Shortages Are Going To Get Worse Later This Year

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know they'll do a good job, because, you know, they're the govt.

No more capitalism

The sick but hilarious part of that is that Communism is Capitalism.

Capitalism always exists, it just differs in who gets to profit.

Communism is Capitalism in its most evil and concentrated form. A handful profit from the efforts of the masses.

It's noteworthy that Marx is the one who coined the term "Capitalism". He wanted to denegrate it. The real term to use is "free market". But then it's hard sell Communism against the word "free".

Last edited:
Always with babysteps
I don’t know many in healthcare that support mandates for vaccination. Some do for healthcare workers, but definitely not in general.

I went in for a surgery a few weeks ago, and while all the people kept coming into my prep room asking questions, etc, one nurse came in to draw blood and asked me if I had been vaccinated. When I told her no, she was VISIBLY shaken! She immediately started going on about how important it is to end this massacre caused by Covid, and "if you could see the carnage I see here every day from the unvaccinated.... I can give it to you right now f you want it..." She was SO angry and SO adamant, that I got up and left the hospital, abandoning my surgery. I was about 100% sure she was going to give it to me while I was under anesthesia, or recovering. My doctor was mad at me until I told her about it. So, SOME people are INSANELY RADICAL about it.

The sick but hilarious part of that is that Communism is Capitalism.

Capitalism always exists, it just differs in who gets to profit.

Communism is Capitalism in its most evil and concentrated form. A handful profit from the masses.

It's noteworthy that Marx is the one who coined the term "Capitalism". He wanted to denegrate it. The real word to use is "free market". But then it's hard sell Communism against the word "free".

Reminded me of a joke.. What is the ultimate Jewish dilemma?

Free Pork

Good point! We do all have to adjust and make the most of our current conditions. How do blueberry bushes and blackberries do there?
Not too great. With the bitter cold and the constantly blowing wind, it’s hard to keep the straw covering them to keep the berry canes from freezing. We lost all our grape vines 3 years ago from an extended heavy wet snow/ice storm. Our weather ranges from 105F in the summer to minus 25F (regular temp not wind chill) in the winter. We’re pretty flat here (sand hills) so the wind gales 60mph+ a lot of the year. Add in hip deep snow and it gets 😬 We also get hailed on a LOT so I have a greenhouse frame sitting out there for the past 5 years and still haven’t used it. I’m thinking about using it as a “cover” for my firewood and using heavy tarps on it.

Last edited:
I went in for a surgery a few weeks ago, and while all the people kept coming into my prep room asking questions, etc, one nurse came in to draw blood and asked me if I had been vaccinated. When I told her no, she was VISIBLY shaken! She immediately started going on about how important it is to end this massacre caused by Covid, and "if you could see the carnage I see here every day from the unvaccinated.... I can give it to you right now f you want it..." She was SO angry and SO adamant, that I got up and left the hospital, abandoning my surgery. I was about 100% sure she was going to give it to me while I was under anesthesia, or recovering. My doctor was mad at me until I told her about it. So, SOME people are INSANELY RADICAL about it.
NOBODY should be badgered and bullied to get it or ANY injection! Once it’s been given, there’s no going back.

We put in a small greenhouse - which was very helpful especially in the ice storm winters we sometimes get. I know not everyone can do that.
Going to try my hand at putting my indoor lemon tree in the greenhouse. I hope it works, once we move farther up north and live in the RV we won't have room for it anymore.
I never tried heating my greenhouse here. With living in the south I reasonably could as we only have a few days of really below freezing temps. But I always thought incorporating a growing area inside your living area made the most sense. Since you’re already keeping that space temperature controlled and it would beautify your place too. To do it well you would be best to plan for it when constructing to begin with for things like south facing glass areas and moisture control.

I'm using my greenhouse now for greens, some herbs, 7 huge tomato plants, a small eucalyptus tree, and spring onions. It'll go just fine till we have negative temps. The in March, I'll be starting all my seedlings for our large garden in there. Flats will be all over the place. I don't use it in the dead of summer, or (last year) in Jan or Feb.

On the news this morning:
7EE7A461-BFD6-4840-BAB8-618211D6CEEF.jpeg

Last edited:
pork shouldn't be a problem here, just read that they produce so much and export is way less than expected..so Christmas is saved for me :D
If there are any shortage of American produced foods, you can bet China will get first crack at it under interstate commerce price controls

Latest posts

Back