"SALIENT OBSERVATIONS" :-)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Harris

Reaction score
Hey Folks...

Some points of observation.

1) An unbelievable number of Preppers (if not the greatest percentage), have there personal information plastered all over the web in one form or another. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all Social Media Sites are utilized by the Government; they are not safe places for "Serious Preppers". They are fine for casuals that need to store up for a couple of weeks, maybe even up to a month only, (and that is a stretch). This will suffice for natural disasters only. The Government is not concerned with Casual Preppers as they have everything they need to know about you already.

2) Anonymity is essential for those more serious that are just involved in Forums. The information available here is a smorgasbord of nonsense to excellent. Prepping is taken to higher levels and include elements of protection in their prepping efforts. Please do not provide personal details of any kind. All forums will require you to join and do maintain a list of members. This is for minor security purposes but is in no way to be depended upon for safe personal security. Remember your personal security is your own responsibility not the forums you participate in. Please be advised that the Government through its various Security Agencies do have individuals assigned as needed to monitor conversations in forums. They are online. Guaranteed.

3) Cell Phone and or Smart Phone conversations are all monitored. This includes texting and GPS location as well. Your Cameras and Microphones are also accessible. Turning these features off will not prevent them all from being exploited with hacking tools available to the Government. Extreme Preppers will not communicate this way. Even those that secure such devices within supposedly EMP proof storage for later use, will be open to exploitation when the devices are eventually utilized. NOT SAFE AT ALL.

4) Snail Mail at this point, is still a tried and true reliable method of secure communication..."SO WE THINK". Remember that the Government is running things in this area as well. Use methods of sealing your mail so that the recipient can detect if the packaging was breached. Additionally please be aware that there are methods available to read your mail without opening it...please avail yourself of the following:

https://www.livescience.com/56054-new-tech-could-read-closed-books.html

I am sure that seasoned individuals here realize that if a new Technology is being "leaked" online, that it's already available to and in use by the Government.

A viable option for Snail Mail, is utilizing a substitutionary code that only you and the recipient can decipher. Ultimately though, unless the code is very sophisticated, it will be cracked as that would be a flag for examination and investigation. The more sophisticated the code, the more interested the Government will be in it.

5) The seasoned and aware are forming groups in private and or prepping privately. They recognize that purchasing anything with a system of payment that is traceable will not do. Cash and or barter is good at this time. Eventually though the monetary systems will be.....eliminated or modified so that barter is all that is left...."KNOW WHO YOU BARTER WITH". This is now the time for Extreme Preppers to act before this happens. It is actually prudent to acquire an over stock of preparedness items that can be used for barter later within the group or between exclusively private prepper citizens. If the Group thing is what you and others are into....I recommend that all the individuals be solid, very solid. There has to be even more solid leadership with one in charge but that is accountable to at least 3 and or 5 individuals that can evaluate "everything", and come to a consensus that the leader can convey to the rest.

6) There is always the possibility that protecting yourself and or your group will require the use of whatever chosen weapons you have deemed prudent. "All" must be committed to the use of force and accept the very real possibility of fatalities. I am not in any way promoting the use of violence this only pointing out that many have prepared this way and these must be real considerations. Effective Strategies must be discussed and even drilled. Staying sharp is the key. Staying private is a real challenge. Staying alive, the ultimate goal.

These are just observations from a crazy guy that cares. Thinking outside of the Prepper Box that we are all presently familiar with is always a good thing. Adopting new and innovative strategies’ will keep us sharp and hopefully alive for as long as possible when the ""real"" SHTF.

Please add your comments and or observations that will help us all.

Thank you and God bless.
Ben.

they already know who we are,simply because we're admin,staff, and members of who knows how many prepper sites to ordering items on line to what ever.chances are they have our ip address crdit card numbers to what we've used them for landline cell numbers.etc etc.and that's why at least some of us pay cash money for some/most items.

Maybe I’m not paranoid enough here. I really don’t have anything to hide, and don’t care if the govt spies on everyone. I’m actually pretty sure they allready do anyways. Sure I prep, it’s kind of like insurance for not going hungry in tough times. Do I think the little bit of supplies I have are of interest to the govt.? Doubtful. They have a lot more resources to stockpile stuff than coming by my house to steal a cubbord full of canned goods. I guess if you really feel threatened by the government then the first thing I would suggest is to NEVER post anything on line about prepping....

Iv never worried about anonymity . As far as Government I tell them who I am every time I pay taxes or update the registration on My car or mail a package . And the bad guy , marauder type the one watching web sites trying to find out who to attack probably isn't capable . Its the one riding around looking for a place to break into you got to watch . Besides We had a Member here that said He's already doxxed Us anyway .

well karloshi..i have food n water.a roof over my head.a vehicle to drive.clean clothes to wear.furniture to sit on.a bed to sleep on.a tv to watch.camping gear for camping out.in which im sure the gov knows this by now.am i worryed about it? nope.i couldn't care less that they know it.especially seeing how these things aint top secret. now how about you going back to watching your si-fi movies.

well karloshi..i have food n water.a roof over my head.a vehicle to drive.clean clothes to wear.furniture to sit on.a bed to sleep on.a tv to watch.camping gear for camping out.in which im sure the gov knows this by now.am i worryed about it? nope.i couldn't care less that they know it.especially seeing how these things aint top secret. now how about you going back to watching your si-fi movies.

That sounds like something a spy would say :)

I just don't bend over that easy. I still expect privacy. I guess thats one of the differences between a liberal and a conservative way of thinking.
Actually, I would prefer privacy. I’m just being realistic in today’s world. Snowden pretty much proved that our government records everything. With computers getting more advanced by the day it just gets easier for them.

I just don't bend over that easy. I still expect privacy. I guess thats one of the differences between a liberal and a conservative way of thinking.
I don't feel that conservatives like privacy any more than liberals. From what I've seen, it's libertarians that value privacy.

The internet world is built on the idea of sharing. Privacy is still possible but it requires living like a hermit and abandoning most of the modern world. Personally i would like to find a balance somewhere between to two. The problem i have is when people say they don't mind government or companies having access to personal data because they have nothing to hide. That is all well and good until you find yourself on the wrong side. Think what Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot... could have done with that kind of big data to target and persecute. Just because it doesn't happen where you live now doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

Karloshi makes a great point.

If all of us were in NZ right now, the 'I have nothing to hide' stance would have taken a U-turn. One man is already dead because they are going door-to-door trying to take everyone's guns away. The baker who refused to bake a gay wedding cake had nothing to hide. (and didn't).

Bad laws do wrong to good people.

The internet world is built on the idea of sharing. Privacy is still possible but it requires living like a hermit and abandoning most of the modern world.
I don't mind living like a hermit, I have no qualms about abandoning modern conveniences, I did once before and I will again, as we all will post SHTF, I was off grid and off line(the internet didn't exist then) and if I had access to the same sort of set up I had then I would happily kiss the modern world goodbye.

Well, Ben, thanks for writing what 99% of those here already know! I find it interesting how you Bold faced part of your last statement. I bet you enjoyed writing that! Kind of like a wink in a conversation. You never mentioned once about helping others though, you know, like how humans throughout history survived on this planet. Our government has been arguing the same issues that concern us here for decades, I'm not going to hold my breath about them doing anything.

To the rest of my fellow preppers, keep up the good work and live a great life!

Latest posts

Back