Next up...meat taxes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainingcatzanddogs

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Meat taxes

“How large could such a tax be? According to researchers Cameron Hepburn and Franziska Funke, as high as 56% for beef, 25% for poultry, and 19% for lamb and pork — costs that are necessary to ‘reflect the environmental costs of their production.’”

“Just as meat and dairy must become more expensive, healthy and sustainable plant-based foods should become more affordable.”

Leftist Calls For A ‘Meat Tax’ Reach Fever Pitch | The Daily Wire

They are talking about manipulating the markets by artificially inflating the prices on meat and artificially suppressing the prices of vegetables, fruits and nuts.

Some problematic costs of farming “plant based foods”

Water/irrigation: For years the left has been screaming about how much water is “wasted” on agriculture, specifically, farming irrigation. Now they are planning on increasing the demand?

Exactly how are farmers supposed to increase the production of plant based foods without the water necessary to grow them?

I have yet to see where California has banned all swimming pools since they waste so much water.

Fertilizer

It is scientifically provable, that modern fertilizers over “organic” ones, increase production yields by 30%. The result of switching to purely organic fertilizers is that you will need approximately 35% more land to be farmed to produce the same amount of food. This at a time when the government is proposing with its 30-30 and 50-50 plans to put into “preservation” by the government large swaths of land.

Where do they think they are going to get the land to feed an INCREASING population when they are forcing farmers to cut yields by 30% and simultaneously, gobbling up additional farmland for “protection”?

Labor

The number of farmers in the last 50 years has been declining. There are still some types of fruits and vegetables that must be hand harvested. We can’t get people to work in climate controlled fast food restaurants for well above minimum wage, on what planet do they think you are going to find people to sweat in the sun, bent over or on their knees while getting paid minimum wage?

Equipment

I can buy a used 1960 tractor for about $5,000 or an electric tractor for $75,000 + an $18,000 battery swap out pack (8-10 hour recharge time) because the tractor will not make it through a normal farming day with one charge. That is more than I paid for my first home!

And they think vegetables are going to cost less?

Of course, all of these issues are solved if you go ahead and do what was done in the Communist Revolution in Russia and Ukraine and simply make all of the farms property of the government.

Then you have access to all the water, equipment and labor you need. You can keep prices artificially low and make the tax payers eat the losses.

Last edited:
From the article above

“Part of the tax revenue could finance subsidies for growing vegetables, grains and alternative proteins, or help low-income households meet their food bills on a more regular basis,”

Sounds like we would be getting our own bug factories and doing more welfare food stamp handouts too. :mad:

From the article above

“Part of the tax revenue could finance subsidies for growing vegetables, grains and alternative proteins, or help low-income households meet their food bills on a more regular basis,”

Sounds like we would be getting our own bug factories and doing more welfare food stamp handouts too. :mad:

The fact is, these bug factories would be MORE EXPENSIVE and do nothing at all for the environment. Don’t get me started on how unhealthy the crap would be! It is THE WAY to enslave us by controlling our food!!!

We must all fight this to the end! Burn down their freaking plants before they even open.

Of course, all of these issues are solved if you go ahead and do what was done in the Communist Revolution in Russia and Ukraine and simply make all of the farms property of the government.

Then you have access to all the water, equipment and labor you need. You can keep prices artificially low and make the tax payers eat the losses.
Then you can starve out millions of farmers by denying them access to the food they grow, which is what happened in the Holodomor.

I have been pondering absurdity of the 56% tax on beef. Take a look on the highest hills. I see beef cattle up there all the time. Nobody is going to till that land.
Water-the cattle go spring fed ponds. As near as I can determine, one of those ponds fed a creek in my back 10 acres with a beautiful water fall that I have yet to see running. How did they get away with that? The land was owned by the mother of a newspaper magnate. Think Xanadu/Castle.
Take out beef production, that land is going to waste.
6EC8816A-B60E-44EE-94BF-B84DA4915132.jpeg

I have been pondering absurdity of the 56% tax on beef. Take a look on the highest hills. I see beef cattle up there all the time. Nobody is going to till that land.
Water-the cattle go spring fed ponds. As near as I can determine, one of those ponds fed a creek in my back 10 acres with a beautiful water fall that I have yet to see running. How did they get away with that? The land was owned by the mother of a newspaper magnate. Think Xanadu/Castle.
View attachment 17145

This is the government. "Wasting" things is their specialty. Lol.

View attachment 17145

Don't look for logic or even anything that is true…this is about STARVING US and TAKING everything!!!

Sad Sad people, I am glad I can buy from the local butcher what I do not grow myself. I can order what meat and what cut I want and pick it up in a few days. They select local and butcher themselves. I vacume pack, fridge for 2 weeks, re-pack and fridge for another 2 weeks and then re-vacume and freeze. Super tender, all bled out and clean. Repacking insures the removal of most moisture that causes stale smells and freezer burns.
No antibiotics and no cheap foodstuffs in the animals. No long hauling of the animals in a truck to where they are butchered either. Healthy and good food.

Latest posts

Back