How to Make a 60 lb PVC longbow for less than $10

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool bow!
i want the scope! lol.
also remember, if your inna pinch and post-shtf, you need to make one of these, you can dig in the front/back yard of houses and dig up the sprinkler line which is usually made of 3/4"(main line) and 1/2"(field line) pipe.

The scope is a tru glow it looks like avalible almost any where i got a 5pin with light for 30 bucks on ebay same one exactly

oh lol, i thought you ment IF you didnt have anything.

kite string, paracord, braided thread, fishing line etc.

Ok something to think of, it is not an instant fix for bow line but, Kill/trap or find a way to get a squril. Skin it by slicing it down the back, 'you want the belly hide'. Process properly then cut it into the largest circle you can. Then starting from the outside, you cut a small strip like a pinwheel until you get to the center of the hide. At this point you should have one long string. Use this for your bow string. The American Indians found that squril hide was the best to make bow string out of. Also you will need to know your local trees and shrubs to know which ones you will be able to use for arrows. Just saying.

Love the bow idea though. Krine be careful digging for pvc in yards, it could be detrimental to your health. Just sayin.

Ok something to think of, it is not an instant fix for bow line but, Kill/trap or find a way to get a squril. Skin it by slicing it down the back, 'you want the belly hide'. Process properly then cut it into the largest circle you can. Then starting from the outside, you cut a small strip like a pinwheel until you get to the center of the hide. At this point you should have one long string. Use this for your bow string. The American Indians found that squril hide was the best to make bow string out of. Also you will need to know your local trees and shrubs to know which ones you will be able to use for arrows. Just saying.

Love the bow idea though. Krine be careful digging for pvc in yards, it could be detrimental to your health. Just sayin.

Davmy, One hell of a tip, man that opens a lot of doors for processing skins.:m4: Kick ### man !!

Detremental? How so?

well i already have a bow but i might just make a couple up for bartering sakes, i mean its cheap and looks fun to make.

I found a 2 year old compound bow at a pawn shop for $100, I talked him down to $70. Apparently it is worth about $450. If you shop around at pawn shops, you can get some great deals! It worked out great for me because it was a left handed bow and I happen to be left handed.

i love pawn shops but where i live its pawn america and maxx it pawn so they dont budge on there price so when i go up north were there mom and pop stores thats where i get my good deals

Yep, you got to find those mom and pop pawn shops. As long as they make the money they have into it plus a few bucks then they are happy. I have 5 in my area that I hit on a regular basis and see what they have available.

Latest posts

Back