can't always guarantee that a pop-up SHTF will begin at our convenience - no BOB or GHB available - no Cabelas or Bass Pro handy >>> do a mental improvising game going thru these chain store locations - see what they have for quik grab that can keep you going ....
I totally refuse to shop at Cabelas or Bass Pro, WAY to expensive! Even there stuff on sale is more than Academy Sports regular price.

The farm boys around here would love to trap those pigeons. They get a buck a head for them. My favorite cousin's grandson set up pigeon raising in the upstairs of their barn. The boys love to ask permission to come shine lights in the barns at night to find more.

the old timers all had pigeon roosting boxes in the barn gable ends - could pull the squabs and eggs out when they wanted some cheap protein - snap the covers over the entrance holes if they wanted the adults trapped ....

For this weeks preps I did a lot. Not for me though. I bought generators for a few family members as well as gas cans and lots of oil. Bought others solar chargers for batteries...as well as the batteries. Did buy some backup solar components for our solar system. Am putting them in EMP safe bags.

Trying to find a weapon for another family member far away from us.

I scored some 2 3/4 oo buck shot , two big bottles of tiki torch fuel and older lead nose 22 rounds for free from a couple going into a retirement home. Been customers of mine for 22+ years , I really hate to see them go but we all going to get to that point someday.

tiki torches and wick pots don't get enough prepper attention - cheap perimeter lighting - you can salvage gallons of petro based fuel from abandoned vehicles .....

Got a Limb Saver recoil pad for a shotgun.

I am a BIG fan of recoil pads. Have one on my 9mm carbine, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7.62 x 39 and even on my 223 Wylde. Call me a wimp but I think reducing recoil even on light shooting calibers can only improve your trigger control and accuracy. I will guarantee I will have a recoil pad on my shotgun. Good move Oddcaliber.

I just saw last night where a Texas court busted Cheaper than dirts butt for price gouging, they have been ordered to pay back to the consumer all money charged over pre COVID pricing on ammo. At least one court is doing what they are paid to do.
I dont plan on ever buying from Cheeper Than Dirt again, They totally took advantage of the price gouging!!!

Stocked up my 32 lb. recurve with some 15 lb. limbs and laminated them together with duct tape. Running the bow now around 47-48 lbs. Gonna try to get the fox on the ranch nearby which has been bugging the sheep and cattle newborns lately. The owner loves my carbon arrows with 3 razor tips. He shoots from a galloping horse at targets in his "Pusta-cowboy" programs in the summer and wants me to sell them to him....not much of a chance tho. Only got about 8 hours of daylight and can't get much done with my garden yet.

Latest posts

Back