The forgotten items list

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not to give it to fish that will be consumed.
The stuff is for fish (goldfish or guppies) that should live but not be eaten...Antibiotics are not good for food supplies.
Potassium Permanganate is good for fish water if they are having a scale and slime problem. (just makes the water purple)
PP is also good for starting fires with glycerin or powdered sugar.
PP is also good for explosives if done right. Careful lads.
PP is also used to clean water for drinking. Use carefully and very little is also effective if for drinking water, like a pinch for a gallon. GP

The fish mox said for fish only. It also said not to give it to fish that will be consumed.

Am I looking at the wrong stuff?
I have a friend that got a ear,nose,throat infection. Gave her some and within 2-days, it was gone with the use of the antibiotics. It's important to figure out if you have a bacterial infection or a viral infection because you don't want to overuse them. I would gladly take Fishmox in an emergency and situation where we don't have access to a doctor or pharmacy. Speaking of, has anybody read the online book called, Where There Is No Doctor? I think there is also a second one called, Where There Is No Dentist. I printed the pdf (s)and put in a a 3-ring binder as part of my preps. If you haven'tr read it, I highly recommend it.

I have a friend that got a ear,nose,throat infection. Gave her some and within 2-days, it was gone with the use of the antibiotics. It's important to figure out if you have a bacterial infection or a viral infection because you don't want to overuse them. I would gladly take Fishmox in an emergency and situation where we don't have access to a doctor or pharmacy. Speaking of, has anybody read the online book called, Where There Is No Doctor? I think there is also a second one called, Where There Is No Dentist. I printed the pdf (s)and put in a a 3-ring binder as part of my preps. If you haven'tr read it, I highly recommend it.

I have both those books in print. They are invaluable during times of no doctors available!

I keep the Fishmox on hand for the goats but I have been known to take it on rare occasions. I get UTIs maybe onec every 5 yrs and it saves me a trip to the doctor. Mom called a couple years ago to ask me what I would use for her UTI. She thought I was crazy when I told her to look at a feed store, but she was on vacation at the time.

Well all right. How do you adjust the dosage?

I keep the Fishmox on hand for the goats but I have been known to take it on rare occasions. I get UTIs maybe onec every 5 yrs and it saves me a trip to the doctor. Mom called a couple years ago to ask me what I would use for her UTI. She thought I was crazy when I told her to look at a feed store, but she was on vacation at the time.

Well all right. How do you adjust the dosage?
I take 2 pills for the first dose, then 1 every 8 hours. After I feel the infection gone, I still take about 3 days worth after to make sure. Do not take more than 7 days worth and seek doctor if problems persist. I've never had it happen, but who knows. I think it's normally about 3 days for me, 4 max. Usually after 1st dose I feel better.

Okay. According to Dr Joseph Alton of Doom and Bloom in my book, The Survival Medicine Handbook 2nd Addition.

Amoxicillin \fish mox\fish mox forte is useful in usage for abscesses and infections in skin or soft tissue. The usual dosage for an adult is 500 mg three times a day for 10 days.

The Fish Mox is 250 mg and Fish mox Forte 500 mg.

Back