This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was doing some drivers training in Munich, Germany. After work, walking around the town, in a little, family run Chinese import shop with all kinds of electronics and the usual stuff. Some a bit childish, some unknown and, like the flashlight, really cool....here is a pic of the box it came in and the tag on the back of the box. Maybe you can check around and find it on the internet and order one...or maybe 34 and sell them to your friends with a small markup????? Gary:pView attachment 11610
Sounds like a winner, just may do that! A little extra cash always comes in handy.

Mmmmm, Harbor Freight! I go to Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply and just walk around and look at all the stuff. I have things from both that I didn't really need, but I have them if I need them!:cool:

do a little more >> can't always guarantee that a pop-up SHTF will begin at our convenience - no BOB or GHB available - no Cabelas or Bass Pro handy >>> do a mental improvising game going thru these chain store locations - see what they have for quik grab that can keep you going ....

i took someone shopping two days ago. And took advantage of the situation.
bought a 24 pack of toilet paper. Six rolls of paper towel.and 8 boxes of Kleenex. And more food.
Toilet paper hasnt disappeared here but it is scarce and limited to one pack per customer again. It’s always a good thing to have some extra.

I added a 150 rounds of 57x28 for my new Ruger pistol , a new cleaning kit and a couple years worth of bore cleaner and gun oils of different varieties . We picked up a bunch of canned good , coffee, multiple drink mixes and toiletries as well.

You just need the FN P90 to go with that superb ammo choice :)

I added a 150 rounds of 57x28 for my new Ruger pistol , a new cleaning kit and a couple years worth of bore cleaner and gun oils of different varieties . We picked up a bunch of canned good , coffee, multiple drink mixes and toiletries as well.
I looked while at Walmart at the ammo case. Not a single shell of any caliber! I had heard murmurs about ammo shortages but didn’t expect to see ZERO supplies. Luckily I have enough.

I just bottled the last ten gallons of last years wines. I have 5 gallons of this years still settling out and have about 30gallons of this years grapes in the freezer. Come depression, civil unrest, solar flares or zombies, at least I will still Have my nightly glass of wine! Likely good as a barter item in tough times too.

I also needed to replace a coax cable in my house today. It’s a whole lot easier when your building and don’t have Sheetrock up yet! I had to drill thru floors, snake it behind a tub, around a water heater and through two walls. Success at last! I had some kind of interference on the line in the wall so had to bypass it. Can’t believe how much nicer it is to watch a clear tv again.
I don’t know if this has a lot to do with prepping but it was on my to do list for too long, am glad it’s done!

The ammo shortage and extravagant pricing made me shift away from normal range visits. As soon as the new PCP air rifle gets here, I will be back to trigger time. I do have plenty of ammo for all my rifles / handguns but I am not going to waste my supply on paper targets. I will work on sub-MOA groups with the pellet rifle. Trigger control, breathing, and shot placement is the same for an Air Rifle as it is for a firearm. Do your job and the weapon will do it's job. I can always use a very quite 22 caliber pellet to pick off a few of the roaming turkeys, here about.

Don't need to go to the range, the ranch owner asked me to come and eliminate the hundreds of pigeons eating his pigs corn, crapping on his ranch and making a mess of things. Get enough target practice. Only with a .177 single-cock pellet rifle and a maximum effective range of about 40 meters, you have to be sneaky, quiet and a good (or lucky) shot....

Don't need to go to the range, the ranch owner asked me to come and eliminate the hundreds of pigeons eating his pigs corn, crapping on his ranch and making a mess of things. Get enough target practice. Only with a .177 single-cock pellet rifle and a maximum effective range of about 40 meters, you have to be sneaky, quiet and a good (or lucky) shot....
Sounds like fun! Do you have a good pigeon recipe? :)

Latest posts

Back