Gimmie bags

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm torn on my opinion on this, too. Great to have, especially for barter, but I think you would have to incorporate the "gray house" concept if you did this. If people know you have a stash and this is what you are giving away you are in for trouble, but if you appear to be scraping by and this bag appears to the recipient as a big stretch for you, you might be okay.

Like others have already said: have to be very, very careful when/how/if you do it.

It used to be that you could rely on your neighbors. . .if your milk cow was in milk, you would share and when their milk cow was in milk, they would share with you so you can have milk all year long, but unfortunately times have changed and so have the mind set of people

its not the people you give food that you trust ! its the people that attack them and demand to know were they got it that i would be concerned about.

damn good point.

Part of the qualifier (when we are first talking with someone about what they need), will be to find out their goals. If looking for someone, etc., we'll likely drive/ride them a good ways away (blind-folded) in hopes they can't find us again, but also getting them closer to their goal.

I don't really know how to get my point across to my wife that we can't help everyone. I don't want to do gimme bags unless it is a Damn good reason but she wants to.

Doing them and actually USING them are two different things, so can just hope she'll see the risks if it ever gets to that point. In the meantime, they're just extra supplies for YOU.

Latest posts

Back