Helpful Info. Lists of herbs and there medicinal uses.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know any Diabetics? This might help them if they can’t get meds.

A review on Insulin plant (Costus igneus Nak)​

1668192093558.jpeg

Abstract​

Costus igneus Nak and Costus pictus D. Don, commonly known as Spiral flag, is a member of Costaceae and a newly introduced plant in India from South and Central America. It is a perennial, upright, spreading plant reaching about two feet tall, with spirally arranged leaves and attractive flowers. In southern India, it usually grows as an ornamental plant and its leaves are used as a dietary supplement in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Recently, a number of researches have been carried out to evaluate the anti-diabetic potential of this plant. Besides, it has been proven to possess various pharmacological activities like hypolipidemic, diuretic, antioxidant, anti-microbial, anti-cancerous. Further, various phytochemical investigations reveal the presence of carbohydrates, triterpenoids, proteins, alkaloids, tannins, saponins, flavonoids, steroid, and appreciable amounts of trace elements. This work is an attempt to compile and explore the different pharmacological and phytochemical studies reported till date.

CONCLUSION​

This review supports the therapeutic potential of the leaves in diabetes. However, these results have to be further evaluated and revalidated by clinical trials. The anti-diabetic effect of its leaves is currently been tested in diabetic patients. Studies reveal its role in various diseases, which opens up new clinical research areas. Furthermore, it paves new avenues to explore the compounds responsible for these therapeutic effects, and study the mechanism of its action.

When I was living in Florida, a local woman died of Oleander poisoning after trimming her plantings.
A woman near us in Germany killed her dog inadvertantly by picking up "just any stick" for the dog to fetch and unfortunately had picked up some oleander.....

“A recipe for golden milk that heals the whole body. It has a positive effect on pain in the bones, joints, spine. Relieves arthritis pain. Heals the liver and washes away fatty deposits. Removes toxins from the body, has antioxidant properties. Golden milk is full of calcium. It helps the proper growth and development of children. Golden milk is good for digestion, skin health, immune system, even against some types of tumors. It has a beneficial effect on the colon and prevents colon cancer”

Know any Diabetics? This might help them if they can’t get meds.

A review on Insulin plant (Costus igneus Nak)​

View attachment 17813

Abstract​

Costus igneus Nak and Costus pictus D. Don, commonly known as Spiral flag, is a member of Costaceae and a newly introduced plant in India from South and Central America. It is a perennial, upright, spreading plant reaching about two feet tall, with spirally arranged leaves and attractive flowers. In southern India, it usually grows as an ornamental plant and its leaves are used as a dietary supplement in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Recently, a number of researches have been carried out to evaluate the anti-diabetic potential of this plant. Besides, it has been proven to possess various pharmacological activities like hypolipidemic, diuretic, antioxidant, anti-microbial, anti-cancerous. Further, various phytochemical investigations reveal the presence of carbohydrates, triterpenoids, proteins, alkaloids, tannins, saponins, flavonoids, steroid, and appreciable amounts of trace elements. This work is an attempt to compile and explore the different pharmacological and phytochemical studies reported till date.

CONCLUSION​

This review supports the therapeutic potential of the leaves in diabetes. However, these results have to be further evaluated and revalidated by clinical trials. The anti-diabetic effect of its leaves is currently been tested in diabetic patients. Studies reveal its role in various diseases, which opens up new clinical research areas. Furthermore, it paves new avenues to explore the compounds responsible for these therapeutic effects, and study the mechanism of its action.

I started looking this up for aome loved ones of mine and found a dosing schedule here:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...NS_AS_REMEDIAL_APPROACH_FOR_DIABETES_MELLITUS
Thanks for sharing that!!

I started looking this up for aome loved ones of mine and found a dosing schedule here:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...NS_AS_REMEDIAL_APPROACH_FOR_DIABETES_MELLITUS
Thanks for sharing that!!

Thank you for the dosing schedule!! Well done! I’m printing it off and putting in my Medical Binder! With all this data gathering, I have a big binder for many subjects.

Just want to encourage everyone to keep this information and start growing it in a greenhouse or inside your home now. Even if you don’t have anyone in your group who has diabetes. We dont have anyone, but will plan on helping those that do!

EDITED TO ADD DOSAGE INFO…

1668259657029.png

Last edited:
Purslane looks a lot like goats head. Seeds are small in purslane. Goats head can puncture tires.
Its like knowing the difference between Queen Anne’s Lace and poison Hemlock.
Make sure of your identification.
Spurge too. Spurge is flat where purslane is more succulent.

A couple days ago I started reading a book called Medicinal Herbs a Beginners Guide by Rosemary Gladstar. I think this book is a good start for anyone interested in learning about medicinal herbs and their uses. Many of the herbs listed in this book already grow around our place, some herbs we have in our garden and others we can plant. The wife is putting together a seed order for our 2023 garden, including several medicinal herb seeds.
It looks like there are many good links on this thread, but I'm unable to open any of them.

Magnolia bark contains a natural angiogenesis inhibitor (blood vessel formation) which can keep the diversion of resources to cancer cells at bay. Most potent in synergy with modified citrus pectin, but after shtf, that would be impossible to get.

I would link individual studies, but this is a good summary.

https://www.drchuang.com/honokiol-magnolia-bark-cancer-cure/

Southern Magnolia bark (Magnolia grandiflora) also contains honokiol, along with magnolol and 3,5′-diallyl-2′-hydroxy-4-methoxybiphenyl. All of which have significant antimicrobial properties. The leaves have coumarins (anticoagulants) and parthenolide.
Parthenolide has a variety of reported in vitro biological activities, including:
  • Modulation of the NF-κB-mediated inflammatory responses in experimental atherosclerosis.
  • Inducing apoptosis in acute myelogenous leukemia cells, leaving normal bone marrow cells relatively unscathed. Moreover, the compound may get at the root of the disease because it also kills stem cells that give rise to AML.
  • Activity against Leishmania amazonensis.
  • Microtubule-interfering activity.

Around here there are magnolias in just about everyone's yards.

I got my Annanda Chaga tea, tinctures, and chaga, reishi, turkey tail tea in last week. I Made the Chaga tea in crock pot overnight...had a cup and it is good with a little honey! Storing it in a quart jar. Gonna make the other later today also.

Attachments

• 20230312_104543.jpg
    12 MB · Views: 0
I just learned that spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum) is used in Chinese medicine for cancer.

A study in 21 showed it had "Significant antiproliferative effects."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33231161/
I need more TCM books so I can figure out what the dosages and side effects are since it is toxic in higher doses.

Latest posts

Back