The forgotten items list

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning out a chimney is pretty simple. I do it a couple times a year. Just buy the right sized brush and enough sections to reach from the top of your chimney to your wood stove.
Just be careful on the roof. Last winter I fell off my roof. But with over 6 feet of snow on the ground I didn't have too far to fall.

Cor Blimey govnor thats the hard way, Just get yourself an orphan brat about 8 year old and send him up the chimney wif a brush :)

I think people overlook powdered Tang and lemonade mixes.

Gives a break from plain water and Tang has vitamin C. IT'S WHAT THE ASTRONAUTS DRINK

Flat Coca Cola is an ideal replacement for electrolite mixes like Diorolite. Great for restoring the bodies electrolytic balance in people with gastro problems.

Last edited:
Next item that I wish I had more of....... Books. TV is getting very boring. I watch very little TV and mostly YouTube videos. I am rereading some of my favorite (and in some cases not so favorite) books. I think I will be ordering a number of books just to have something to do during the evenings.

I may even consider rereading the "Game of Thrones" series but I know when I get to the end, I would be mad at Martin for leaving the story unfinished.

Martin said that is what he's going to do during his quarantine

Flat Coca Cola is an ideal replacement for electrolite mixes like Diorolite. Great for restoring the bodies electrolytic balance in people with gastro problems.

The syrup stuff they give you at pharmacy for stomach issues is the same as cola syrup. The pharmacist told me to save my money and buy a coke and let it go flat

Nutella ! Didn't even think of it till everyone started talking about it.

My late mother in law complained for 70 years about my father in law not wanting sugar in his coffee until they rationed it during the war.
I ordered two jars of it for my wife with the order to pu tomorrow! I think it’s ok but sweets aren’t my weakness in life. If I could have stored one thing it would have been a truck load of chicken and red beans and rice from Popeyes!

I use mio type water flavorings. That way I can just always drink water.

The only time I get real worried, is when I go to the store about every 3 days. (just to backfill anything we used).

I'm assuming the stores will always stay open, but who knows. I get worried though, as they are still very, very empty on a lot of things, and I'm going right when they open (and keeping about 10 ft away from everyone while doing so). I usually manage to get what I'm looking for, but being limited to 1 lb of ground beef, or 1 unit of eggs (and all they had was half a dozen packs), is a bit ridiculous and a bit worrisome.

Miss my chickens. Think I'm going to go ahead and get more again. I always had eggs then.

At least I can finally get to the GARDEN!!!

I ordered two jars of it for my wife with the order to pu tomorrow! I think it’s ok but sweets aren’t my weakness in life. If I could have stored one thing it would have been a truck load of chicken and red beans and rice from Popeyes!

Red beans and rice are my weakness in life. Not so much the chicken. When I was at my lowest during my chemotherapy that is how my husband got me to eat was with red beans and rice. He jokes that it is what kept me alive literally. Such a dedicated fan that I grow my own fresh (Camelia) red beans and can them and freeze them. Lol
If you haven't tasted them fresh you are missing out.

Red beans and rice are my weakness in life. Not so much the chicken. When I was at my lowest during my chemotherapy that is how my husband got me to eat was with red beans and rice. He jokes that it is what kept me alive literally. Such a dedicated fan that I grow my own fresh (Camelia) red beans and can them and freeze them. Lol
If you haven't tasted them fresh you are missing out.
I normally am not a fast food fan. Good home cooking is my first choice 99% of the time. I’ve tried several attempts at making it but haven’t even come close to as good as Popeyes version. The stuff in New Orleans wasn’t as good to me either!

Excellent Karloshi. We need to be very critical now, we thought we had all the problems covered, but now this situation will show us all where are there weak places in our prepping. We can only learn from it and get better prepped.
We just planted some vegetables on the balcony and in the guest room in anticipation of not being able to get enough if the farmers get sick or even worse, die and there is food there but nobody to harvest it a bring it to the market...
My newest purchase was a 6000 W inverter. I have a small solar system and batteries for 12 V, but I could not get it into 220V for certain things. I also bought a waterfilter system for installation under the counter in the kitchen.
Tell us if you come up with any more ideas...Gary
I have started on my little "garden." I am planting a few tomato and cucumber plants in pots to put on the walkway outside my door and few herbs to put on the windowsill inside.

I think people overlook powdered Tang and lemonade mixes.

Gives a break from plain water and Tang has vitamin C. IT'S WHAT THE ASTRONAUTS DRINK
This was a lesson I learned from Elk hunting out west. I stocked up in the Mio type drink squirters. They are light weight and go along way. I get sick of just plain water so i like to have something like that.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok so most of us are now entering in to a lockdown scenario with regards to the Coronavirus. Who knows how long this will last? Most of the talk seems to be anywhere from 6 to 12 months. I consider myself to be quite well prepared to live independently from others as my energy and food production is ok but there are some areas that would need improvement should we go beyond 12 months. One area I have neglected is that once a year a guy comes to clean our chimneys. This is legally required and also needed for our safety. If for some reason they could no longer come I would have to improvise a system for cleaning. As a result I will be buying my own chimney sweeping kit. I think in Finland I need to be qualified to clean out a chimney but I think buying a kit for emergency would be wise.

Has anyone else noticed any areas they have neglected to prep for?
One thing I deffently f;#&ed up on was baby formula. I have a 3 month old who hated breast milk so we already switched him to formula. When this all started we only had one can because we were buying one at a time and people without infants were buying it as a milk supplement. Thankfully through friends grabbing us cans and us paying them back and us scrambling for all we could, I now have a whole shelf closet full and we orderd a huge $200 case offline. Granted I will not always have an infant but still something i should have been prepared for.

We don't have Tang here. Almost forgotten what that was. Lots of exotic tea here tho. Marocco Mint, Indian peach, Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe, Cinnamon Winter fantasy...With honey or brown sugar. We even have tea which you make with cold water. While backpacking or camping, cold water, 5 min. and drink it cold! GP

One thing I deffently f;#&ed up on was baby formula. I have a 3 month old who hated breast milk so we already switched him to formula. When this all started we only had one can because we were buying one at a time and people without infants were buying it as a milk supplement. Thankfully through friends grabbing us cans and us paying them back and us scrambling for all we could, I now have a whole shelf closet full and we orderd a huge $200 case offline. Granted I will not always have an infant but still something i should have been prepared for.

Formula milk, Calpol, Baby wipes, disposable diapers YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MUCH.

Latest posts

Back