How would You Handle Covid outbreak?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtDiva

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I was sitting in the waiting room today at the hospital and there was this great discussion going on about Covid. I am curious about your responses.

Think back to March of last year (2020) the beginning of this pandemic. You are in a position of power let's say president or governor of your state. What would you do or do differently to deal with Covid 19 outbreak.

For starters I wouldn't trample on peoples Rights, freedoms and liberties. And I wouldn't shut down businesses, schools and trash the economy. I would present all of the information available and let the citizens decide what THEY want to do. In my area there was no change in anyone's daily life. A few places recommended masks, but that was all. The school didn't shut down and none of the businesses around here shut down. Why should it? Life goes on. Not everyone works for government where they can get unlimited time off with pay. Most people still have to work for a living.

I would impose a strict lockdown, not these half butted ones.

Warn the supply chain to gear up a week ahead of time.

Announce the day after the stimulus was distributed. You have 2 weeks to get supplies to be strictly locked down for 3 weeks.

Only police, fire, and medical are deemed essential.

I think that would have flattened the curve like a steam roller.

Most of us as preppers would be sitting back watching with a bowl of popcorn and a cold one.

I guess some people would actually rather live under a communist dictatorship than a Constitutional Republic. The Leftist media has been very effective in training the sheep.
I am far from a sheeple.

if you look at my suggestion, it invalidates everything that has been being done to us the past year.

I look at my suggestion the same way a snow or ice storm was treated in WNY.

I am far from a sheeple.

if you look at my suggestion, it invalidates everything that has been being done to us the past year.

I look at my suggestion the same way a snow or ice storm was treated in WNY.
There can't be freedom and liberties if you advocate locking people up and shutting down business. In my area there are no road closures due to ice or snow. Travel at your own risk.

My first would be CDS. I have been exposed multiple time now, even cooked with a lady just last weekend who became Covid positive. I have still yet gotten this COVID. Once I found out I was exposed was when I started the CDS. Taken once in the morning and then again in the evening. . . just to be sure.

There can't be freedom and liberties if you advocate locking people up and shutting down business. In my area there are no road closures due to ice or snow. Travel at your own risk.

These half butted ones have gotten us nowhere. People just wandering around Home Depot for something to do.

in WNY, if the county closes the roads your insurance company won’t pay out. Only exemptions are fire, police, medical, highway dept, and food supply workers.

I was sitting in the waiting room today at the hospital and there was this great discussion going on about Covid. I am curious about your responses.

Think back to March of last year (2020) the beginning of this pandemic. You are in a position of power let's say president or governor of your state. What would you do or do differently to deal with Covid 19 outbreak.
Incinerating Wuhan is sounding pretty good at the moment. Probably would not have this delta strain floating around.

These half butted ones have gotten us nowhere. People just wandering around Home Depot for something to do.

in WNY, if the county closes the roads your insurance company won’t pay out. Only exemptions are fire, police, medical, highway dept, and food supply workers.
Thank God I still live in a free state. If the county closed the roads around here just because of a little snow or ice nobody would go anywhere.

EasternerWesterner, I keep thinking you live in Europe somewhere. Your thought patterns are totally foreign to us living in the Free States.
50 yrs in a mostly red area of NY, 3 years in Farm country of IL, 10 yrs in the Kommunist Republik where I am a total outcast.
Its humorous, I have been in this debate before and a liberal was saying the same thing as Articdude.
My idea = 3 weeks of hardship. How long has this been going on with half butted lockdowns, 15 months?

50 yrs in a mostly red area of NY, 3 years in Farm country of IL, 10 yrs in the Kommunist Republik where I am a total outcast.
Its humorous, I have been in this debate before and a liberal was saying the same thing as Articdude.
My idea = 3 weeks of hardship. How long has this been going on with half butted lockdowns, 15 months?
That's totally foreign thinking to a Free citizen of a Constitutional Republic.
Most of the country didn't lock down last time, and we won't be locked down again. Of course in a Free country people can hide in a corner of their basement if they want.

I would impose a strict lockdown, not these half butted ones.

Warn the supply chain to gear up a week ahead of time.

Announce the day after the stimulus was distributed. You have 2 weeks to get supplies to be strictly locked down for 3 weeks.

Only police, fire, and medical are deemed essential.

I think that would have flattened the curve like a steam roller.

Most of us as preppers would be sitting back watching with a bowl of popcorn and a cold one.

I like the all or nothing approach. If the virus warranted a national response, then go all the way. Shut it down completely. If it did not warrant a full and complete shutdown, then leave it up to the people to decide what measures they wanted to take to protect themselves. A half azz approach solves nothing and causes untold problems. The government treated the virus the same way they keep fighting wars, half azzed, and they get the same results. No solutions but a lot of people die. I do not believe this virus warranted a national shutdown. I also believe the people should have been given all the facts and then let them decide on the proper course of action for themselves.

I like the all or nothing approach. If the virus warranted a national response, then go all the way. Shut it down completely. If it did not warrant a full and complete shutdown, then leave it up to the people to decide what measures they wanted to take to protect themselves. A half azz approach solves nothing and causes untold problems. The government treated the virus the same way they keep fighting wars, half azzed, and they get the same results. No solutions but a lot of people die. I do not believe this virus warranted a national shutdown. I also believe the people should have been given all the facts and then let them decide on the proper course of action for themselves.
If there was a total response, it takes away the 14 days to flatten the curve excuse that we heard for 3 months. Steamroll that curve.

It takes away the control that has been placed on us with ridiculous mandates. By giving up a month, we would have gained a year and the economy wouldn’t have suffered as much

Most importantly it would have taken away the MSM propaganda.

I agree that most of the country didn’t need it. If I listened to MSM that I hear here, half the population of AZ would be dead by now.

Latest posts

Back