The forgotten items list

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have Tang here. Almost forgotten what that was. Lots of exotic tea here tho. Marocco Mint, Indian peach, Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, Cinnamon Winter fantasy...With honey or brown sugar. We even have tea which you make with cold water. While backpacking or camping, cold water, 5 min. and drink it cold! GP

Here you go guys come and drink this Coolaid its good for you, come on step forward its a drink you will die for..... Mwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

I use mio type water flavorings. That way I can just always drink water.

The only time I get real worried, is when I go to the store about every 3 days. (just to backfill anything we used).

I'm assuming the stores will always stay open, but who knows. I get worried though, as they are still very, very empty on a lot of things, and I'm going right when they open (and keeping about 10 ft away from everyone while doing so). I usually manage to get what I'm looking for, but being limited to 1 lb of ground beef, or 1 unit of eggs (and all they had was half a dozen packs), is a bit ridiculous and a bit worrisome.

Miss my chickens. Think I'm going to go ahead and get more again. I always had eggs then.

At least I can finally get to the GARDEN!!!

Since no one is going broody, I may have to buy chicks. I hate to do that. Hatching them is so much cleaner and less messy. I tore down my chick apartment so I don't have a place for them to properly acclimate to their elders and vise versa.

We don't have Tang here. Almost forgotten what that was. Lots of exotic tea here tho. Marocco Mint, Indian peach, Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, Cinnamon Winter fantasy...With honey or brown sugar. We even have tea which you make with cold water. While backpacking or camping, cold water, 5 min. and drink it cold! GP
Yes to all the tea! I remembered I had forgotten tea (I only had a few different kinds and not very much of them) so I went and picked up some more. I have multiple types of honey from different places to put in my tea too.

Not forgotten but..... I have a crown on my tooth that feels like it is an exposed nerve. May be getting infected.

All dentists are closed and I probably need a root canal.

I should try to get some antibiotics to add to my preps for next time. I can vacuum seal them for freshness.

I may be getting a fever and of course they would put me down with Covid19 even if that's not the reason.

Not forgotten but..... I have a crown on my tooth that feels like it is an exposed nerve. May be getting infected.

I should try to get some antibiotics to add to my preps for next time. I can vacuum seal them for freshness.

I may be getting a fever and of course they would put me down with Covid19 even if that's not the reason.

Robin I am sorry to hear you are hurting. Start rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide and order some Amoxicillin. It is the very same medication you get from the pharmacy. It’s not expensive.

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collections/amoxicillin-fish-antibiotics

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collections/metronidazole-fish-zole-fish-antibiotics

Here is a website with a physician telling about the fish antibiotics.

https://www.doomandbloom.net/which-antibiotics-to-have-for-survival-settings/

Last edited:

if it is an infection you can get Amoxicillin at most feed stores

I don't really see how it can be infected since the pain initially started the day I got the crown. Surely there wasn't infection.

It feels like an exposed nerve. The pain went away for a few weeks then I bit down on something hard and its been painful ever since.

Maybe it is infected and I will keep your ideas in mind. We definitely need to have a supply on hand in case of another shutdown. I have a doctor that will give me extra when he gets back to work.

I don't really see how it can be infected since the pain initially started the day I got the crown. Surely there wasn't infection.

It feels like an exposed nerve. The pain went away for a few weeks then I bit down on something hard and its been painful ever since.

Maybe it is infected and I will keep your ideas in mind. We definitely need to have a supply on hand in case of another shutdown. I have a doctor that will give me extra when he gets back to work.
I have gotten amoxicillin and penicillin to have on hand over at Tractor Supply. Our smaller feed stores don't carry them but you never know. You are in a different area. It does sound like an exposed nerve. . . I normally take 2 for first dose then 1 every 8 hrs.

Cleaning out a chimney is pretty simple. I do it a couple times a year. Just buy the right sized brush and enough sections to reach from the top of your chimney to your wood stove.
Just be careful on the roof. Last winter I fell off my roof. But with over 6 feet of snow on the ground I didn't have too far to fall.
I called a chimney sweep a few days ago to get my wood-stove pipe cleaned. It will cost $200.00 and he can't come until some restrictions are lifted. He said he has to come inside the house to clean the double wall pipe and stove. Something about the reverse cleaning works with gravity to pull the soot to the stove where it's vacuumed up. I always thought they just got up on top of the roof and cleaned it by taking off the cap. I'm scared of heights and have a steep pitch on my metal roof so I think I will just pay.

I called a chimney sweep a few days ago to get my wood-stove pipe cleaned. It will cost $200.00 and he can't come until some restrictions are lifted. He said he has to come inside the house to clean the double wall pipe and stove. Something about the reverse cleaning works with gravity to pull the soot to the stove where it's vacuumed up. I always thought they just got up on top of the roof and cleaned it by taking off the cap. I'm scared of heights and have a steep pitch on my metal roof so I think I will just pay.
For $200 you could buy the tools you need and do it yourself, and have money left over. No need to have some snoppy asshole in your house.
With a steep pitch roof it would a good idea to tie yourself off to something. Or even add a roof ladder that hooks over the peak.

Robin I am sorry to hear you are hurting. Start rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide and order some Amoxicillin. It is the very same medication you get from the pharmacy. It’s not expensive.

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collections/amoxicillin-fish-antibiotics

https://fishmoxfishflex.com/collections/metronidazole-fish-zole-fish-antibiotics

Here is a website with a physician telling about the fish antibiotics.

https://www.doomandbloom.net/which-antibiotics-to-have-for-survival-settings/
Fishmox ingredients on the label says 250 milligrams of amoxicillin. ..that's it.
Pretty sure my senior cat had a UTI because he kept going to different litter boxes trying to pee and was only very little. Anyways, I found the recipe to treat cats with UTIs on the Internet. Fixed him right on up with evaporated milk dissolved amoxicillin 250 mgs. 2.5 CC 3X per day for 7 days.
I ordered mine from a vet store in California a few years back and also have some from an online India pharmacy.

For $200 you could buy the tools you need and do it yourself, and have money left over. No need to have some snoppy asshole in your house.
With a steep pitch roof it would a good idea to tie yourself off to something. Or even add a roof ladder that hooks over the peak.
I felt my stomach flip just reading your comment about getting on the roof and tying myself off.
Only scared of two things and they are heights and snakes.

I felt my stomach flip just reading your comment about getting on the roof and tying myself off.
Only scared of two things and they are heights and snakes.
Many years ago I worked as an iron worker on high jobs, mostly mining. I was scared to death of heights. It would take me about 2 days to get over my fear and then I'd be running around on 6" I beams 200' off the ground. That was before fall protection devises. But for the first couple days I'd be crawling around on the beams like a scared little girl.

I have a crown on my tooth that feels like it is an exposed nerve. May be getting infected.
Can you order or get any clove oil? Crush a pain pill, mix a drop or two of olive oil with it into a paste and smear it on the gums inside and outside of the tooth and let it soak in a bit. Or, a half swallow of whiskey and hold it on that side of your mouth with your head cocked to one side a bit, the alcohol will numb the gums a bit. GP

Can you order or get any clove oil? Crush a pain pill, mix a drop or two of olive oil with it into a paste and smear it on the gums inside and outside of the tooth and let it soak in a bit. Or, a half swallow of whiskey and hold it on that side of your mouth with your head cocked to one side a bit, the alcohol will numb the gums a bit. GP

AND if that does not work, repeat the alcohol treatment until you can't feel the tooth OR much of anything else. :D Yes I am in one of those moods. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back