The Fall of Hospitals

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just hope you can see that the “left” is truly not your enemy and that the true problem is the corporations and electors who have been pulling the strings at the expense of the American public for years.
I was hoping Trump would turn that around but it was just the same crap, different flavor.
Maybe someday we will wise up like Iceland did and rise up together against the leaders and oppressors.
DrJenner I do respect what you post. On the left coast, they have made anyone who doesn’t believe what the majority believes they should keep their mouth shut. My better half has been trying to subtly pound that into me- don’t order veal Parmesan, don’t do this, don’t do that.
I am too tired of it. I do have that vent here that is friendly.
The left keeps pounding that “we have to destroy the GOP”
While you think Trump was too far right, I think he was centrist. He did get a lot accomplished.
AOC, Bernie, and the really ones in power are going to gut the system using the system that feeds you medical disinformation. .
i wont attack your position, just consider mine. I do have the one with 9 medical letters after her name and a a couple of the comordities acutally listening to me.

DrJenner I do respect what you post. On the left coast, they have made anyone who doesn’t believe what the majority believes they should keep their mouth shut. My better half has been trying to subtly pound that into me- don’t order veal Parmesan, don’t do this, don’t do that.
While you think Trump was too far right, I think he was centrist. He did get a lot accomplished.
AOC, Bernie, and the really ones in power are going to gut the system using the system that feeds you medical disinformation. .
i wont attack your position, just consider mine. I do have the one with 9 medical letters after her name and a a couple of the comordities acutally listening to me.
My apologies I should’ve clarified a bit.
Extreme views on either side is dangerous. The extreme left, Bernie, AOC…
I didn’t think Trump was extreme right, he was a bit more moderate for sure. What I did not appreciate was him intentionally fanning the flames of discord in our country like it was his freaking reality show. There is just too much at stake.
I live on the west coast and understand what you are talking about. My liberal son in law and daughter in law who live on the outside of Seattle and used to live in the city- are now preppers. They can’t leave due to their jobs but when the SHTF they know to get to our place.
IMO, the extreme views on both sides have led us to this sort of boiling over society- and people have lost their minds.
Those of us who are a bit more moderate are getting drowned out in the crazy.

can we get back on topic here for this thread - the threat of hospitals closing.

I read this article in the Centers for Healthcare quality and payment reform
https://ruralhospitals.chqpr.org/
The primary cause of closures is payments from health insurance plans that don’t sustain essential services in rural communities. Unlike large urban hospitals, small rural hospitals don’t make large profits on patients with private insurance that can be used to offset losses on uninsured patients and patients with Medicaid. In fact, many small rural hospitals are paid less for services by private insurance plans than by Medicare or Medicaid. Hospitals that are losing money year after year can’t maintain adequate capacity needed to respond to emergencies.

This is a real problem that has been happening long before COVID. The hospital my husband worked at (as he is rural family doc) - closed down in May 2020, forcing him to find work elsewhere. The other one we both worked at together, closed in 2016.

What I can see happening is the larger centers who are already influxed now - becoming more and more so as the rural hospitals can't stay afloat and patients are shipped to larger centers (and this is already happening, just being more ramped up now due to our current healthcare situation).

We should all have backup plans for medicines and treatments when we can't access primary care or even more specialized care - and make connections with healthcare providers (for trade or barter).'

Also, would like to say I respect your opinion and the way it is presented. Thank you.
And give my regards to the missus - tell her not to be too hard on you about the veal. Even though I'm originally from CA, I have no problem with my MT born and bred husband out hunting :).

I read this article in the Centers for Healthcare quality and payment reform
https://ruralhospitals.chqpr.org/The primary cause of closures is payments from health insurance plans that don’t sustain essential services in rural communities. Unlike large urban hospitals, small rural hospitals don’t make large profits on patients with private insurance that can be used to offset losses on uninsured patients and patients with Medicaid. In fact, many small rural hospitals are paid less for services by private insurance plans than by Medicare or Medicaid. Hospitals that are losing money year after year can’t maintain adequate capacity needed to respond to emergencies.
Yep, they shut down the only hospital in the county where the BOL is located. Now it will take two hours minimum for an ambulance to get there and take you to the nearest hospital. A lot of people have to be airlifted.

I never thought I would live to see here in America we are beging to look like third world healthcare in places. I am at least in an area that has a really good healthcare network but it’s becoming scarce in many rural areas all over the country. But even in places with access to it it will just about bankrupt you to try and use it now.

We need some more rural doctors.
. Rural Doctors are like Rural Vets, they can’t make the $$$ to pay off the student loans. Add Regulations into to the mix and it’s a disaster.
Some people have suggested to my wife, semi retire, become a country vet. She would be so bored with bee stings, normal exams Etc. To get into med/vet school takes a type AA+ personality.
At 60, she is putting ridiculous work weeks, an adjunct professor having 4th year vets in training with her. Being asked to coauthor a text book, and writing a white paper on early treatment of gal bladder in dogs. All while dealing with some personal Heath issues.
This is what AA+ personalities thrive on. If her third try to get into Vet School was unsuccessful, she would have been a MD because it was easier.
We do need more rural Drs and Vets. But it won’t be like the old house call days. I think eventually Equine Vets won’t be making pasture calls.

A number of states have rural physician scholarship programs. One year of rural practice for each year of scholarship.
https://www.umc.edu/Office of Acade...ppi Rural Physicians Scholarship Program.html
Yes they do. My response will be, you get what you pay for.

That is why I take I take my wife with me to ER, Urgent Care. She can run circles around them. Had a workers comp doctor that I never saw again even though my appointments were with him. He passed it off to someone else after my wife embarrassed him. And that’s because he was condescending and describing the triangular muscle around the ankle. All she did was name the muscle.

What is that supposed to mean? Only rich kids should be doctors?
My wife was far from a rich kid, invited out of the house for her18th birthday. My daughter is a DPT and had it a little better.
Exceptional students excel and do get a good job.
Take that for what I know.

I would equivilate it to welfare, how many actually stay with it after the loans are paid off/forgiven In the Country Doc mode?

Here in the PNW, Legacy hospitals fired over 800 workers for not getting the experimental, usually unnecessary, sometimes deadly vaccine. Now, like I said weeks ago, they are realizing they have made a horrible mistake. Where are they going to find 800 replacements? The hospital patients are suffering, as are the medical professionals now having to take on even more responsibility. On the radio today they said Oregon "only has about 9% of beds left". Ohhh, scary! I think hospitals ALWAYS run like that because empty beds cost the hospital.

Latest posts

Back