This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also take good care of my gasoline lanterns, although they are not Coleman, they are something very similar from the Swiss Army. In a box there are two of them with spare parts and fuel, with one liter of gasoline you have around 200 watts of light for 8 hours and there is still nice heat. These lamp boxes are really very good and robust, except a little heavy, but if there is an emergency I have around 10 boxes to sell if I still have time for them.

P1010934.JPG P1010935.JPG

The lamps run on gasoline 95, or here the variety is called unleaded 95 or 98.
But you can't run the lamps on diesel, actually you can, but the carburetors get clogged.
There were already conversions to Burning fuel, our neighbors in Germany run the lamps with petrol because you have panic before gasoline, but these Swiss lamps are suitable for gasoline.

Petromax lamps have the advantage that you can dismantle and clean the carburetor, you can clean everything on the lamp and if you are a little technically gifted you can repair the lamps yourself. I have built up a spare parts store for the last 10 years, from which point I have enough parts and around 12 complete boxes of these lamps. If you have bad guys who want to catch you, you can also use such a burning lamp as a projectile, but then I don't want to be the one standing nearby.

New PCP air rifle arrives tomorrow. I will test it out a little bit on Saturday, before the range opens to the public. The following week I will try and get some calibration and accuracy testing done, for each pellet weight. For now, it will just be good to get some trigger time in again. Save the bullets / ammo for when really needed.

CTD been known to gouge people for years (since 2012), I haven't used them since 2012

Also..

Many years ago I logged onto CTD to check out their ammo prices. Wow! Their company name is really false advertising. I have never bought from them because I can find much cheaper ammo elsewhere.

I saw where they have been court ordered to pay customers back all money that has been charged over pre pandemic price in Texas, hope they do it everywhere, put these people out of business for good. They do this every time we have a ammo supply shortage just because they can and people are stupid enough to pay it. I will never spend a cent with people that treat consumers like that.

Latest posts

Back