Recommended books for your Medical BOL or Clinical Response Kit

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
Here are a few medical books that I keep as part of my Clinical Response Kit, these books are indispensable for those who have no field medical training and/or EMT experience. I recommend that you keep them handy. The first one is a bit pricey, but it is full of medical how to's and pictures (color).

51Ax-INaLmL.jpg

The second, which Doc Pops recommends and I second, is the USASOC SOF Medic Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook or the older book form (Green). I have both of these and the kindle version has some slightly updated info.
41cYRa%2B-68L.jpg
41Tfb87o34L.jpg

The third book for those that are novices...is the Wilderness and Survival Medicine 2014, 2d edition. A great book for those with little hands-on experience in field medicine.

81w3HW1%2B75L._SL1500_.jpg

For those with clinical experience...I keep one other on the IPAD that helps in triage and decision making. Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Skills for Nurses, Paramedics and ECPs

41AbjJ-Hc5L.jpg

I have additionally, a few surgery books...but one that I keep on my IPAD is Emergency War Surgery: The Survivalist's Medical Desk Reference
81yZWjYu3kL._SL1500_.jpg

My favorite also is Ditch Medicine, which I actually have a copy in my BOB along with my SOF treatment book.

71sGy3NK-ML._SL1399_.jpg

Last, one that I have not read or own, but plan to get from my normal AMAZON fix....is
71RoAkMzsRL._SL1024_.jpg

Also in the kit is Where There Is No Dentist and Where There is No Doctor...if you need a copy, send me a request...I think I have a PDF version, somewhere. Hope these recommended books will help build your prepper medical library.

Latest posts

Back