This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you run the Colemans on vehicle fuel - best to use the ethanol blends as % high as possible - adding in some carburetor cleaner helps keep the generators from clogging - the cleaner can also help by soaking the generator and loosing up the build-up ....
Thanks for the input, guess i'll try it out. Myself i let run my Coleman Burners and my Coleman catalytique heater with alkylate gasoline. The reason is simply about the costs. One litre Coleman-fuel costs around 19 - 20ChF over here. For 15 bucks i buy 5 litre of this alkylate gasoline and it runs perfectly even above 1400 Meters and by frozen temperatures.

I was at today Weapons Dealers of my trust.
He recommended Top Shot 7.5x55mm cartridges to me once, well I bought 50 pieces from enen for my K31 and of course other things. I can't recommend the Top Shot cartridges that much, good, the price wasn't bad, but the cartridges are a little rough and don't look as good as the original cartridges. At 100 meters you are guaranteed to hit a Target Disc, at 300 meters or more I have my doubts as to whether the cartridges are good, but if necessary I still have original army cartridges from 1957 and 1975 in stock, they still work and are very precise .

Thanks for the input, guess i'll try it out. Myself i let run my Coleman Burners and my Coleman catalytique heater with alkylate gasoline. The reason is simply about the costs. One litre Coleman-fuel costs around 19 - 20ChF over here. For 15 bucks i buy 5 litre of this alkylate gasoline and it runs perfectly even above 1400 Meters and by frozen temperatures.

if you can find it - the perfect fuel is high purity naptha - which is what Coleman fuel is with a few additives ....

interesting enough we have a religious sect << Amish >> that originated and immigrated from Switzerland - they maintain a non-modern society and bulk buy the naptha for most of their fuel needs ....

Yeah so far i know about the history of the amish people and i'm full of respect they still go ahead with their lifestyle even it would be harder by every year of globalism.
BTW, if i hear them talking i understand a lot, even it's an kind of old german which isn't really spoken over here anymore. some expressions are completely different today ;)

Our son is the same way. He speaks german pretty well, and he can understand some of the Pennsylvanian Dutch spoken here. Many expressions are newer. The amish here today were descendants from amish that left Switzerland by boat, one boat in the 1700's and one in the 1800's. The rest were killed. My family line came with the first boat.

The Amish have a very good advantage, EMP or Blackout cannot harm Inen, and technically they are the top, they are really crisis-resistant and could well master an economic crash in the world themselves, these people have my respect. I only see one problem if you were attacked by violent armed gangs, I hope you have the means to defend yourself.

Believe me, it is better for the Amish that you are not here, here you would be harassed and arrested by the authorities for depriving your children of "the values of western democracy" in which your children have no I-phone and no electricity would have to live and that you would have your own school system. Their children would be taken away from the Amish and put in homes and their parents would be arrested because they grow grain and vegetable seeds in the field from old crops and previous year's plants because they contradict the genetic engineering companies and legal provisions. The Amish would do very well to go on living their lives as you have done so far and to hold your country in honor, you are ahead of us in many ways and honorable people.

I can defend myself, and my amish family members. I know they would use avoidance as a defense, but they would never kill another human being. I'm not amish, but am a Christian anabaptist.

Having grown up near Amish folks I have always had a great respect for them. Was raised a branch of the Quakers myself. My large extended family are not against weapons or defending ourselves. Very much the opposite.

The Amish have a very good advantage, EMP or Blackout cannot harm Inen, and technically they are the top, they are really crisis-resistant and could well master an economic crash in the world themselves, these people have my respect. I only see one problem if you were attacked by violent armed gangs, I hope you have the means to defend yourself.

contrary to popular belief - the Amish have guns - whether they'd defend themselves is another story .....

Hunny made me a new milking area for my girls in the new part of the goat barn. Still needs to add in a shelf or two.

Attachments

• IMG_20201231_140414_01.jpg
    IMG_20201231_140414_01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
Yes, the amish do have guns, and most like to hunt. And most live on farms, and there are uses for guns on farms. My family here are Old Order Amish, and they interpret the commandment to not kill as just that. Some people will argue that it really means to not murder, but they don't believe in killing. That being said, there are many in the community that are not amish and would defend them. I am one of those. I tell my favorite cousin that I'll just aim for the knees and wouldn't be killing anyone in front of her. Knees are ok evidently. We just had a large basement dug, so we have a huge mtn of dirt to put somewhere and will be setting it up as a shooting berm. I'm sure some of our family will be over to do some plinking,

Yes, the amish do have guns, and most like to hunt. And most live on farms, and there are uses for guns on farms. My family here are Old Order Amish, and they interpret the commandment to not kill as just that. Some people will argue that it really means to not murder, but they don't believe in killing. That being said, there are many in the community that are not amish and would defend them. I am one of those. I tell my favorite cousin that I'll just aim for the knees and wouldn't be killing anyone in front of her. Knees are ok evidently. We just had a large basement dug, so we have a huge mtn of dirt to put somewhere and will be setting it up as a shooting berm. I'm sure some of our family will be over to do some plinking,

I had to load the wife's 9mm handgun with the first two round being snake loads. She hopes to scare the bad guys off. I did make a mistake in the count and only the first round is a snake load. Oh, oops.

Since the 6th and 20th are getting close, I'm feeling an increased need to top off some preps. The Covid closures took down some of my household products. Disinfectants, TP, . I do have lots of alcohol and peroxide for wounds, etc. I canned some sterilized water for wounds. I need to run over my lists to see what I need to get this week.

Just remembered I need to stock up on pet food, chicken food and sugar for bees. Just typing this is kicking in the brain cells.

Does everyone have a space designated to hide gun, ammo, knives and other weapons if they were deemed illegal? I'm struggling with this one. I need them accessible, but not obvious to the storm troopers. Of course, I would always keep one or two where I could grab fast. I also need someplace where moisture and dirt wouldn't be problematic.

Latest posts

Back